I have been on fiverr for months without any order, what can I do?

dammz_expert

• 7 months later...
1 minute ago, sreeti7077rani said:

So explain this line to me
His opinion on social media advertising is different.

Screenshot_5.png

What's to explain there? I think you misunderstood that line. She asked the member (mahmud_nabi) that Gigs Sharing on Social Media have worked for him well to become a successful seller or not? Because that member has been on Fiverr since May 2021 and have made 19 sales yet. So she is confirming from him that his tip has been effective for him or not..

And to be honest, you are questioning 2 TRS/Pro Sellers on Fiverr (I am referring to @filipdevaere and @vickiespencer ) So they know everything about Fiverr better than you (and us) as they are way much experienced. So always follow their tips/suggestions/guidance. Learn from them.

P.S. Try to be polite in asking questions. I know you are in a learning phase but at least respect experienced sellers.

• Like 17
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, sreeti7077rani said:

So explain this line to me
His opinion on social media advertising is different.

First of all, my pronouns are she and her. 

In that post, I repelled to @mahmud_nabi, who advised getting more orders by advertising on social media. I asked him, "Has sharing your gigs on social media helped you be successful on Fiverr?" Because it appears it has not helped him at all. If you look at his account on Fiverr, he has had only about one order a month since he joined Fiverr, and his last order was two months ago. I would not consider that to be a Fiverr success story.

In comparison, I have never advertised on Social Media, yet I have had nearly 3000 orders and gained a TRS badge in the six years I have worked as a freelancer on Fiverr. I get more orders in a month than he has had in 17 months. So, I do not believe Social Media Marketing is a viable tool. 

Thank you to  @filipdevaere and @smartdezigns for clarifying my stance on the subject. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 13
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

Because that member has been on Fiverr since May 2021 and have made 19 sales yet.

Though that's the review total. In one of his gigs Fiverr shows he's completed 22 orders (though I'm not sure why it shows that on the gig page and not the profile page).

And we can't really say when his last order was as it doesn't say that, it shows his last review was 2 months ago but we don't know whether his last order was reviewed. The previous profile design used to show when the most recent delivery was (eg. x days ago) but the new one doesn't.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, uk1000 said:

And we can't really say when his last order was as it doesn't say that, it shows his last review was 2 months ago but we don't know whether his last order was reviewed. The previous profile design used to show when the most recent delivery was (eg. x days ago) but the new one doesn't.

True but we can see via reviews that when was the last order and got a review..

Don't know that why Fiverr has removed "Last Delivery" option from the Seller's profiles (we can see it ours only).. 

• Like 11

7 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

So, I do not believe Social Media Marketing is a viable tool. 

It's actually not working; no one from outside Fiverr is coming to make purchases. Potential buyers usually didn't use social media as they don't have much time. Advising is good because some people lack the patience for their gig to naturally start getting impressions. It's not effective at all, but some may at least get impressions.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

who advised getting more orders by advertising on social media. I asked him, "Has sharing your gigs on social media helped you be successful on Fiverr?" Because it appears it has not helped him at all.

He was saying what Fiverr themselves say though:

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011028318-Managing-your-Gig

How can I get my Gig ranked higher?

Promoting your gigs on social media, websites, or blogs is a great way to bring more traffic to your gig. The more traffic, the more exposure you will receive in our marketplace. Completing your orders on time and providing exceptional service can also affect your ranking. As long as you are doing well in these areas, your ranking will improve.

If Fiverr are wrong they could change that. To see what works better it might be better to get a few more stats than what one person might or might not be doing. eg. if someone is very successful (eg. Pro & TRS) with having the maximum number of words in multiple of their gig titles, that doesn't necessarily mean it's the best amount of words to use normally in gig titles (eg. if you try to create a gig with that number Fiverr will warn about it).

It could be that posting on social media could help if done in the best ways (or maybe not), maybe it could help increase orders by a certain percentage - that doesn't mean they will necessarily get more orders than a lot of those who don't use it. Or maybe it only has a small effect.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 7
  • Up 2

35 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

If Fiverr are wrong they could change that.

35 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

It could be that posting on social media could help if done in the best ways

Fiverr says to market on social media, but it doesn't say how to market on social media.

I still think this is a great resource on how to market your gigs (as well as the linked article, I'll also include that below):

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/104668-marketing-yourself-just-do-it-heres-how-upyour/

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/50258-how-i-use-social-media-to-market-my-fiverr-gigs-archived/

However, since I don't do any marketing outside of Fiverr (Fiverr does most of my marketing for me), the only way I've gotten orders through social media is when my buyers ask me if they can share my gig links with their friends via social media. This is word-of-mouth marketing and is one of the more common ways that I get referral business coming into my gigs.

• Like 10
  • Up 2

20 hours ago, oymusafir said:

Advising is good because some people lack the patience for their gig to naturally start getting impressions. It's not effective at all, but some may at least get impressions.

You get impressions when someone sees your gig in Fiverr's search. I don't see how sharing your gig in social media could possibly increase impressions.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, catwriter said:

I don't see how sharing your gig in social media could possibly increase impressions.

Dear when someone visit our Gig from outside it count as impression didn't it? so that's why i'm saying those people lack of patience those wanna see their gig is watching by some can show to social media users. otherwise as i said no one gonna purchase that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oymusafir said:

Dear

Some buyers have posted on the Forum that they will never order from a seller who calls them "dear". 

I understand that the word "dear" is a standard greeting in your culture. However, in many cultures, it is not. It is best that you do not call people on the Forum or your clients "dear". It is very off-putting.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

Some buyers have posted on the Forum that they will never order from a seller who calls them "dear". 

Seems like serious crime

"dear" is a standard greeting in your culture. However, in many cultures, it is not.

For client yes our mostly companies use that word Dear Costumer or some time with name for example Dear @vickiespencer. That's why I mostly use that word. I'm sorry if it is some kind of bad word in your language or culture 

It is very off-putting

Yeah, just realized

• Like 5

18 hours ago, oymusafir said:

Dear when someone visit our Gig from outside it count as impression didn't it?

It's disappointing to see that someone who states their skills to be digital and social media marketing has no clue in the difference between a click and an impression? 

I will also throw my hat into the corner on social media marketing topic.  It's a VERY useful tool for a digital marketer that knows what they are doing.  However, for someone that is relatively active on Linkedin, Facebook and Instagram, I strongly recommend that people understand the principles of digital marketing, as opposed to spamming posts and groups with links to their Fiverr profile. 

Last week I saw a post from Fiverr on Linkedin about some great work that a freelancer was doing on the platform. They were really inspiring and were clearly doing well on the platform.  Instead of other freelancers congratulating them, all I saw was an opportunity to spam this post with backlinks and requests for people to order from their profile.  Once again.  This is not Social media marketing!!!! 

Please understand that this is completely pointless, and all you're doing is showing yourself to be desperate.  (This includes supposed 'digital marketers' on Fiverr) Social media is completely saturated with these types of posts, and to be honest, it's getting a little embarrassing when I see the measures that some people take to promote their gigs. 

So, please,  understand this.   I spent 4 hard years studying  to become qualified in Digital Marketing.  And do you know what?  Not one of my modules or lessons said that I should constantly spam social media profiles and posts in the hope that someone will order from me. 

What I was taught was to be innovative in how you promote your gig.  Make people think wow!  that's something cool and different and I am willing to click to learn more. Otherwise you're just another sheep following the flock.  

• Like 7
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, oymusafir said:

For client yes our mostly companies use that word Dear Costumer or some time with name for example Dear @vickiespencer. That's why I mostly use that word. I'm sorry if it is some kind of bad word in your language or culture 

I hope it's Dear Customer, not Dear Costumer.

Dear followed by the name is often used. Just calling people "dear", on the other hand, can be seen as condescending, or flirting (do you normally address random men as "dear"?). Unless it's an old lady who calls everyone "dear". Or unless you're addressing your wife or someone else you're close with.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

8 hours ago, breals said:

It's disappointing to see that someone who states their skills to be digital and social media marketing has no clue in the difference between a click and an impression? 

Do you read my Bio Carefully I said I'm Software and web developer provide social media marketing tools. I'm not a marketer. I use that skill because my products related to that service. and I just  start using Fiverr 2 months ago my account is old but I start using Fiverr only 2 months ago. so I had no idea if someone view our gig by link it will directly count as click. @catwriter already explain that "You get impressions when someone sees your gig in Fiverr's search."  By the way both can be useful for those  people lack of patience those wanna see their gig is clicking by someone. as I said it is not effective at all

8 hours ago, breals said:

So, please,  understand this.   I spent 4 hard years studying  to become qualified in Digital Marketing.  And do you know what?  Not one of my modules or lessons said that I should constantly spam social media profiles and posts in the hope that someone will order from me. 

I would recommend you to read my previous post before this one where I said " It's actually not working; no one from outside Fiverr is coming to make purchases. Potential buyers usually didn't use social media as they don't have much time. Advising is good because some people lack the patience for their gig to naturally start getting impressions. It's not effective at all, but some may at least get impressions." 

Try to understand situation before making any comment. There should be a comment about the word 'Dear,' not about my skills.

8 hours ago, catwriter said:

(do you normally address random men as "dear"?).

Yes, is there any option to check gender? By the way, I have already apologized. While this word is normal for me and we use it to be a little polite, I will avoid using it again.

image.png.edade3ebe916e19cd2be88f1cd3b331d.png

Annotation2023-12-05051022.png.20a023c7730eec6239bf862aa0c6b9e0.png

Edited by oymusafir
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, oymusafir said:

Yes, is there any option to check gender?

No. There's no need for such option, because knowing one's gender is irrelevant in most cases.

I merely asked if you called men "dear" because in the Western countries (and not just Western countries) calling someone "dear" can be seen as flirting, and a lot of men would be angry if another man flirted with them; I've seen angry responses like "I'm not your f***ing girlfriend".

6 hours ago, oymusafir said:

By the way both can be useful for those  people lack of patience those wanna see their gig is clicking by someone

It's not useful, it's harmful. I mean, they might like seeing clicks, but if someone clicks on your gig and doesn't buy, it lowers your conversion rate. And that tells Fiverr that something is wrong with your gig, so your gig gets shown to fewer potential buyers, thus reducing the chance to get a sale.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, catwriter said:

calling someone "dear" can be seen as flirting, and a lot of men would be angry if another man flirted with them; I've seen angry responses like "I'm not your f***ing girlfriend"

😂I never thought about it that way before 😁. I suppose not many people have the time to delve into the details of words unless they're not businesspersons. By the way, I've never received an angry response from any male or female client. For showing affection, there are many other words like 'my beloved,' 'lifeline,' or 'the love of my life.' By the way, According to your thoughts, I found that it could be worse as well. So, I'll now search for alternatives. Your suggestions would also be helpful.

• Like 2