Which way is better? One package or three packages?

oymusafir

Question

Which option is best when setting up a gig: just giving the final price in one place, or creating three packages? I believe that providing one price attracts more buyers to make a purchase. We can discuss additional help and send a custom offer when we chat or meet. What do you guys think? any tip for me?

• Like 18

12 answers to this question

3 packages seems to be better - they seem to get more reviews at the same price.

But it gives the seller more options and the buyer (eg. for more prices and different amounts of work).

Though it's not needed in categories like the voice over (I don't think there's an option for it there) where there's a box for the number of words (and writing gigs where it can have that box too but also have packages) that it's priced by.

I thought Fiverr wrote somewhere that it's usually better to use packages too.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 13

Whether to offer a single price or create multiple packages depends on your service, audience, and goals. A single price offers simplicity and quick purchases, while multiple packages allow customization, upselling, and value demonstration.

Knowing your audience, researching competitors, testing, and open communication are key to making the right choice. In many cases, offering multiple packages can be advantageous, but it's essential to align your strategy with your specific circumstances and customer preferences.

• Like 12
  • Up 1

One package suits sellers who offer a single service and want to keep things simple. It makes it easier for the buyers to understand the service and its cost. A single package makes it easier for the seller to manage the orders and deliverables.

On the other hand, having three packages can provide different options to buyers with varying prices and deliverables. This approach can help in attracting different types of buyers. The seller can also offer some exclusive features in the premium package, which may encourage buyers to upgrade

• Like 11

11 hours ago, uk1000 said:

I thought Fiverr wrote somewhere that it's usually better to use packages too.

The problem jump in when they get confused and buy basic and asking for premium help. in that case we got alot of problems like if you don't provide they can give bad review we can got into danger.

• Like 11
  • Up 1

6 hours ago, oymusafir said:

The problem jump in when they get confused and buy basic and asking for premium help

You could try explaining that to them and maybe adding an extra on the order that they can choose to upgrade it to what was in the premium package if they want the features in that.

6 hours ago, oymusafir said:

in that case we got alot of problems like if you don't provide they can give bad review we can got into danger.

It might be best to try and stand your ground while also being reasonable. You want to keep them happy, especially if you only have a few reviews but also not let them take advantage. So you could explain the limitations of the package to them, maybe offer to add the extra to upgrade it or maybe offer to add it at a reduced price just that once.

You could check on the forum for other suggestions on what to do if they do that, or contact CS about the order to get their advice.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Not sure how trustworthy Youtubers are, but the consensus seems to be that it's better to offer packages. The reasoning behind this is that there must be a reason why Fiverr gives you that option... so you better take it. I'm talking about Youtubers who've had (and some still have) a reasonable amount of success on Fiverr but not sure if it's OK to name names.

• Like 4