Unresponsive buyer.

mrubaid820

Question

Hello there, Last week, I had a buyer who wanted subscriber badges for his trading company. I showed him some previews, and he really liked one of them. He placed an order and asked me to send the final version he had selected in the previews. However, when I started to send it, he said he wanted some changes and asked me to wait. It's been two days now, and I haven't received any response from him, The order has only 9 hours left, so in this situation, what would be better to do? Should I go ahead and deliver it to him or wait for the full 9 hours?

• Like 7

9 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

If this was my buyer, then I would provide him with the already finished version.
I would mention in the delivery that for you the project is finished, but he can ask for his changes through a revision.

Thanks for the quick response @filipdevaere, Absolutely, I was also thinking the same, that I should deliver it to him and tell him that whatever changes he wants, he can send them for revision, and I will incorporate those changes in the revision.

• Like 6

You could have asked him for a delivery extension when he asked to wait - or if you thought it would take quite a while for him to send it (eg. if it had been hours since he said to wait). You could check with CS.

eg. could it be risky if he's said to wait for his changes and you deliver it without waiting for the changes he said he's going to to tell you (ie. partial delivery or something like that), even though you said he could use the revision option.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5
  • Up 3

On 11/25/2023 at 2:38 PM, uk1000 said:

You could have asked him for a delivery extension when he asked to wait - or if you thought it would take quite a while for him to send it (eg. if it had been hours since he said to wait). You could check with CS.

eg. could it be risky if he's said to wait for his changes and you deliver it without waiting for the changes he said he's going to to tell you (ie. partial delivery or something like that), even though you said he could use the revision option.

Hello there, No response has been received from him until now. I delivered the final files to him and mentioned that, due to time constraints, I am delivering them to you. Whatever changes you want to make, you can send them to me as a revision, and I will take care of them. I just want to say, I'm happy to keep editing until you're fully satisfied.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mrubaid820 said:

today, the order has been automatically completed after 5 days.

If the buyer had said to wait and that he had changes but it's now been delivered and completed, maybe message the buyer in the inbox to say if he still needs changes to send them through the inbox, and you could deliver the changed version through the inbox.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

If the buyer had said to wait and that he had changes but it's now been delivered and completed, maybe message the buyer in the inbox to say if he still needs changes to send them through the inbox, and you could deliver the changed version through the inbox.

Yes, I have messaged him in the inbox that your order has been automatically completed. Whenever you come online, please send me the changes in the inbox, I am very happy to make the changes.  

• Like 6