Decrease in gig ranking out of nowhere

markenbuilder

Question

I sent this to the Fiverr Support but since they never were of any help I am trying it in the forum now for the first time:

I want to start by mentioning that, of all the supports I have encountered over the years, Fiverr Support is by far the worst. Not even Amazon comes close. The only thing I ever receive is standard copy-and-paste text, which obviously does not help me since I am asking for HUMAN SUPPORT. So, I want my questions solved.

Now, for the fourth time, I am asking you a question. Although you can't tell me how the algorithm works in detail (which I understand), I demand an accurate reply about the possible reasons given the case I present to you right now. If the answer again is a copy-and-paste telling me to switch the content of my gig or any other BS, I will immediately file a complaint about this support.

My gig, which starts with the text: "Create iconic business names...", has been running great ever since I started using Fiverr. I was getting 1,500-2,000 impressions daily (organically!!!). However, after an incident where, since Fiverr does not have the feature for partial refunds, a client texted me his bank account, and I agreed to repay him partially, my account has been going downhill with almost no organic impressions anymore.

It could be that I received a bad private rating or the algorithm heavily focuses on TOS violations, but I have 51 ratings on this gig, of which 49 are 5.0, one is 4.3, and one is 4.0. And now, organically, my gig ranks below gigs that haven't even made a single sale. You must agree that this makes no sense. I had great sales in Germany, now zero. Actually, zero. This shows that your platform is just coded by people who certainly did not think through the entire process, because what happened to my account just shouldn't happen. This is bad for me, but even worse for Fiverr, as it makes your platform useless for long-term planning.

So, I want you to tell me the actual reasons why this happened. As mentioned, I don't want you to send me copy-and-paste text or tell me that I need to change my gig's text or images. It worked well for half a year, and after that incident of TOS violation, it got entirely deranked. So, answer me that question and what can be done to rank on top like I did for the past 5 months. This is truly a mistake from your platform. My service quality did not decline; it makes zero sense, even if I would have received a couple of bad reviews. I AM RANKED LOWER THAN GIGS WITH ZERO RATINGS!!!

####1.PNG

####2.PNG

• Like 25
  • Up 4

1 hour ago, markenbuilder said:

However, after an incident where, since Fiverr does not have the feature for partial refunds, a client texted me his bank account, and I agreed to repay him partially, my account has been going downhill with almost no organic impressions anymore.

You do realize any payments made outside the platform can get you banned right?

1 hour ago, markenbuilder said:

It could be that I received a bad private rating or the algorithm heavily focuses on TOS violations, but I have 51 ratings on this gig, of which 49 are 5.0, one is 4.3, and one is 4.0. And now, organically, my gig ranks below gigs that haven't even made a single sale. You must agree that this makes no sense.

It makes a lot of sense. Because private reviews and your performance in general is taken into account for the past 2 to 6 months. So a bad private review out of 10-15 orders you had over the past couple of months, that hurts your account a lot. I had a similar issue and was sent to the "doghouse" for around 6 months. I could say the same thing, I have over 11k reviews on my main gig and over 30k orders over the years. That doesn't matter. What matters is the performance you had over the past few months. And 1 bad private review from 100 in 2 months is bad, you can only imagine the weight one bad review has over the past 2 months. And keep in mind that not all people leave a private review. So, you might have just one bad private review and one good private review, who knows. Unfortunately these things are kept a secret. 

• Like 24
  • Up 5

18 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

It makes a lot of sense. Because private reviews and your performance in general is taken into account for the past 2 to 6 months. So a bad private review out of 10-15 orders you had over the past couple of months, that hurts your account a lot. I had a similar issue and was sent to the "doghouse" for around 6 months. I could say the same thing, I have over 11k reviews on my main gig and over 30k orders over the years. That doesn't matter. What matters is the performance you had over the past few months. And 1 bad private review from 100 in 2 months is bad, you can only imagine the weight one bad review has over the past 2 months. And keep in mind that not all people leave a private review. So, you might have just one bad private review and one good private review, who knows. Unfortunately these things are kept a secret. 

Seriously? Same things are happening to me from almost 1.5 years. After 8 months, I got an order from a previous client. She was happy but didn't leave any rating.No new message/orders from a long, long time. If we can't a new order, how can we impress the client with our top-notch services ?

• Like 15
  • Up 3

9 hours ago, designhub777 said:

If we can't get new orders, how can we impress the client with our top-notch services ?

That's so true, I've been facing the same problem for 2 months. How can I have an order from Fiverr since my gigs are not even on the search page, if I could just get clients outside of Fiverr, why bother using this platform? ( not saying Fiverr is a bad place, I do need this platform for me to get more clients)

• Like 15

22 hours ago, designhub777 said:

Without getting opportunity, (if they don't push our gig in somewhere to get order) there is no way to improve the circumstance as well. As a result, the final output is as the same as before.

Just had to wait 3-6 months for it to recover, I still got previous clients and they all left positive reviews, still didn't help.

• Like 13
  • Sad 2

You mentioned it makes sense. No it does not. I figured it out myself that it must be due to a bad private review. But this is just total BS. You explain it like it makes any sense to be deranked after one bad private review. This is ridiculous - just shows yet again that Fiverr doesn't know what they are doing. The entire platform is completely broke 

• Like 10

8 hours ago, markenbuilder said:

From where does this metric come that you have to wait for that long? 3-6 months?

From the people who created the Fiverr algorithm. I had the sad experience of having a slow six months after having two challenging buyers in a row at the end of February 2023. Neither left a public review, but it took until July for my business to rebound. 

• Like 10
  • Up 1

It happened to me too, One of my regular clients asked for me to do AI-generated image cleaning in Adobe Photoshop, and I almost did five to six revisions and cleaned it, he approved it and was happy, but later he asked me to vector this image, so I said to him, how it is possible to trace AI-Generated Image to vector, and you have not asked for any tracing just asked to remove the outline and clean, so he said that now I need it to vector...

So lately they gave me 2-star feedback, without reason, and maybe private feedback..

So how does one Private feedback affect my 6K Plus five-star rating, and almost 12k plus order, so the cause of this feedback was my gig was deranged, and almost no new clients, also not getting orders or Buyer briefs (first, I was getting 5 to 8 daily brief)...

Edited by webdevelopers90
  • Like 11
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, webdevelopers90 said:

So how does one Private feedback affect my 6K Plus five-star rating, and almost 12k plus order,

It doesn't matter how many reviews you have, or how many orders. Fiverr tracks the past few months to check your performance. You could have 1000000 reviews and lately you are slacking and randomly delivering stuff, because people rely on you. Obviously in order to keep things fair, Fiverr will track the performance for everyone and that way it's a level playing field for everyone no matter how many reviews they have. Otherwise we would always be at the top and people with 10-15 reviews would have 0 chances of getting orders. So I get that. 

The problem is whenever private feedback is negative, and maybe the main concern for me is that a lot of people leave random private reviews without caring. That's a problem because those reviews are obviously impacting our livelihood. Not to mention many people don't leave private reviews and most of those that do tend to leave a negative one. That's why a lot of people see a huge drop in impressions, because they barely had private reviews, and when one dropped it was not positive.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

It doesn't matter how many reviews you have, or how many orders. Fiverr tracks the past few months to check your performance. You could have 1000000 reviews and lately you are slacking and randomly delivering stuff, because people rely on you. Obviously in order to keep things fair, Fiverr will track the performance for everyone and that way it's a level playing field for everyone no matter how many reviews they have. Otherwise we would always be at the top and people with 10-15 reviews would have 0 chances of getting orders. So I get that. 

The problem is whenever private feedback is negative, and maybe the main concern for me is that a lot of people leave random private reviews without caring. That's a problem because those reviews are obviously impacting our livelihood. Not to mention many people don't leave private reviews and most of those that do tend to leave a negative one. That's why a lot of people see a huge drop in impressions, because they barely had private reviews, and when one dropped it was not positive.

@donnovan86 You have cleared so many things beautifully, man. So, the matter is always giving our 110% to our valuable client to get tremendous feedback (if they are willing so) to maintain the level of getting new orders as well.

• Like 9

On 12/2/2023 at 1:40 AM, donnovan86 said:

What are you even talking about... I am listed below gigs with 0 reviews ... the algo is just pure garbage, you can lower the listing sure, but not to the very last place.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, markenbuilder said:

What are you even talking about... I am listed below gigs with 0 reviews ... the algo is just pure garbage, you can lower the listing sure, but not to the very last place.

It's not. I have over 11k reviews on my main gig and I am not listed as the first in search. The number of reviews doesn't matter, just your performance within the past 2 months. And if someone left you a bad private review, which I think might be the case, obviously you are listed under people with 0 reviews, because their performance is better than yours. They are not affected by a bad private review, you are. I encourage you to learn more about private reviews. As my Fiverr success manager said, a lot of people leave great public reviews, but when they are asked to leave a private review, they sometime tend to leave a bad review, some even do that by mistake. Regardless, I had the same issue for months until things bounced back, so it will take a while to get back. 

• Like 13

On 12/2/2023 at 6:55 AM, webdevelopers90 said:

It happened to me too, One of my regular clients asked for me to do AI-generated image cleaning in Adobe Photoshop, and I almost did five to six revisions and cleaned it, he approved it and was happy, but later he asked me to vector this image, so I said to him, how it is possible to trace AI-Generated Image to vector, and you have not asked for any tracing just asked to remove the outline and clean, so he said that now I need it to vector...

So lately they gave me 2-star feedback, without reason, and maybe private feedback..

So how does one Private feedback affect my 6K Plus five-star rating, and almost 12k plus order, so the cause of this feedback was my gig was deranged, and almost no new clients, also not getting orders or Buyer briefs (first, I was getting 5 to 8 daily brief)...

The same thing happened to me too, still waiting for my gigs to recover, I have waited almost 3 months, half way to go! 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

On 12/2/2023 at 5:12 PM, designhub777 said:

@donnovan86 You have cleared so many things beautifully, man. So, the matter is always giving our 110% to our valuable client to get tremendous feedback (if they are willing so) to maintain the level of getting new orders as well.

But if you faced the same thing like @webdevelopers90 sadly, nothing you can do about that.

• Like 8