I have been on fiverr for months without any order, what can I do?

dammz_expert

1 hour ago, oymusafir said:

Your suggestions would also be helpful.

Greeting people with "hello" usually works just fine.

If they sign their message with their name, you can use that, too.

1 hour ago, oymusafir said:

I've never received an angry response from any male or female client.

I remember a seller crying on the forum that they have lost a client after calling her "dear". She angrily said something like "I'm not your dear" and decided to work with someone else.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, oymusafir said:

So, I'll now search for alternatives. Your suggestions would also be helpful.

It is best to call clients by user names unless they share their first names with you.  

4 hours ago, oymusafir said:

I suppose not many people have the time to delve into the details of words unless they're not businesspersons.

As a proofreader that is my job and it is what writers do too. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, catwriter said:

I remember a seller crying on the forum that they have lost a client after calling her "dear". She angrily said something like "I'm not your dear" and decided to work with someone else.

It actually depends on the type of services you are providing and the individuals you are connecting with. In my case, I provide tools that can help grow businesses or manage customer software. I usually interact with small business owners or individuals working as marketers for someone else. They generally don't take words too seriously because they already manage various kinds of people. They understand that sweetness in words is just a tactic to sell a product 😁, as they use similar strategies for their own customers. As for females, they don't mind either because if they have a strong attitude and can't handle a simple word like 'dear,' they wouldn't be able to effectively run their business. For female clients, I mostly use softer words so that if they ever encounter any issues, they can comfortably reconnect with me for a solution. And yes, this trick actually works. 

On the other hand, employees, more than business owners, tend to have more attitude. They often prioritize such things because their personal lives may be challenging, and they reflect this attitude towards others. So, I always inquire about their role in their business. If they're the owner, I make the deal; otherwise, I ask them to share the gig link with the owner if they're interested. Employees in any company, rather than understanding the logic, tend to focus on impressing the owner or manager. and display attitude towards these types of words

2 hours ago, catwriter said:

Greeting people with "hello" usually works just fine

Yes, I think it's fine. Thank you for Suggestion 

• Like 2

On 12/2/2023 at 7:25 AM, smartdezigns said:

What's to explain there? I think you misunderstood that line. She asked the member (mahmud_nabi) that Gigs Sharing on Social Media have worked for him well to become a successful seller or not? Because that member has been on Fiverr since May 2021 and have made 19 sales yet. So she is confirming from him that his tip has been effective for him or not..

And to be honest, you are questioning 2 TRS/Pro Sellers on Fiverr (I am referring to @filipdevaere and @vickiespencer ) So they know everything about Fiverr better than you (and us) as they are way much experienced. So always follow their tips/suggestions/guidance. Learn from them.

P.S. Try to be polite in asking questions. I know you are in a learning phase but at least respect experienced sellers.

I didn't say anything to belittle anyone

I was worried about this
Which information is actually correct

That's why I asked @filipdevaere

• Like 3

On 12/5/2023 at 11:15 PM, oymusafir said:

It actually depends on the type of services you are providing and the individuals you are connecting with. In my case, I provide tools that can help grow businesses or manage customer software. I usually interact with small business owners or individuals working as marketers for someone else. They generally don't take words too seriously because they already manage various kinds of people.

Using cliched salutations with strangers who mostly come from 'different cultures/social backgrounds' is a BIG NO, irrespective of how we wish to justify it. And this is base-level courtesy and respect to someone we know nothing about. 

In some parts of the world, starting corporate emails with "Dear xyz" is very common and acceptable but using the same with potential clients on a global platform should be avoided at all costs.🥲

• Like 4
  • Up 1

14 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

@misty_rasheda: Your post is proof that your English is not "Native/Bilingual".

Don't lie on your profile to lure buyers.

image.png.176db1567f949234a3444f5f316e3969.png

@filipdevaere 

Your attention to detail is truly appreciated.

I'm sorry if I made any mistakes in my earlier comment, and I see it as a chance to learn and get better.

Ever since I joined Fiverr, I've been following your work.

It's been a great source of inspiration for improving my writing and communication skills.

• Like 7