Scammers have become increasingly involved in social media advertising jobs.

ajommahmud

On 6/26/2023 at 8:12 PM, ajommahmud said:

Scammers have become increasingly involved in social media advertising jobs. Be sure to check the buyer very carefully and start working. Do you agree with me?

These buyers should be avoided completely, as any sort of "out-of-Fiverr" type of work is against the TOS.

• Like 7

22 hours ago, nika_3dartist said:

These buyers should be avoided completely, as any sort of "out-of-Fiverr" type of work is against the TOS.

That is not true. Sellers can perform services for people off the Fiverr platform... as in making websites, doing social media management, etc. They cannot take business off Fiverr, however. That means you cannot tell a buyer to email you, pay through another processor, etc.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

On 6/28/2023 at 8:00 PM, nika_3dartist said:

The problem is that scammers can do a lot of damage before a seller even realizes it.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, melanielm said:

That is not true. Sellers can perform services for people off the Fiverr platform... as in making websites, doing social media management, etc. They cannot take business off Fiverr, however. That means you cannot tell a buyer to email you, pay through another processor, etc.

I may not be able to convey the real reality to you.

• Like 5

On 6/29/2023 at 3:01 PM, melanielm said:

That is what I meant: business off Fiverr. If the buyer is proposing other type of works, like websites and such, that is another thing. I got messages with similar job offers and they specifically asked me to discuss the whole thing on their social media profile directly instead of Fiverr.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, nika_3dartist said:

That is what I meant: business off Fiverr. If the buyer is proposing other type of works, like websites and such, that is another thing. I got messages with similar job offers and they specifically asked me to discuss the whole thing on their social media profile directly instead of Fiverr.

That's basically what I meant. Always handle new buyers with caution. Otherwise, anyone can be in danger anytime.

• Like 4