What mistakes have I made?

serena123serena

Hello there, Take out some time and read these articles, by reading these articles you will come to know yourself. @frank_d wrote several articles to help sellers understand how Fiverr works so that they can use that knowledge to help them increase sales. You can read the articles here:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/243824-welcome-to-fiverr-30/

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/278118-fiverr-30-revisited-aka-fiverr-31/

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/300818-fiverr-40-some-thoughts-on-the-current-state-of-things/

• Like 12

Maybe reword "following are the services I provided" eg. it doesn't have to be in the past tense

and where you list each service (Excel Data entry etc.) maybe they could be in bullets.

In your premium package description you say "I'll perform endless web research and data scraping". Saying you'll do "endless" research and scraping is probably a bad idea. I'd be more specific. eg. if someone asked you to scrape a billion web pages you'd probably say you couldn't do that in that package but your package says "endless". In the packages or in the description you could state any limitations (eg. is there a certain word count for research that you'll write or a maximum number of pages scraped for each package?).

In the FAQ it says "How long have you been offering data entry service" but there's no question mark and in the answer it says that you will begin your data entry career in 2020. Since the "I will" bit is saying what you will do in the future and 2020 is in the past that answer could be changed. eg. you could say the number of years you've been offering the service (if you still wanted to have that question).

You could add other FAQs for other questions they might want to ask (eg. you could say in one what sort of data mining you offer).

• Like 14

11 hours ago, serena123serena said:

Hello, I'm Serena, a freelance data entry worker. Can you help me identify my mistakes and guide me on my way? 

https://www.fiverr.com/s/lzKyNy

Your gig category is a very high-competition category that's the main reason you are not getting orders! Please try to learn new skills to get wealthy orders.

Happy Journey

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, amolgigs said:

You just have one gig. I would suggest you create multiple gigs

This is perhaps the worst advice you could give. If seller cannot get success with even one gig, why will additional flawed gigs yield results?  Business school 101 teaches that line extension only comes after very successful products are launched. You are actually suggesting cloning failure as a solution?  Wow. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 10
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, newsmike said:

This is perhaps the worst advice you could give. If seller cannot get success with even one gig, why will additional flawed gigs yield results?  Business school 101 teaches that line extension only come after very successful products are launched. You are actually suggesting cloning failure as a solution?  Wow. 

Sir, she is a new seller without any sales. How can you call her situation a failure?

I will stick to my point - having multiple gigs will increase her chance of getting sales and I haven't suggested her to create the same gig multiple times. She wants to work as a data entry operator. If you scroll through the data entry section you will find gigs she can replicate or get inspiration form , such as 1] Virtual assistant 2] Pdf to excel 3] copy data from web to excel 4] Data formatting 5] Web site data entry and many more    

• Like 10
  • Up 2

There is a lot of competition for your gig. That is why you are not getting an order.
Data entry is a task that doesn't typically require specialized skills or extensive training. 
It only involves basic computer skills, attention to detail, and the ability to follow the instructions of the buyer. Many people offer data entry services without needing advanced qualifications. So why should a buyer choose your gig? There are almost 71000 similar gigs on Fiverr.

image.png.a39da9909d890def4e01af2ae8b0d3c7.png

• Like 14
  • Up 1

14 minutes ago, amolgigs said:

Sir, she is a new seller without any sales. How can you call her situation a failure?

So you are suggesting that it is a success?  Clearly her gig is failing and just looking at it there are multiple things that need to be fixed. Why instead of helping her get her first gig working, would you suggest that simply making the same mistakes 6 more times will work?  That's ridiculous. 

14 minutes ago, amolgigs said:

having multiple gigs will increase her chance of getting sales

Do you just make things up for fun?  If she wrote saying, "I have a restaurant that is failing, please help."  Your advice would be to open 6 more restaurants?  That is perhaps the silliest advice ever. Why not fix the first one? Then proceed, unless 7 failed gigs is what you are driving at.

Unrelated, but curious, how do you support a 4 person team on a couple hundred $30 sales over 12 years? That's $187 per year, per person. People actually do the math. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 11

22 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

So why should a buyer choose your gig?

This is never even considered. Every day, all day long we see the equivalent of , "I'm here, where's my money?" Without the slightest thought to the competitive nature of the site and the success of the people who came earlier and offer top notch services. The expectation is that Fiverr is a cash Pez dispenser. 

• Like 11

On 8/26/2023 at 10:18 AM, newsmike said:

This is never even considered. Every day, all day long we see the equivalent of , "I'm here, where's my money?" Without the slightest thought to the competitive nature of the site and the success of the people who came earlier and offer top notch services. The expectation is that Fiverr is a cash Pez dispenser. 

On 8/26/2023 at 10:01 AM, newsmike said:

So you are suggesting that it is a success?  Clearly her gig is failing and just looking at it there are multiple things that need to be fixed. Why instead of helping her get her first gig working, would you suggest that simply making the same mistakes 6 more times will work?  That's ridiculous. 

Do you just make things up for fun?  If she wrote saying, "I have a restaurant that is failing, please help."  Your advice would be to open 6 more restaurants?  That is perhaps the silliest advice ever. Why not fix the first one? Then proceed, unless 7 failed gigs is what you are driving at.

Unrelated, but curious, how do you support a 4 person team on a couple hundred $30 sales over 12 years? That's $187 per year, per person. People actually do the math. 

Hey Newsmike, thanks for paying such close attention and finding my problem solution. Now it's my turn to see what I can do to help my own single restaurant and try to get my first order. 

• Like 6

Your main gig image has more text than Fiverr recommends.

See: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410883326481-Gig-image-guidelines-Making-the-most-of-your-Gig-image

2. Keep any text overlay concise and visually easy to read.
Less is more, especially when a picture is already worth 1,000 words.
If you want to add a text overlay, we recommend you use up to 10 words total—and keep in mind that using different words is more effective than repeating your title.

They recommend up to 10 words total in it and that it is "visually easy to read" - your text might not all be that easy to read from the profile/search results page. Also I don't think you need to put "I will never harm you" in your gig image. It doesn't sound right.

In your FAQ you still say "In 2020, I will begin my freelance data entering career. ". That's talking about the future with "I will" but 2020 is 3 years ago.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6

On 8/26/2023 at 10:31 AM, newsmike said:

Thanks for visiting my profile.I started on Fiverr 12 years ago. Now the profile is only active for my old clients on Fiverr. I have a web development agency and we provide a monthly site maintenance service for a decent number of clients.What do you think of the repeat orders I have ?

Screenshot.png

• Like 4

Some of the text on your main gig image might still be a bit too small to be read easily on the profile/search results pages.

You main gig image says "webiste" - I'd change that.
Maybe "Data Formating" in that image could be changed too.

Your second gig image says "Documentataion" - I'd change that

Your 2nd gig image says "24 (on a clock) and "delivery" (which I assume means 24 hour delivery, but all your packages have  a 3 day delivery, not 24 hours.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3