Does your account gets out of "Under Review" from Fiverr Trust and safety team? And how long does it take?

petered77

Question

My account is "Under review" by the Fiverr trust and safety team for about 2 weeks now. Does anyone have any idea if my account will get out of this? I've heard some people say 90% of account doesn't get unrestricted, is that true? 
Also for context:
 There was a buyer who tried to communicate via Gmail "so his team can send me the details of the script". The first few times I denied and flagged his message. But then he sent me this "Terms of Service reminder: Providing email, s***e, or phone number is only allowed if it is needed as part of the service. Otherwise, all communication must go through Fiverr." Which is a pop-up if you type "@" in the inbox.
I thought he is right and told him "
alright, Give me your. I'll hit you up". Is that a violation of TOS? Because email is allowed if it is needed as part of the service. Also, today I got an Email from Fiverr saying "The account is temporarily restricted". I kinda misunderstood the rule there, I think. So am I going to get banned or warned? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, petered77 said:

My account is "Under review" by the Fiverr trust and safety team for about 2 weeks now. Does anyone have any idea if my account will get out of this? I've heard some people say 90% of account doesn't get unrestricted, is that true? 
Also for context:
 There was a buyer who tried to communicate via Gmail "so his team can send me the details of the script". The first few times I denied and flagged his message. But then he sent me this "Terms of Service reminder: Providing email, s***e, or phone number is only allowed if it is needed as part of the service. Otherwise, all communication must go through Fiverr." Which is a pop-up if you type "@" in the inbox.
I thought he is right and told him "
alright, Give me your. I'll hit you up". Is that a violation of TOS? Because email is allowed if it is needed as part of the service. Also, today I got an Email from Fiverr saying "The account is temporarily restricted". I kinda misunderstood the rule there, I think. So am I going to get banned or warned? 

all communication must be via Fiverr chat. They can send file txt with the script from Fiverr chat. Removing the restriction is now up to the Fiverr team.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, petered77 said:

So am I going to get banned or warned? 

That's up to Fiverr to decide. Offering that kind of information is not ok and you will be penalized. So yes, it can be quite problematic for the account. Whether it's a ban or not, hard to say. But it can take up to 90 days to receive a reply.

• Like 4