Fed up from a buyer and support attitude.

zamarr

So it started 1 year ago. 
a buyer came to my inbox and we discussed everything on call clearly i take on the project, but now, this buyer not accepting my delivery, 

i already got warning for this order from fiverr stated that "i didn't complete the work and do false delivery" and in this 1 year I did a lot of work even more than what he is paying me, ($450). 

in between this order i completed other orders worth more than ($450) , even some orders are in thousands of dollars (So why i will not complete his $450 worth of order), but this buyer just keep me hanging and not even replying to me, i don't want to deliver again because i am afraid of support that i will got another warning or account suspension,

Now i am thinking of 2 things, either to remove all the work i did this year (but thinking of his running store, my mind doesn't allow me to spoil his business) and cancel this order. or through someway this order is completed. please help what should i do?

I even contact support 4 months before, and they message buyer on my behalf and he replied with more work which i did again, but now 1 month passes again and he is not replying, he is regularly doing this to me during  this year,  he is not releasing my payment and his attitude towards me is like force labouring,  

Senior please suggest something what should i do, I really stuck here, i dont care about the money but wanted to get rid of him? 
Please advise I will appreciate it.

Thank you

Screenshot (42).png

• Like 10
  • Sad 13
  • Up 1

are you a senior?
I will do contact support to cancel the order, but than i will not let him take my work, i am not here for charity, so when the order cancel  than i will remove my work should it will safe for me?  

looking forward to your advise. smartvicky

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

Hi @zamarr !

I am so sorry to hear about this unfortunate circumstance. Please contact our Customer Support team for assistance with this. They will be able to help you cancel the order so that it no longer shows up as a late order on your account. To do so, you can open a ticket at https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new or send an email to support@fiverr.com. Thanks.

• Like 16
  • Up 2

Fiverr staff thank you for  replying here.
Cancelling the order is fine I can do. (even though it spoils my order cancellation percentage, I can recover that). 

my main concern is I will remove the work which I did throughout last year for him, It consist of the following services which he is enjoying for free till now. 

Homepage + Sidebar Menu
Product pages
Directory pages 
4  Location pages
About Us
Help Center 
All Department page 
Newsletter Page
Many Apps setup and much more repetitive tasks, Change/Revisions

Than I make loom videos to train him that how to use the Shopify editor and generate more pages if he needed in future.

So the thing is if  he complains back  to support will I be safe?
Because he isn't paying  so why he will take the work? Will I got any  warning? or what will happen?

I didn't remove anything as such but thinking of doing it, 

Looking forward to a clear answer.
thank you

• Like 13
  • Up 1

15 hours ago, zamarr said:

Fiverr staff thank you for  replying here.
Cancelling the order is fine I can do. (even though it spoils my order cancellation percentage, I can recover that). 

my main concern is I will remove the work which I did throughout last year for him, It consist of the following services which he is enjoying for free till now. 

Homepage + Sidebar Menu
Product pages
Directory pages 
4  Location pages
About Us
Help Center 
All Department page 
Newsletter Page
Many Apps setup and much more repetitive tasks, Change/Revisions

Than I make loom videos to train him that how to use the Shopify editor and generate more pages if he needed in future.

So the thing is if  he complains back  to support will I be safe?
Because he isn't paying  so why he will take the work? Will I got any  warning? or what will happen?

I didn't remove anything as such but thinking of doing it, 

Looking forward to a clear answer.
thank you

Personally, I wouldn't go back and remove any of his stuff. Let it be. He will get what he deserves in some way shape or form if he wronged you and you will recover what you lost. Its in situations like this where its time to show whether you will be the bigger man or not (I know this is off topic from fiverr) but its a life lesson as it applies to all aspects of life...including Fiverr and any other business you will undertake generally. Its a good ethical foundation. Secondly, if you do that...he might want to seek revenge and send fake orders your way and keep on cancelling through other fake accounts he might set up. People can be very petty. So, in my opinion its best to let the situation go and move on. Don't lose focus from what your task is which is to provide an excellent product/service and that's it. Rest take care of itself. Situations like this can take away focus.

I was in a similar situation just last week. But I didn't go into his account and remove the work. I said to myself that its fine, let him have it. Even though his actions messed up my completion rate and set me back what could be a month till level up to level 1.

• Like 14
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, viciam11 said:

Personally, I wouldn't go back and remove any of his stuff. Let it be. He will get what he deserves in some way shape or form if he wronged you and you will recover what you lost. Its in situations like this where its time to show whether you will be the bigger man or not (I know this is off topic from fiverr) but its a life lesson as it applies to all aspects of life...including Fiverr and any other business you will undertake generally. Its a good ethical foundation. Secondly, if you do that...he might want to seek revenge and send fake orders your way and keep on cancelling through other fake accounts he might set up. People can be very petty. So, in my opinion its best to let the situation go and move on. Don't lose focus from what your task is which is to provide an excellent product/service and that's it. Rest take care of itself. Situations like this can take away focus.

I was in a similar situation just last week. But I didn't go into his account and remove the work. I said to myself that its fine, let him have it. Even though his actions messed up my completion rate and set me back what could be a month till level up to level 1.

Thank you for taking the time and suggestion, I will keep this in mind.

• Like 11
  • Up 2

Sorry to hear about your situation. We have all been there, trying to reason with an angry and unreasonable seller. The problem is that Fiverr has created a perfect environment for bullies (unfortunately Fiverr are themselves the worst bullies). What I mean by this is that us sellers have ZERO rights. The buyers can treat us anyway they want. Even if you bend backwards to comply with everything they want they can still treat you like an animal and get away with it. They know that the rating system is working on their behalf. They will always have that threat over you. I would liken to work as a seller on Fiverr as constantly working under the threat of a gun to your head. By a seller having a bad day, or by Fiverr staff themselves deciding to punish you. It does not matter if you deliver a high quality service or product, if the seller decides they want to take their anger out at you, they will be allowed, even encouraged. 

So in the end, if even if you cancel the order, the result will be in worst case that you worked for free, and even worse, you will be left a review, since its possible to leave a review for canceled orders (only possible for the buyer, not by the seller, go figure), leaving you with less or maybe no customers at all in the end. All you worked for, gone. At least Fiverr made some dollars. 

Edited by alexamolander
  • Like 10
  • Up 2

On 12/1/2023 at 3:52 PM, jabirahamed20 said:

I think, you can directly ask the support as you have mentioned all the things. And then ask them that in that case what you should do? I believe Fiverr support will give you the best suggestion and after that you may move forward like that way 🙂

This one's like a bet, I have had some really good feedback/replies from CS and some really poor ones. It's just like how we reply to new buyers on their queries, sometimes we take a lot of time chatting with a potential buyer and go into a lot of detail with passion, and sometimes not so much. Depends on the agents as well.

On 12/6/2023 at 12:08 AM, alexamolander said:

since its possible to leave a review for canceled orders (only possible for the buyer, not by the seller, go figure)

After an order has been canceled, the buyer can leave a review. How?

On 11/30/2023 at 11:29 PM, zamarr said:

my main concern is I will remove the work which I did throughout last year for him

This is indeed a tough thing to decide. I would say it is about work discipline. Just like a subscription is canceled after a buyer fails to resubscribe even though sometimes there is no running cost for the seller to keep the subscription, similarly you can decide whether you should pull the plug on this one.

• Like 9
  • Up 2

Just cancel the order.

No worry for cancelling

About your hard working project, don't touch it, remove it ..Keep it whatever it's.

You will get the best in future.

Be positive and confident.

You will do some best project im future indeed.

So go forward....

• Like 10
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, fahadtech said:

After an order has been canceled, the buyer can leave a review. How?

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/17120664805521-Reviews-for-canceled-orders-

Yes this is true. Angry customers can cancel their order, get their money back and then leave a review where they are allowed to lie and say anything they want about you. This happened to me, and the customer even handled all contact behind my back with Fiverr support, so orders can be canceled without your consent. The order was delivered and after this the customer never replied again, one week later the order was canceled, leaving me to have worked without payment for 3 weeks. The customer never even had to show any proof for his claims.  Then he continued to leave blatant lies in the review of the canceled order, which he did not pay for. 

So be aware. This is how Fiverr treats us sellers and unless we stand up for ourselves it will get worse.

Edited by alexamolander
  • Like 10
  • Up 2

17 hours ago, zamarr said:

yeah  it will  be worse for the seller at the end. 

Cancellation doesn't damage anything if you already have a high level of completed orders. I was very scared the first time as well. I delivered again and received a warning similar to the one you received. So, it's just fine; contact Fiverr to cancel your order, and nothing significant will happen. Even after canceling my order, my gig's reach remained the same, and I received a lot of orders afterward. So, don't worry about cancellations; many people are scared that if an order is canceled, they won't get any other orders, but that's not the case.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

20 hours ago, zamarr said:

yeah  it will  be worse for the seller at the end. 

You'll get your peace of mind after you get rid of him, though.

And if he leaves a review, you will be able to respond and tell your side of the story. It won't show up on his profile, but it will show on your gig page, and potential buyers will see that he was the unreasonable one refusing to close the order for an entire year.

For future reference: never let an order drag on like that.

• Like 12