My video image preview is blurred, stretched and bad quality after uploading to Fiverr

vukovicstefan

Question

I have uploaded a new video on my Fiverr gigs with different preview images, preview image looks terrible it's stretched, bad, quality, and blurred a little bit. I don't know what is the solution, the original image is sharp and full HD. Does anyone know how to solve this?

PROFESSIONALWEBSITE DEVELOPMENT (20).png

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 13.47.47.png

• Like 10

5 answers to this question

You could look at this page: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/15863342952977-Gig-Images-General-Gig-image-guidelines?segment=seller

and this page: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010451657-Adding-a-Video-to-your-Gig?segment=seller

The gig image guidelines mention certain dimensions (eg. Maximum 4000 x 2416 px so that's about 1.66:1) so if it's altering it or cropping it it might be doing it to make it about that aspect ratio, 1.66:1. Though 1.78:1 is a standard aspect ratio for video.

If you look at the gig image guidelines though I think they suggest to use less text than you have in one of yours (edit: they say "Use as little text as possible . Remember, keep it simple. Avoid repeating text that’s already somewhere else in your Gig card." but I think they might have shown examples somewhere with very little text. So with less text and bigger text it may be more readable when it's shown in search results.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, uk1000 said:

You could look at this page: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/15863342952977-Gig-Images-General-Gig-image-guidelines?segment=seller

and this page: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010451657-Adding-a-Video-to-your-Gig?segment=seller

The gig image guidelines mention certain dimensions (eg. Maximum 4000 x 2416 px so that's about 1.66:1) so if it's altering it or cropping it it might be doing it to make it about that aspect ratio, 1.66:1. Though 1.78:1 is a standard aspect ratio for video.

If you look at the gig image guidelines though I think they suggest to use less text than you have in one of yours (edit: they say "Use as little text as possible . Remember, keep it simple. Avoid repeating text that’s already somewhere else in your Gig card." but I think they might have shown examples somewhere with very little text. So with less text and bigger text it may be more readable when it's shown in search results.

I used this dimensions: 

1280x769 but I don't know what is DPI for Canva, don't know where to check that
  • Like 10

27 minutes ago, vukovicstefan said:

1280x769 but I don't know what is DPI for Canva, don't know where to check that

The DPI is probably irrelevant. Your video & video thumbnail (before any cropping) is about 1.78:1 and what Fiverr shows on the gig results page might be around 1.66:1. In theory you could make your gig video around 1.66:1 so it wouldn't crop the thumbnail but that wouldn't be a very standard video aspect ratio. What you could do is just use less text (as well as make the text bigger like I suggested) and move the text closer in if some is getting cropped, and don't put anything too important in the area that will get cropped.

Another alternative is if you removed the gig video it would then use your main gig image for what gets shown in the gig results page, and you could make that about 1.66:1 aspect ratio and minimize any cropping.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 11

9 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

The DPI is probably irrelevant. Your video & video thumbnail (before any cropping) is about 1.78:1 and what Fiverr shows on the gig results page might be around 1.66:1. In theory you could make your gig video around 1.66:1 so it wouldn't crop the thumbnail but that wouldn't be a very standard video aspect ratio. What you could do is just use less text (as well as make the text bigger like I suggested) and move the text closer in if some is getting cropped, and don't put anything too important in the area that will get cropped.

Another alternative is if you removed the gig video it would then use your main gig image for what gets shown in the gig results page, and you could make that about 1.66:1 aspect ratio and minimize any cropping.

Thank you very much, now everything is clear to me. I will apply your suggestions.

• Like 11