Hello Everyone! Just wanted to see how many Beta/Sensitivity/ARC readers, ghost writers, book cover/trailer designers, and/or any other person working within the Writing/Translation, etc. groups are also writers/authors of their own works? I'm an aspiring Historical Fiction author. My main subgenres will include Mystery and Romance. I would love to connect with other aspiring and/or experienced authors, book cover/trailer designers, etc. to encourage and support each other! Let me know if (a) you're an aspiring or experienced author, (b) your genre/subgenre, (c) your WIP and/or one of your most recently published works, and (d) if you're already published, if you chose to be self-published, traditionally-published or hybrid-published (and why)!

Happy Writing and Reading!

Edited by omnilegentangel
I left out some applicable tags and corrected spelling
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I am. I'm both traditionally (not big 5) and self-published under various pen names. They have nothing to do with my work here on Fiverr for the most part, however, as we are not allowed to point people off the platform at other names/contacts.

• Like 12
  • Congrats! 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, omnilegentangel said:

I'm not trying to have anyone violate any Fiverr rules by posting something that could directly/indirectly take people off of the platform!!  

I'm sorry if it sounded like I was accusing you of that. I absolutely was not. Just mentioning it because I can't tell potential buyers what my pen names are, so they have no way of checking out my writing.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2023 at 5:29 PM, melanielm said:

I'm sorry if it sounded like I was accusing you of that. I absolutely was not. Just mentioning it because I can't tell potential buyers what my pen names are, so they have no way of checking out my writing.

Gotcha! No worries; totally understand. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2023 at 11:21 PM, imagination7413 said:

Beta-reader/critque partner.

Casual writer, unpublished, though I did write a lengthy gig-help-article here in the Fiverr forums. (It's a bit outdated, though.)

Wow, you can be a critique partner on Fiverr too? That's awesome. (OR, are you saying you're a Critique partner off of the platform)? Lol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, omnilegentangel said:

Wow, you can be a critique partner on Fiverr too? That's awesome. (OR, are you saying you're a Critique partner off of the platform)?

If you go with the Wikipedia definition of critique-partner as differs from beta-reader, then mostly, yes. I'll admit my 'training' isn't all-encompassing (a few classes in college, my major was business).

"A critique partner is a trained writer who "test reads" from the perspective of an author..."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_reader#Differences_from_other_roles 

If you mean the exchange of documents, then no, since Fiverr is for selling services. 

Though, yes, I do have a slight weakness for the junk-food of the writing world (fanfic), and I have done exchanges in that arena. (I like to think my indulgence is more like the dessert at a restaurant, than a package of Oreos.) ^^;

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I am too! I publish books under my full name, and I ghostwrite books for my clients. Mostly in the zombie genre. I have one client who has sold a few thousand copies of one of my books! Wish I could make that claim under the ones on my own name, but I'll get there!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1