I need suggestions from sellers

tictac7

Hi,

I recently recieved 10 orders for one of my gigs from one seller. I agreed with him before that I’ll be finishing it on a specific date. And since he ordered for $50 I didn’t want to take extra cash for the short timeframe. After he submited the order I realised he have ordered more than the standard order, he requested 4 extras and didn’t add money for it. I don’t know how to tell him that he needs to pay more in a polite way. As it was obvious from our discussion that he have read the extras section. The extras worth $20, and I already didn’t ask for $30 more for the short period. Should I just accept the $50 and not ask for the extra $20? It bugs me because the gigs extras takes a portion of my short time to design.

Thanks

Hi, actually you can lose your client by asking to pay more, but also you can get more money :D. I had few experiences like these it’s kinda risky. I would say as we are just starting on fiverr we should accept the order even if it’s worth more to gain some customer satisfaction and exposure. Thats just my opinion.

Good luck

If you had extras in your Gig and he selected them, they should be included in the cost right? If he said he added them but didn’t, you didn’t check well enough. If he added them but didn’t say it, he should pay for them.

Best is to talk it over rather than have it simmer, and make sure you both understood what happened, and make an agreement. You can always mutually cancel and order and do it again with proper extras and payments, once you got on the same page.

Reply to @tictac7: If he didn’t select them he technically didn’t buy them. Contact him and explain that he didn’t exactly order what he asked for, and that you want to work it out with him.

If you are worried about his reaction make sure to keep a positive tone. Either he will pay for the extras he wanted, or you might have to come halfway and do an extra he forgot to order. In the end it’s about resolving it, but not doing things you feel are bad/pressured. It’s your call in the end, and don’t be afraid to stick to your decision.

Archived