Promoted Gigs is "Not promotable (Unqualified)"

ecomdream

Question

Hello,

I am reaching out to the community as I need further guidance on this topic of "promoted gigs". All information is welcome and much appreciated! 

A little back story - I have spent over over $2,200 on Fiverr ads over the years, while generating over $18,000. Starting the month of May 2023, my ads were suspended with no reason, along with the de-ranking of all my gigs to not show up on page 1 anymore. I used to received 15-40 clicks per day and now i'm getting 0 to 2 clicks on a good day.  I did not receive any negative reviews and am baffled as to why this is happening. I reached out to Fiverr support multiple times and they said "You meet additional quality metrics" to run ads and receive the same copy and paste answer with no actually reason. 

If anyone has gone through this similar experience or has further knowledge on this topic, please let me know in the comments below!

Thanks! 

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

10 answers to this question

I had the same problem 2 times in 1 month,basically I was visible only 2 weeks of the month of May and 2 in June,with promoted gigs attached,all the rest of the weeks I was shadowbanned without the promoted gigs,yesterday the culmination of the culminations,a customer contacted me,I was very surprised,I asked him how he found me(I was sure he didn't find me in search) the answer is very interesting: GOOGLE.

My eyes were opened at that exact moment,Fiverr uses us for its SEO attracts customers thanks to the SEO of our GIGs and meanwhile it plays God by removing and putting promoted gigs as it likes,also new rule,if you don't reach some stupid criteria you get removed from search,for me numbers count,when I am visible I make numbers? Yes.

Everything else doesn't count,a real professional leaves the site and makes his own site,that's what I'm about to do unfortunately.

Getting back to your problem,maybe you had some negative private feedback,even worse if you got it from a first time buyer.

I am sorry,that is the situation.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do

Edited by lacroix88
typo
  • Like 7

40 minutes ago, lacroix88 said:

Hi, seeing from your comments I totally agree with that that's the reality. But isn't there still a chance to start over? like improving SEO which has a wide reach as you mentioned it "Google". So it looks like it might be possible to do it instead of sitting and dying? or really dead and can not do anything?

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, fauzimqn07 said:

Hi, seeing from your comments I totally agree with that that's the reality. But isn't there still a chance to start over? like improving SEO which has a wide reach as you mentioned it "Google". So it looks like it might be possible to do it instead of sitting and dying? or really dead and can not do anything?

I'm not sure I understand but I try to explain again,when a gig of yours gets seniority it gets visibility on google,obviously through fiverr,now as you know fiverr search is controlled by another internal algorithm that hides your gigs ONLY from fiverr users,now ,doesn't it seem a ridiculous paradox that you and I can be found on google through fiverr and not through fiverr itself? What do I need fiverr for? I am not here to be managed by a spiteful algorithm,have promoted gigs for 4 hours and then have them removed and/or be hidden from search for weeks if not months,I don't care anything about their internal criteria,really,not even a little,I care about money? Do I bring the money to fiverr? The answer is yes,everything else fiverr doesn't have to care about,it's not his business the quality metrics etcetera,because they are very subjective.

I add,all freelancers have to work,I want to be on the last page 1 week or 10 days a month maximum,without the promoted gigs,I don't want to be removed completely and especially it doesn't make sense to have all your gigs removed at the same time.

Edited by lacroix88
additional sentences
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, lacroix88 said:

I'm not sure I understand but I try to explain again,when a gig of yours gets seniority it gets visibility on google,obviously through fiverr,now as you know fiverr search is controlled by another internal algorithm that hides your gigs ONLY from fiverr users,now ,doesn't it seem a ridiculous paradox that you and I can be found on google through fiverr and not through fiverr itself? What do I need fiverr for? I am not here to be managed by a spiteful algorithm,have promoted gigs for 4 hours and then have them removed and/or be hidden from search for weeks if not months,I don't care anything about their internal criteria,really,not even a little,I care about money? Do I bring the money to fiverr? The answer is yes,everything else fiverr doesn't have to care about,it's not his business the quality metrics etcetera,because they are very subjective.

I add,all freelancers have to work,I want to be on the last page 1 week or 10 days a month maximum,without the promoted gigs,I don't want to be removed completely and especially it doesn't make sense to have all your gigs removed at the same time.

Wow, thank you soo much for the information - much appreciated! I hope everything works out on your end. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lacroix88 said:

I had the same problem 2 times in 1 month,basically I was visible only 2 weeks of the month of May and 2 in June,with promoted gigs attached,all the rest of the weeks I was shadowbanned without the promoted gigs,yesterday the culmination of the culminations,a customer contacted me,I was very surprised,I asked him how he found me(I was sure he didn't find me in search) the answer is very interesting: GOOGLE.

My eyes were opened at that exact moment,Fiverr uses us for its SEO attracts customers thanks to the SEO of our GIGs and meanwhile it plays God by removing and putting promoted gigs as it likes,also new rule,if you don't reach some stupid criteria you get removed from search,for me numbers count,when I am visible I make numbers? Yes.

Everything else doesn't count,a real professional leaves the site and makes his own site,that's what I'm about to do unfortunately.

Getting back to your problem,maybe you had some negative private feedback,even worse if you got it from a first time buyer.

I am sorry,that is the situation.

This is incredible - thank you for your insight 

• Like 7

Exactly!!!! Fiverr self-destructs with a malicious algorithm that makes so many sellers experience bad things and impact me which has experienced a drastic decline in early 2022 to date. I researched growth returns to various people and well everyone says SEO optimization is driving me crazy about it. Improving SEO takes a lot of time and it doesn't necessarily work to get what is expected.

So how do you think we can survive in a situation like this?

24 minutes ago, lacroix88 said:

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, fauzimqn07 said:

Exactly!!!! Fiverr self-destructs with a malicious algorithm that makes so many sellers experience bad things and impact me which has experienced a drastic decline in early 2022 to date. I researched growth returns to various people and well everyone says SEO optimization is driving me crazy about it. Improving SEO takes a lot of time and it doesn't necessarily work to get what is expected.

So how do you think we can survive in a situation like this?

SEO is useless if you don't appear in search anyway,it doesn't depend on that but on the private feedback you get from customers.

Fiverr has to understand that this is not the way to do it,don't get me wrong,fiverr has unique features that make it the best site in the world,I have tried all the marketplaces and I can confirm that,however they are destroying all the good work done so far with these useless and meaningless practices.

I cannot accept that a client finds me on Google and not on Fiverr. I am not interested in private feedback from clients,they are not professionals in my field and cannot make an expert opinion

If clients have any problems they can always discuss with me,I will solve them to the best of my ability.

Right now as things stand,the only solution is to find work elsewhere until fiverr fixes things.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, lacroix88 said:

SEO is useless if you don't appear in search anyway,it doesn't depend on that but on the private feedback you get from customers.

Fiverr has to understand that this is not the way to do it,don't get me wrong,fiverr has unique features that make it the best site in the world,I have tried all the marketplaces and I can confirm that,however they are destroying all the good work done so far with these useless and meaningless practices.

I cannot accept that a client finds me on Google and not on Fiverr. I am not interested in private feedback from clients,they are not professionals in my field and cannot make an expert opinion

If clients have any problems they can always discuss with me,I will solve them to the best of my ability.

Right now as things stand,the only solution is to find work elsewhere until fiverr fixes things.

Makes sense. Thank you for the advice!!

Isn't it with us discussing here, the Fiverr staff saw the whole content of the conversation, why don't they take action to fix everything right away? Lots of people here are discussing decline. Unbelievable!

Btw as time goes by I think that Fiverr is like choosing a king here. In the sense that sellers who have queues of more than 50+ will continue to improve and become more prominent. Then my fate especially the ones with unreasonable declines will decrease even more by paying a heavy price for promotions.....

• Like 6

The statement "Not promotable (Unqualified)" typically refers to a situation where a gig on a platform or marketplace is not eligible for promotion. There could be several reasons why a gig may be considered unqualified or ineligible for promotion:

1. Incomplete or insufficient information: If the gig listing lacks essential details, such as a clear description, pricing, or delivery information, it may be deemed unqualified for promotion. Providing comprehensive and accurate information is crucial for promoting a gig effectively.

2. Violation of platform guidelines: If the gig violates the platform's terms of service, community guidelines, or content policies, it may be deemed unqualified for promotion. This could include offering prohibited services, engaging in fraudulent activities, or promoting illegal content.

3. Low-quality or inappropriate content: If the gig contains content that is deemed low-quality, irrelevant, or inappropriate, it may not meet the criteria for promotion. Platforms often strive to maintain a certain standard of quality for promoted gigs to enhance the overall user experience.

4. Lack of credibility or reviews: If a gig is relatively new or lacks credible reviews from previous customers, it may be considered unqualified for promotion. Platforms often prioritize promoting gigs with a proven track record of delivering satisfactory results.

It's important to review the specific guidelines and policies of the platform or marketplace where your gig is listed to understand the exact reasons behind the "Not promotable (Unqualified)" status. Contacting the platform's support team for further clarification or making necessary improvements to your gig's listing might help resolve the issue.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1