Avoid potential Cancellation

minordetails

Question

I had a repeat buyer where something came up and I am just curious how I would handle this if it were to escalate.  Just to be clear, the order has been completed but I am asking the question to gain from others experience.  I had a project where with a few hours left I sent a question to the buyer only to learn they no longer needed the small project.  I replied with how much time I had into the hours of research and that I would deliver the job and owe them.  So, the questions that came to mind are as follows:

1) Once a transaction is delivered, can I refund part without causing an issue.  I prefer to keep things as clean as possible

2) Is there anything that I should have done differently or could have?  There is no liability on my part to complete anymore time as it was balanced out the following day.

Appreciate the feedback.

Dean

• Like 5

1 answer to this question

13 minutes ago, minordetails said:

1) Once a transaction is delivered, can I refund part without causing an issue.  I prefer to keep things as clean as possible

Hi Dean. So in this case no, you can't offer a partial refund. The system is most likely this way to prevent abuse from potential buyers that would threaten sellers with bad reviews just to receive some of their money back.

• Like 6