Extension on late delivery

sheepkiller07

Hi all,

I would like to know what happens when a order is late (2 hours) and then when I came to know that the order is late then I requested time extension.

The delay isn't due to me its due to the buyer. The buyer is supposed to give me some accounts to deploy the work on but he doesn't have them ready yet.

Now Its been around 5-6 hours since the order deadline has been passed, the buyer is offline most probably due to holiday. 

What can I do. Will I take the negative rating hit? if yes then how much % I am at 100% right now.

What about if buyer accepts the resolution, still it'll affect my profile since I'd opened the resolution 2 hours late? I can tell the support clearly with proof if they can help me solving this issue

Please help 

Thanks all

Edited by sheepkiller07
added more info for better understanding
  • Like 16
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/26/2023 at 2:37 PM, sheepkiller07 said:

What can I do. Will I take the negative rating hit? if yes then how much % I am at 100% right now.

Your delivery on time stats are already affected. What you can do is to ask for multiple extra days with this extension request.

You might not know but if the buyer doesn't reply in 2 days once you sent the extension request, Fiverr automatically accepts the extension for you. However, if the order is 1 day late, the buyer can cancel it. So that's a thing to consider here. I would recommend asking for an extension that covers more than 2 days, in case that buyer is offline for the holidays and Fiverr accepts the extension automatically, you will have enough time. There's also the option to cancel because the buyer is unresponsive and you could go to customer support with proof that the buyer never shared the guidelines. However, that brings the question, what did the buyer send you though, because he did start the order if it's already late.. 

• Like 23

12 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Your delivery on time stats are already affected. What you can do is to ask for multiple extra days with this extension request.

But others are saying if the buyer accepts the resolution then I will not be degraded.

My buyer has accepted the resolution but I really don't want to take the hit

• Like 7

14 hours ago, sskg2020 said:

If the buyer accepts the resolution then you will not be degraded and it will not impact your gig performance,

Are you sure? because your answer doesn't matches with donnovan86 answer. 

Can you give some resource link or something to back up your answer 

Thanks

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, sheepkiller07 said:

But others are saying if the buyer accepts the resolution then I will not be degraded.

My buyer has accepted the resolution but I really don't want to take the hit

Well it depends on when the extension was accepted.

If the order was already late when the buyer accepted your resolution, obviously it was already marked as late and you did not deliver on time. So your stats were affected. 

If the extension was accepted before the deadline, then it's all fine. However, if your order has a late delivery, whenever your order is marked as late, you have a late delivery penalty. That's another thing, if you're not delivering on time for this new deadline and it's marked as late again, you will have 2 late deliveries on the same order. 

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

It’s 2 days. 48 hours. 
after 24 hours orders is marked as late, after 48 as very late and the option to cancel the order. 

I think it's marked as late about as soon as it goes late (or within about an hour of it going past the the delivery time? - I think I had an email about one being late about an hour after it should have been delivered saying "you missed your delivery due date...")?

Also if the "very late" is 2 days (for when they can cancel it automatically) it seems like the help page about it is wrong.

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010108157-What-does-my-order-status-mean-

Late

When an order is marked as Late, the freelancer missed the expected delivery time.

Very Late

When an order status is marked as Very Late, this means that 24 hours have passed since the order was marked as "Late".
..Similar to what we've explained above, the customer is now able to cancel the order within the Order page using the Resolution Center—however, it is not a mutual cancellation request. Very Late orders that are cancelled will be immediately cancelled.
Edited by uk1000
  • Like 8

24 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

I think it's marked as late about as soon as it goes late (or within about an hour of it going past the the delivery time? - I think I had an email about one being late about an hour after it should have been delivered saying "you missed your delivery due date...")?

It depends. If you rarely have an order that's late, it can take 2-3 hours at most, and then it's marked as late by the system. If you deliver late more often, then it's within 1 to 60 minutes most of the time.

39 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

after 24 hours orders is marked as late, after 48 as very late and the option to cancel the order. 

I know, I mentioned this above for the OP. I assume most buyers will end up accepting the extension and not canceling the order. But it depends based on what the buyer wants, urgency, etc.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

Try to complete the order as soon as possible with suggestions for the missing information from the buyer. In this way there is space for revisions from the buyer and you can continue with other orders. Late is late, there is nothing you can do about that. Learn from it and plan in your tasks better next time. Goodluck! 

• Like 7

Hello everyone! 

I recently joined Fiverr and I'm learning many new things about this platform and now I have a question related to this topic.

I haven't received an order yet but I want to be prepared to avoid newbie's mistakes.

Outside of this platform, usually, I meet the deadlines on time because I have a workflow based on milestones and prompt communication and, before starting, I always tell my clients that if they don't reply on time there is a chance that the deadline cannot be met and the delivery will be on a different date.

But here on Fiverr, there is an extra thing to consider, which is the downgrade of the stats (which I consider a good thing if deserved).

So, what is the best thing we can do if the client isn't responsive and the delivery date becomes closer?

Based on what I read here, you should ask for an extension before the meeting the original deadline, which will be automatically activated if the client doesn't reply in two days.

Also, is asking for an extension the solution we can use to protect ourselves in case of an unresponsive client?

If a seller asks for an extension, will the stats be impacted a bit anyway?

Thanks for your suggestions!

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, edc_lab said:

Also, is asking for an extension the solution we can use to protect ourselves in case of an unresponsive client?

If a seller asks for an extension, will the stats be impacted a bit anyway?

Seeking an extension does not affect the stats or account. It happens all the time with most of us.  

• Like 10