Spam/scam more than real job

My name is Angela, I’m sorry that my first introduction is to share a negative news, i discovered a very frustrating situation where  spam/scam more than a real client have been contacting me... I joined Fiverr few days ago and all I got was spam messages and they will disappear after few hours... how I know? Because the chat says "xxx can no longer be contacted" so I assume they deactivated the account since their join date was all May 2023... any tips that I can get actual client to contact me rather a scam... in addition, how I know that they're scam? They all sent the very similar messages and lead me to telegram to chat obviously I'll not do that... so please please advise...

A5A5A0F8-7A48-415C-8CBA-089BAAED492D.png

Edited by aw_angela
  • Like 10
  • Sad 3
  • Up 3

Hi @aw_angela, Welcome to Fiverr and the forum!

1 hour ago, aw_angela said:

i discovered a very frustrating situation where  spam/scam more than a real client have been contacting me...

Unfortunately, this is something that you'll have to deal with even as an experienced seller on Fiverr. The amount of spam that we get each day is crazy. I also get more spam than real inquiries but all we can do is mark them as spam (if Fiverr doesn't automatically send them to the spam folder). I usually include a note of "No, thanks" before marking the message as spam.

It's all worth it though, because if spammers can find you, so can the real buyers. So just be really cautious of the "too-good-to-be true" buyers who come at you and be patient (and ready!) for the real buyers who will contact you for actual work related to your gigs. I got more spam when I was a newbie buyer (and my prices were super low), but I still get more spam than actual inquiries, even though my prices are a lot higher now.

I hope you start gettting inquiries from real buyers soon!

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, seoexpertazmin said:

"Ready for exchange...

1. Open my gig

2. Save it

3. Check the gig image

4. Click on the premium package

5. Send me a screenshot

According to the FiberForum rules, you cannot post links to your gig anywhere but in my favor gigs.

Rule #6 says All gig and profile links belong in My Fiverr Gigs.

• Like 8