Decrease in gig ranking out of nowhere

markenbuilder

Question

I sent this to the Fiverr Support but since they never were of any help I am trying it in the forum now for the first time:

I want to start by mentioning that, of all the supports I have encountered over the years, Fiverr Support is by far the worst. Not even Amazon comes close. The only thing I ever receive is standard copy-and-paste text, which obviously does not help me since I am asking for HUMAN SUPPORT. So, I want my questions solved.

Now, for the fourth time, I am asking you a question. Although you can't tell me how the algorithm works in detail (which I understand), I demand an accurate reply about the possible reasons given the case I present to you right now. If the answer again is a copy-and-paste telling me to switch the content of my gig or any other BS, I will immediately file a complaint about this support.

My gig, which starts with the text: "Create iconic business names...", has been running great ever since I started using Fiverr. I was getting 1,500-2,000 impressions daily (organically!!!). However, after an incident where, since Fiverr does not have the feature for partial refunds, a client texted me his bank account, and I agreed to repay him partially, my account has been going downhill with almost no organic impressions anymore.

It could be that I received a bad private rating or the algorithm heavily focuses on TOS violations, but I have 51 ratings on this gig, of which 49 are 5.0, one is 4.3, and one is 4.0. And now, organically, my gig ranks below gigs that haven't even made a single sale. You must agree that this makes no sense. I had great sales in Germany, now zero. Actually, zero. This shows that your platform is just coded by people who certainly did not think through the entire process, because what happened to my account just shouldn't happen. This is bad for me, but even worse for Fiverr, as it makes your platform useless for long-term planning.

So, I want you to tell me the actual reasons why this happened. As mentioned, I don't want you to send me copy-and-paste text or tell me that I need to change my gig's text or images. It worked well for half a year, and after that incident of TOS violation, it got entirely deranked. So, answer me that question and what can be done to rank on top like I did for the past 5 months. This is truly a mistake from your platform. My service quality did not decline; it makes zero sense, even if I would have received a couple of bad reviews. I AM RANKED LOWER THAN GIGS WITH ZERO RATINGS!!!

####1.PNG

####2.PNG

• Like 25
  • Up 4

8 hours ago, theplaguelab said:

The same thing happened to me too, still waiting for my gigs to recover, I have waited almost 3 months, half way to go! 

Hi, I think there is no need to wait 3 or 6 months just share your gig on the social platform, and try to get just one new client, then for sure your gig will rank again, but I do not know what happened with buyer brief, I am waiting for some time, it did not come again, then for sure I will try to contact with CS with buyer brief issue...

• Like 9

14 hours ago, webdevelopers90 said:

Hi, I think there is no need to wait 3 or 6 months just share your gig on the social platform, and try to get just one new client, then for sure your gig will rank again, but I do not know what happened with buyer brief, I am waiting for some time, it did not come again, then for sure I will try to contact with CS with buyer brief issue...

Thank you, but I have some new clients and old clients during my de-ranked time, and none of my gigs are back to rank, any suggestions?

• Like 9

10 hours ago, theplaguelab said:

Thank you, but I have some new clients and old clients during my de-ranked time, and none of my gigs are back to rank, any suggestions?

In my suggestion the big problem with drinking is late delivery, whenever my order is late and marked is completed then my gig go back to one page or row ...

• Like 6

13 hours ago, webdevelopers90 said:

In my suggestion the big problem with drinking is late delivery, whenever my order is late and marked is completed then my gig go back to one page or row ...

I'm never deliver late order,still wondering why all my gigs are down for 3 months, any suggestion for me to get back?

• Like 7

On 11/11/2023 at 5:57 PM, markenbuilder said:

I sent this to the Fiverr Support but since they never were of any help I am trying it in the forum now for the first time:

I want to start by mentioning that, of all the supports I have encountered over the years, Fiverr Support is by far the worst. Not even Amazon comes close. The only thing I ever receive is standard copy-and-paste text, which obviously does not help me since I am asking for HUMAN SUPPORT. So, I want my questions solved.

Now, for the fourth time, I am asking you a question. Although you can't tell me how the algorithm works in detail (which I understand), I demand an accurate reply about the possible reasons given the case I present to you right now. If the answer again is a copy-and-paste telling me to switch the content of my gig or any other BS, I will immediately file a complaint about this support.

My gig, which starts with the text: "Create iconic business names...", has been running great ever since I started using Fiverr. I was getting 1,500-2,000 impressions daily (organically!!!). However, after an incident where, since Fiverr does not have the feature for partial refunds, a client texted me his bank account, and I agreed to repay him partially, my account has been going downhill with almost no organic impressions anymore.

It could be that I received a bad private rating or the algorithm heavily focuses on TOS violations, but I have 51 ratings on this gig, of which 49 are 5.0, one is 4.3, and one is 4.0. And now, organically, my gig ranks below gigs that haven't even made a single sale. You must agree that this makes no sense. I had great sales in Germany, now zero. Actually, zero. This shows that your platform is just coded by people who certainly did not think through the entire process, because what happened to my account just shouldn't happen. This is bad for me, but even worse for Fiverr, as it makes your platform useless for long-term planning.

So, I want you to tell me the actual reasons why this happened. As mentioned, I don't want you to send me copy-and-paste text or tell me that I need to change my gig's text or images. It worked well for half a year, and after that incident of TOS violation, it got entirely deranked. So, answer me that question and what can be done to rank on top like I did for the past 5 months. This is truly a mistake from your platform. My service quality did not decline; it makes zero sense, even if I would have received a couple of bad reviews. I AM RANKED LOWER THAN GIGS WITH ZERO RATINGS!!!

####1.PNG

####2.PNG

I agree that the Fiverr support is just awful and I remember 20-email exchanges before actually getting some reasonable info. I wonder if we even have any voice as sellers (to me it seems not) or if there are some avenues how we can start voicing our concerns, because as you said, with this current state of things, why we should our full focus into a platform that does not take our voices in consideration?

If anybody knows what could be done to raise our voice collectively, Id love to hear that.

• Like 7

On 12/8/2023 at 5:57 AM, theplaguelab said:

I'm never deliver late order,still wondering why all my gigs are down for 3 months, any suggestion for me to get back?

In my opinion, our ranking on a client's search query is influenced by a myriad of factors. I.e. it is not only the timely delivery of the ordered service, the received feedback and the received hidden feedback, the number of likes on Gig also plays a big role. And the number of new orders during some period, perhaps the system even takes into account whether customers are new to the platform, then their reviews should be evaluated even higher than permanent. I don't know if that's the case, but it's possible. And with a new customer, there's a higher chance of either not getting a review at all, or getting a bad hidden review by mistake. Especially if the client doesn't understand the importance and generally orders for the first and only time, simply because he doesn't need it at all on a regular basis.

And if during 3 months you get only excellent marks, but someone does not leave you the same hidden feedback, it will already lower you in the rendition. And there are also young accounts, which the platform also tries to raise higher, for greater visibility. So, the algorithms can just forcibly move you to the "far shelf" to simply give more opportunities to young services.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, egirin said:

In my opinion, our ranking on a client's search query is influenced by a myriad of factors. I.e. it is not only the timely delivery of the ordered service, the received feedback and the received hidden feedback, the number of likes on Gig also plays a big role. And the number of new orders during some period, perhaps the system even takes into account whether customers are new to the platform, then their reviews should be evaluated even higher than permanent. I don't know if that's the case, but it's possible. And with a new customer, there's a higher chance of either not getting a review at all, or getting a bad hidden review by mistake. Especially if the client doesn't understand the importance and generally orders for the first and only time, simply because he doesn't need it at all on a regular basis.

And if during 3 months you get only excellent marks, but someone does not leave you the same hidden feedback, it will already lower you in the rendition. And there are also young accounts, which the platform also tries to raise higher, for greater visibility. So, the algorithms can just forcibly move you to the "far shelf" to simply give more opportunities to young services.

I'm a level 2 seller, with over200 reviews, nearly 1k likes for one gig, how do I re-rank my gigs again?

I don't know what exactly happened to my account, suddenly all my gigs are down, for now, they is down for 3 months.

Edited by theplaguelab
  • Like 7

On 12/10/2023 at 6:07 AM, theplaguelab said:

I'm a level 2 seller, with over200 reviews, nearly 1k likes for one gig, how do I re-rank my gigs again?

I don't know what exactly happened to my account, suddenly all my gigs are down, for now, they is down for 3 months.

As I said, you can't be on the first page all the time, eventually, if you don't get an order, or for other reasons, the algorithm will move you further away.

Last month a rating of 4.7 on one of your orders. - This means your personal rating will be slightly lower than those who had a 5 star rating in the last 3-6 months. If the customer didn't leave a hidden review or it wasn't positive, it's the same thing - you'll be moved  and your Impressions will be lowered. Nothing personal, just statistics, harsh and ruthless maths.🥲

And don't forget the seasonality of many services.

I've found that with the advent of AI, I'm being commissioned less illustrations in general. Now it's fashionable to use neurogeneration, even if they are crooked, not logical, and whoever writes promt can't draw at all.
And my service loses to the one with more hearts. Or a cheaper and faster service. It all makes me sad. 😅

But this means that not all artists will be able to remain freelancers. Some will have to find other work. And I'm very close to that.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, egirin said:

As I said, you can't be on the first page all the time, eventually, if you don't get an order, or for other reasons, the algorithm will move you further away.

Last month a rating of 4.7 on one of your orders. - This means your personal rating will be slightly lower than those who had a 5 star rating in the last 3-6 months. If the customer didn't leave a hidden review or it wasn't positive, it's the same thing - you'll be moved  and your Impressions will be lowered. Nothing personal, just statistics, harsh and ruthless maths.🥲

And don't forget the seasonality of many services.

I've found that with the advent of AI, I'm being commissioned less illustrations in general. Now it's fashionable to use neurogeneration, even if they are crooked, not logical, and whoever writes promt can't draw at all.
And my service loses to the one with more hearts. Or a cheaper and faster service. It all makes me sad. 😅

But this means that not all artists will be able to remain freelancers. Some will have to find other work. And I'm very close to that.

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated, but is it normal to not even be on the search list(not searchable). 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, theplaguelab said:

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated, but is it normal to not even be on the search list(not searchable). 

It's hard to say. We are not told all the nuances of how the algorithms work.
How exactly do you search for your services?
I usually select the incognito tab. And then I search by keywords, word combinations from the gig name..... And I almost always find...
But you have to remember that clients may search by other words or may not know what the service they need is called at all and search through a general category. And there only 20 pages can be shown, it's about 1040 services, and in the declared topic gigs for example 40 thousand. You simply may not be included in this selection for one reason or another.

Edited by egirin
  • Like 6