Why buyers do not answer?

zamanca

Question

8 answers to this question

@zamanca  When a buyer contacts you, in all likelihood they have also contacted 5, maybe 10 other freelancers.  Most of the time the buyers will go by your metrics (What your stats say) and how you come across (Your personal skills)  If any 'red flags' are identified they will avoid you and go with someone else.  

This is the nature of business. A customer can choose from 1000s of freelancers, and it's their choice if they want to shop elsewhere. 

If you find that this is happening often then you will need to look at the way you're engaging with buyers and adapt accordingly. 

• Like 6
  • Up 1

1. The buyer sends the same message to many sellers at the same time and does not continue the conversation with all the sellers to confirm the order. In this case, those who respond earlier have a higher  chance to get order.
  2.  Sometimes buyers get busy with other work after messaging sellers.
  3. Sometime there are some fake buyers who send massage and then don't reply to seller.
  • Like 5

I can speak from personal experiences of buying services on fiverr myself: I sometimes just forget to answer even though I try to get back to everyone. But as the other's say: it's because mostly several people are contacted at the same time.

It also depends on how the seller reacts to me... when I get 5 single messages "Hi" "How are you?" "Okay we can do" etc and then asking why I don't answer or what the current status is.. then it's very annoying and I wont work with that seller cause it comes off as unprofessional for me.

• Like 5