Suggestion: Simplifying Fiverr Pro application

I recently put through a Fiverr Pro application. I’ve been putting it off for a few years because I’ve been so busy. I had a small drop in orders and thought I’d use the opportunity to finally put in the application. I’m hoping I get approved soon. (Cross your fingers for me, everyone 😉)

Anyway, as I was completing the application, it occurred to me that almost everything I was submitting was basically represented in new(ish) features on the profile page –  portfolio, top clients, intro video to name a few.

So, it would be great if a seller could simply submit their profile in place of the lengthy application form. The form could still include spaces to add more context if needed, but in many cases I was just submitting things I’ve already got on my profile. It seemed a little unnecessary and repetitive.

If I’d been able to just submit my profile, complete with a portfolio, top clients, intro video, ratings and more, it would have been much faster process.

Another advantage would be that this would encourage people to make their profiles more complete, thus improving a buyer’s ability to make an informed decision about whether to order from them.

I know Pro is rumoured to be changing soon and this might already be Fiverr’s plan. It could even possibly be part of the reason for introducing all these new features recently. Who knows. If it’s not the plan, it might be worth considering.

• Like 6

I totally agree with you.

In addition, what I want for the pro application is to see and know the progress of the application.

I have submited my application 2 times now. For the 1st one (I think it's in 2021), they said that they missed it and they couldn't have time to look at it. The 2nd one was submitted in January. But until now, no information about it.

Edited by michmikaia
Missing comments
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, michmikaia said:

In addition, what I want for the pro application is to see and know the progress of the application.

Well there are many applications and you either get in or you don't after they see it, once they check the application the reply is pretty quick.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Well there are many applications and you either get in or you don't after they see it, once they check the application the reply is pretty quick.

Hope so.

But they said that they will prioritize my 2nd one. I don't know how long it will take as it's almost 6 months.

Screenshot_20230730_200213.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, michmikaia said:

I totally agree with you.

I have submited my application 2 times now. For the 1st one (I think it's in 2021), they said that they missed it and they couldn't have time to look at it. The 2nd one was submitted in January. But until now, no information about it.

I’m sorry to hear this. Makes me wonder if I’ll hear anything back. I’d hope to hear something, even if it’s a no.

A progress indicator would be a good way to know how it’s going.

Edited by charlsmcfarlane
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

I’m sorry to hear this. Makes me wonder if I’ll hear anything back. I’d hope to hear something, even if it’s a no.

You will but it always takes months.

The progress indicator would be useless because it would show the same thing for months. With this application, you just wait and they will email you if you're in or not. A progress indicator would make sense if things take place fast... here it's not the case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While the application can be a bit weird (like forcing you to enter social media even if it isn't a requirement) and is very repetitive given that you already have a Fiverr profile up, I believe the application form is made a bit complicated on purpose. You should spend time on your application. You should be willing to put in the extra effort. Sending your profile would be like sending the same CV to dozens of companies, hoping to get a job. Making a custom video CV with elegant attachments and writing it for that specific job is much more likely to get you an interview. Same thing here. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

You will but it always takes months.

The progress indicator would be useless because it would show the same thing for months. With this application, you just wait and they will email you if you're in or not. A progress indicator would make sense if things take place fast... here it's not the case.

Fair enough. Well, luckily I have enough orders to keep me going for now, so hopefully it won't make much difference in the short term.

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

While the application can be a bit weird (like forcing you to enter social media even if it isn't a requirement) and is very repetitive given that you already have a Fiverr profile up, I believe the application form is made a bit complicated on purpose. You should spend time on your application. You should be willing to put in the extra effort. Sending your profile would be like sending the same CV to dozens of companies, hoping to get a job. Making a custom video CV with elegant attachments and writing it for that specific job is much more likely to get you an interview. Same thing here. 

I totally agree that it's important to spend time on it, and I did. I still think there should be a form, with a video submission and a space to write about why you think you're a great fit for the program etc. I guess it just seems weird to repeat certain steps. For example, uploading a video file that is already in my portfolio on my profile, or outlining key clients I've worked with that are already on my profile – that kind of thing. The other advantage to one's profile being a big part of the submission is it shows the Fiverr team how the seller presents themselves on Fiverr, which surely is an important consideration. To use your job search analogy, you might be the best candidate out there, but if you can't perform in the interview, you're not getting the job. I'd argue that how one presents themselves within the Fiverr platform is a fair analogy to that. It's not just proof that you have the skills of a pro, but that you know how to translate those skills into the Fiverr community and eco-system.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

Fair enough. Well, luckily I have enough orders to keep me going for now, so hopefully it won't make much difference in the short term.

2 hours ago, smashradio said:

Well there's no guarantee with Fiverr that you will receive any rank, so I usually don't keep hope for anything. If it does happen, great, but at this point in my Fiverr tenure I just focus on the client experience, because it's the most important, and hopefully that leads to other great things in the long run. But good luck man, hope you become Pro.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1