There Really Is A Science To This Platform, Isn't There?

looseink

So...

I have optimized my gigs. I've added some new ones. I've tweaked keywords and other stuff.

While I'm still seeing barely any impressions (ranging from 5 to 20 per gig, per day) I am getting a lot of clicks. 

Still not seeing the conversions, but I'm encouraged by the high percentage of clicks (18 out of 1,013 impressions over the last 7 day period).

For me, those are good stats compared to what I've been getting in the past.

Are you seeing an increase in impressions, clicks, and conversions over the past few months?

• Like 18

What I always notice is the following:
For example, if I don't get any new orders for a week, the impressions and clicks start to drop. As soon as I get orders in again, they go back up. This proves to me that it's all about “profit”. The more orders you get, the higher Fiverr will push you in search results. Profit is what Fiverr wants and I think this is normal. Every business strives to make a profit.
Another thing that strikes me is that if, for example, I deliver several orders in a short time, the impressions and clicks get a small boost.

• Like 20
  • Up 5

Guest amethystblac_

I find stats vary greatly. However, I have been investing a lot of time researching the details of Fiverr SEO as of late, and have changed keywords multiple times. It doesn't mean much in direct relation to your question, as this is a new account.

1 hour ago, filipdevaere said:

I check this every day after my lunch. All data is collected in an Excell file. 

Yah, since joining the Seller Plus program, I get additional analytics that show performance stats. Essentially, it breaks down daily impressions and daily clicks. It shows trends and stuff like that. I am like you, I'll check my numbers daily where as before I joined SP, it didn't seem to matter as I wasn't trying to get steady business here as I was busy with other sources.

• Like 15
  • Up 1

13 hours ago, amethystblac_ said:

I find stats vary greatly. However, I have been investing a lot of time researching the details of Fiverr SEO as of late, and have changed keywords multiple times. It doesn't mean much in direct relation to your question, as this is a new account.

You may be interested in this post and its replies. 

• Like 9
  • Up 1

From what I have seen and read so far in my 55 odd days as a seller here at fiverr, indeed you are right , there is an algorithm in place , once people start getting orders and getting good reviews, there is indeed a steam of orders that come and that is why so many sellers are doing so well and share their success stories so very often…..

On the other hand as there is no vetting process for sellers at fiverr, hence I believe new sellers are thrown at the deep end as there are already so many good sellers in each niche, so for new sellers its really hard even if they provide services like iPhone, apple watch app development services at highly competitive prices, they just have to wait it out …

However this should not be discouraging as all freelancer platforms have some pros and cons , even when we work at companies, we feel we should have been promoted or given a better raise , the only thing is what will click is a matter of continuous study and tweaks as a new seller…

For the sellers who are doing well , I believe the best option would to leave things the way they are, as so many posts suggest even a small change in gig results in their services getting de ranked or less orders etc..

I get 3 impression each day on average since signing up as seller , so you are not doing bad at all ...

May there is even more to it and hence more patience is needed 

Edited by seoswiftcreate
  • Like 9

Guest amethystblac_
15 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

You may be interested in this post and its replies. 

Thanks for the heads up. That's the theory I began with; I gave it plenty of time and got low visibility and no clicks. I tried different keywords too. What worked so well for him did not work for me. Maybe because I am new here, or maybe there's another interfering factor. I had to try something else. Once I have some sales, I will try it again, as it appears to make sense. 

Edited by amethystblac_

Not sure if Fiverr changed something again in the past months but seems like some of the harsh implementations that were setting accounts back (private reviews, usual analytics decrease) are a bit less strict, as revamps seem to be happening quicker than before. It could be only my impression but I didn't see any new communications on new updates to that-

• Like 3