I think I got scammed.

shredlikeloomis

Hello folks, there’s this one guy, he once asked me to send him over a sample of the song he asked me to mix. I thought he would like it and we would continue with the other songs but no, he received my mix, loved it actually and said “I am feeling ill I’ll be back soon.” And he never responded back for almost 15 days. When I checked his Spotify, I saw he released it already. What can I do about it? 

• Like 5
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, shredlikeloomis said:

When I checked his Spotify, I saw he released it already. What can I do about it? 

I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about it now. I've already been scammed, not in this category but in another. So,  don't threaten buyers in any way on Fiverr chat because it will hurt your own reputation on Fiverr. Let's move forward and learn from this experience.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, shredlikeloomis said:

Hello folks, there’s this one guy, he once asked me to send him over a sample of the song he asked me to mix. I thought he would like it and we would continue with the other songs but no, he received my mix, loved it actually and said “I am feeling ill I’ll be back soon.” And he never responded back for almost 15 days. When I checked his Spotify, I saw he released it already. What can I do about it? 

Sorry to hear that. Something similar happened to me. A guy asked me to post social media content to his TikTok. So I made a plan in an excel to show him what captions, images and hasthags will be posted with date and time. He cancelled the order after I sent him this for checking and later I noticed he had posted on his TikTok himself according to the plan I create. I wasn't upset about this as much as I was about Fiverr cancelling the order and it affected my order completion rate. But you move on and understand that its part of the business.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, shredlikeloomis said:

Before that, you should take the order first to perform any kind of work. I am not sure why people do all these and think they will make a growth in their personal life or business. But I am pretty sure that you can contact with fiverr support to sort out. But still I will say that do not expect that you will get the payment for the work you did 😞

• Like 6