Order not delivered and seller is not responding

alisonsmakin

I'm looking for advice as this has never happened before in the 8 years I've been a buyer.

Last Thursday I sent a spreadsheet to a seller for pre-approval requesting English to Polish translations. I asked him to review the document and confirm that he could do the translations of just over 2000 words. He agreed, so I placed the order for a 2 day turnaround. He delivered 2 days later as agreed, except I didn't check it until Monday and found it was my original spreadsheet with no Polish translations. I asked for a Revision Request and he said he would send me the correct document. Since then I've had no reply to the 5 messages I've sent asking when (and if) I can expect to receive the translations, including the message through the Resolution Center. It's now 4 days late and I can't complete my project without it.

Screenshot below of the order and messages, I've tried to be patient as we all have bad days, but I'm at a loss now.  Any advice on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

• Like 11

34 minutes ago, yourbrandingpal said:

Sorry to hear about the bad experience, if I were you, I'd simply contact support by sending an email to support@fiverr.com and ask them to cancel the order and issue a full refund since the seller hasn't delivered the translation work (as promised) and isn't responsive either.

Thanks for your reply 🙂 Do you know if a full refund is issued including the Fiverr fee? I'd also like to leave a review on his profile but don't know if that is an option on a cancelled order.

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, alisonsmakin said:

Thanks for your reply 🙂 Do you know if a full refund is issued including the Fiverr fee? I'd also like to leave a review on his profile but don't know if that is an option on a cancelled order.

Well, I don't think they refund the Fiverr fee, since it's transaction processing fee so far as I know, you might want to ask the customer support though i.e. if they'd refund the fee as well. 

Fiverr also introduced an update recently where you can leave a review on cancelled orders, so that should be possible. 

Here's a link that might help you understand refunds better: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049910953-Refunds-#h_01GGZA1MQDQJNNMZXEGXRH208Z

And here's the link pertaining to leaving reviews on cancelled orders: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/17120664805521-Reviews-for-canceled-orders-#:~:text=If a canceled order is,business in a positive way.

You might want to take help from the customer support for any other questions you may have or if you need further clarification on refunds, fees, leaving reviews on cancelled orders etc. 

• Like 12

43 minutes ago, yourbrandingpal said:

Well, I don't think they refund the Fiverr fee, since it's transaction processing fee so far as I know, you might want to ask the customer support though i.e. if they'd refund the fee as well. 

Fiverr also introduced an update recently where you can leave a review on cancelled orders, so that should be possible. 

Here's a link that might help you understand refunds better: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049910953-Refunds-#h_01GGZA1MQDQJNNMZXEGXRH208Z

And here's the link pertaining to leaving reviews on cancelled orders: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/17120664805521-Reviews-for-canceled-orders-#:~:text=If a canceled order is,business in a positive way.

You might want to take help from the customer support for any other questions you may have or if you need further clarification on refunds, fees, leaving reviews on cancelled orders etc. 

That's great info, thanks for your help 😍

• Like 10

Update:

I've sent an email to Support and am waiting for them to get back to me. In the meantime, the messaging has been updated by fiverr.

I'm not sure what the point of having a Resolution Center is if it's automatically withdrawn because the seller didn't respond to it within 48 hours 🤷‍♀️

• Like 7

I'm happy the order was canceled. It's never okay for a seller to try to cheat a buyer like yours did. In the future, you should probably choose a seller with higher prices. If somebody is still selling translations at $5 per 1000 words after gaining 100 reviews on Fiverr, there's usually something fishy going on. Not always, though. There are some sellers who keep their prices low, but translating 1000 words for $5 is a crazy amount of work for basically nothing, and it's something you'd usually see a completely new seller do to get his or her first reviews - not a Level 2 seller. 

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 8
  • Up 3