A question for those who get multiple orders at the same time.

viciam11

Hello everyone, hope you're all having good holidays. I have a question and I'm sure some other people will find answers to this question helpful as well.

Its about balancing multiple Fiverr gigs and the challenge that comes with it. What time management strategies, tools, or other methods do you use to ensure timely delivery without compromising quality?

🙂

• Like 23
  • Up 2

I've been there! What works for me is setting realistic deadlines (probably the biggest thing), waking up early with a structured schedule, and breaking big tasks into smaller chunks (if relevant given the service you're selling).

Don't forget to give yourself some breathing room with breaks to avoid burnout. And hey, it's okay to say no to new gigs if you're already maxed out.

Keep quality in check, and you'll be golden. Good luck! 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing. I think being able to say no to a gig is important and for some it might be counter intuitive and challenging. But I really believe it would be the best thing to do in certain situations.

Taking a break and time away from the screen is cruicial. Perhaps going for a quick walk outside every hour/2hours would be helpful as well.

• Like 17

On 12/22/2023 at 5:58 PM, easypr said:

I've been there! What works for me is setting realistic deadlines (probably the biggest thing), waking up early with a structured schedule, and breaking big tasks into smaller chunks (if relevant given the service you're selling).

Don't forget to give yourself some breathing room with breaks to avoid burnout. And hey, it's okay to say no to new gigs if you're already maxed out.

Keep quality in check, and you'll be golden. Good luck! 

Very Promising! I was about to say your lines & I totally agreed to you philosophy of not taking limitless orders. I think everyone should have a max target. Cheers mate!

• Like 17

''Divide and rule''

Divide the work in multiple portions. Set a specific time limit for each portion. Complete that in time. When a project is completed within time give yourself a reward (coffee, ice-cream, whatever you like most). If not completed in time keep push yourself. Don't forget to do some exercise / meditation and keep hydrated yourself all time.

• Like 12
  • Up 1

On 12/23/2023 at 9:37 PM, viciam11 said:

I think being able to say no to a gig is important and for some it might be counter intuitive and challenging. But I really believe it would be the best thing to do in certain situations.

I let buyers know immediately what my schedule is, how many orders are in queue, when I expect to start on their project, and when they can expect a delivery, if they were to place an order now. Sometimes I won't be able to start on their project for three weeks or more, so I need to know if they are willing to wait that long. If not, I recommend they go with a seller who can meet their desired turnaround time.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

You should be very clear and straight about the deadlines you can meet. most of the time if a buyer asks me to get a job done in a specific amount of time and if I am busy with other projects and realize that I will not be able to do it in the asking time, I always politely refuse and tell the buyer that I can't make false commitment and can do the work in whatever possible time. then, if the buyer can wait then good otherwise they move on.

Never promise the deadline you can't meet. you better know your potential to handle a certain amount of jobs at a time without compromising the quality.

• Like 9
  • Up 1