Beware of Freelancer (******) Make Payment Outside of Fiverr

gavin_cjm

Hey everyone,

Just a heads up about a freelancer (******) you might want to be cautious with. He might suggest dealing outside of Fiverr and ask you to approve contract payment with promises of quick delivery. We contacted through discord where his username is (******). He outsource the project using upwork for the website using WordPress and hosted it on his local server. However, when I asked them to transfer ownership to my hosting, he vanished, and I haven't heard from him since. Be careful when working with freelancers who push for transactions outside of the platform.

• Like 8

It's against ToS to communicate outside of Fiverr. Never agree to someone suggesting you do that - even if you don't end up getting scammed, your Fiverr account will most likely get banned.

It's also against forum rules to post buyer/seller names. You're better off just reporting that person to Fiverr Support, given that they broke ToS when they suggested conducting business outside of Fiverr.

• Like 7

Hello mhallvo,

Well, I was ready to make a payment, but the freelancer sent me an invoice through my email from Upwork instead of Fiverr. He suggested a lower price because the commission on Upwork is supposedly lower, and I agreed, considering Upwork is another freelancing platform. However, I've come to realize that this freelancer is violating the rules of both platforms. He also insisting on receiving payment before delivering the project, even after I've already made the initial payment.

• Like 5

• milos_siena changed the title to Beware of Freelancer (******) Make Payment Outside of Fiverr