Does this brief violate Fiverr policy?

paddy_boylan

Question

Hey Fiverr folk,

see the attached image - do you think that working on this brief would violate Fiverr policy?

The Community Standards page says the following:
"Do not offer, agree to provide, or ask for services that are meant to cause harm, including but not limited to: Promoting prohibited or potentially dangerous goods (firearms, ammunition, drugs, and controlled substances), or encouraging others to make, use, or trade these goods"

(https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/prohibited-services#:~:text=Do not offer,trade these goods)

I'm erring on the side of not touching it, but wanted to see what you guys think.

Thanking you for your collective wisdom,

- Paddy

brief.png

Edited by paddy_boylan
  • Like 14

5 answers to this question

If it's worth your time, or you get such briefs or personal requests often enough, and generally would like to do it, ask support to get it black on white....but even then, you'd probably need to check with them somewhat regularly, as policies can and sometimes do change... there we're back at 'if it's worth your time', I guess.

Also on team 'dont touch' (unless with express, and clear, OK from support).

• Like 15

Only put out offers on briefs that you're 100% sure on.

For suspicious briefs, I always reject them with the reason of "Buyer not credible." This allows the brief to be removed if there are enough sellers that mark the brief as suspicious) and only takes a second out of your time. It doesn't hurt the buyer (you might see them posting on the forum that their brief was rejected). Sometimes I reject the brief by saying it doesn't have enough information (and the buyer will be given another chance to create a more detailed brief).

• Like 14

Thanks, everyone. I'm thinking I'll stay away from this one.

20 hours ago, leannelrivers said:

I would also stay away from this. You could ask CS, but I've approached them about things like this in the past and received different answers. It's better to err on the side of caution and leave it alone. 

Yikes. I did actually message customer service; the agent I spoke to said "yeah, cool, go ahead" (I'm paraphrasing), but the fact that you can get contradictory answers from different agents is pretty concerning...

• Like 10