Are my prices or images a barrier to selling?

joshfiverrtr

Where is the problem?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Where is the problem?

• Prices
    • Images
    • Titles
    • Other

Question

Hi. I've been here a while. I have more than one gig. But I couldn't make any sales. Is there something wrong with my images or prices? I have been trying to improve myself as a web developer for a while. And a while ago I signed up for Fiverr. As a beginner, do you think it's natural that I couldn't sell?

There is my gigs: https://www.fiverr.com/joshfiverrtr

Edited by joshfiverrtr
  • Like 9

13 answers to this question

2 hours ago, joshfiverrtr said:

Hi. I've been here a while.

Hey! I'm going to be a bit rough on you, but maybe you'll be able to learn something from what I will say!

For me, the prices aren't the red flag. If you are a legitimate designer/etc. that is what you should charge.

What would throw me off (as a buyer) are:

- Your descriptions are super short and don't really explain much. I know you have packages/etc. But still.

- Your gig images look very much the same as everyone else's in the same fields, AND you offer way too many 'anyone can do this' type gigs. In this time and age that's just not going to work anymore. Focus on one thing that you can truly do and niche down from there. 

- Your titles are weird. 'I will can' on a translation gig is... you know, a bit ironic. What I would do is step back, take a breath and try to see what you can do better. Show off your work more in your images, WIN people over by your description, and try to offer something that truly provides value. I would revamp some of the gigs to be more focused on niche markets that need websites/etc. Maybe that could help?

• Like 14
  • Up 3

11 hours ago, grayprogrammerz said:

offcourse prices

start cheap

even those top rate sellers initially traded at low price, to attract more buyers

after convert ratings in to cash $$$

Thanks for your response. Then I'll lower the prices a little. Looks like I have to make a sacrifice for the introduce.

11 hours ago, katakatica said:

Hey! I'm going to be a bit rough on you, but maybe you'll be able to learn something from what I will say!

For me, the prices aren't the red flag. If you are a legitimate designer/etc. that is what you should charge.

- Your descriptions are super short and don't really explain much. I know you have packages/etc. But still.

- Your gig images look very much the same as everyone else's in the same fields, AND you offer way too many 'anyone can do this' type gigs. In this time and age that's just not going to work anymore. Focus on one thing that you can truly do and niche down from there. 

- Your titles are weird. 'I will can' on a translation gig is... you know, a bit ironic. What I would do is step back, take a breath and try to see what you can do better. Show off your work more in your images, WIN people over by your description, and try to offer something that truly provides value. I would revamp some of the gigs to be more focused on niche markets that need websites/etc. Maybe that could help?

Thanks for your response. I didn't take this as rude. What I wanted from you was to be clear. Thanks.

I will update prices and images on recommendations. And as you said, I will change the descriptions. As for the titles, frankly, I can do what I promise in my gigs. But personally, I usually use the phrase "I can" instead of "I do" when expressing myself about a job. According to what you said, this is a very wrong approach for gigs.

Thanks again for your responses. I will update my gigs as soon as possible.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, joshfiverrtr said:

Thanks for your response. Then I'll lower the prices a little. Looks like I have to make a sacrifice for the introduce.

Thanks for your response. I didn't take this as rude. What I wanted from you was to be clear. Thanks.

I will update prices and images on recommendations. And as you said, I will change the descriptions. As for the titles, frankly, I can do what I promise in my gigs. But personally, I usually use the phrase "I can" instead of "I do" when expressing myself about a job. According to what you said, this is a very wrong approach for gigs.

Thanks again for your responses. I will update my gigs as soon as possible.

Ah sorry I don't think the title bit was clear. It should just be "I will" (since fiverr doesn't let us change it.) I will do x sounds OK if there's no other verb, but I will can doesn't!  

If you can do all that though, great! (I don't have that many types of things I can sell but we're all different of course!) 

• Like 7

First of all, you have to research very thoroughly that how your competitors providing services here on fiverr. How they optimized their profile, gig, prices, descriptions or relevant low competitive keywords. Take your time, stand yourself as a buyer and consider it. 

• Like 8

@grayprogrammerz @katakatica @sabin_ecom Hello again. I made several changes to my gigs based on your suggestions. I updated the cover images, lowered the prices, and edited the titles and descriptions. Do you think the changes I made are good, or do I need to make more changes?

Here my gigs: https://www.fiverr.com/joshfiverrtr

And except of these, I would like to ask some more questions.

First, some users say they work with places like Fiverr, Upworks, Tesla, etc., adding it to the "among my clients" section. Did these people really work with these companies or can anyone add any company they want? If it can be added how do I do it? (Of course, I am asking these to add the places I have actually worked.)

image.png.416097f8feea8278d0216a5120f7f329.png

Secondly, when I searched by my title before editing it, it would show up on the first page. But now I'm on page two. Is this because of a sanction by Fiverr because I changed my title, or is there some other reason?

In addition, when I lowered the prices below a certain price, I got the following warning. But despite this, I kept the prices low with your advice. I wonder if it might have contributed to my falling behind on this list?

image.png.2ad825ca8fc7e2ee41e2694f86723633.png

Third, even though I've uploaded my gig images to the size Fiverr recommends (1280 x 769 px.), other users' images display properly, while mine displays as follows. How do I solve this problem?

image.png.c8c2265e691bb4ff33102be432c514be.png

And finally, the stats below were from before the update. Do you think my stats are too bad? Is there anything you would suggest I do to increase this?

Last 7 days...

image.thumb.png.14f0208339e16da901b0a6553650b16a.png

And last 3 months...

image.thumb.png.b7f117e5ab06cd37e7663dfba1a6a9e5.png

• Like 5

First, some users say they work with places like Fiverr, Upworks, Tesla, etc., adding it to the "among my clients" section. Did these people really work with these companies or can anyone add any company they want? If it can be added how do I do it? (Of course, I am asking these to add the places I have actually worked.)

Feature available for few sellers. Currently they add anyone they like.
Fiverr will soon verify: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/4404324058513-Top-Clients

Secondly, when I searched by my title before editing it, it would show up on the first page. But now I'm on page two. Is this because of a sanction by Fiverr because I changed my title, or is there some other reason?

Different keywords results different. Better search yourself in category(which you won't appear as new seller). Not by keywords.

Third, even though I've uploaded my gig images to the size Fiverr recommends (1280 x 769 px.), other users' images display properly, while mine displays as follows. How do I solve this problem?

Give gap a bit to text on left.

And finally, the stats below were from before the update. Do you think my stats are too bad? Is there anything you would suggest I do to increase this?

Stats look same even update. Clicks are frustrating (as were). But still better, some even don't get single impression.
May be add image of websites you build before ? I see it as text only.
May be add video, pdf as well ? Clicks will increase then.

• Like 7

19 hours ago, grayprogrammerz said:

Feature available for few sellers. Currently they add anyone they like.
Fiverr will soon verify: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/4404324058513-Top-Clients

I understand. Thanks.

Different keywords results different. Better search yourself in category(which you won't appear as new seller). Not by keywords.

As far as I watched in a video, Fiverr gives favor to people who just opened a gig for a certain period of time and keeps them in the foreground. If a gig doesn't receive an order within a certain time, it sends it to the background. I think I am having a problem like this. I may have had such a problem because I haven't received any orders for 2-3 months.

Give gap a bit to text on left.

I'll try changing the resolution as well. Maybe I'll find a solution.

May be add image of websites you build before ? I see it as text only.
May be add video, pdf as well ? Clicks will increase then.

The video may increase clickthrough. You are right. But does it show that there is a PDF in gig when it's in the list? If so, what should I include in the PDF and what should I not add? Do you have a sample PDF?

Additionally, at first, I had posted photos of the sites I made. But since it didn't look very good, I preferred such a design. Do you think it is a poor method for promotion?

In addition to all this, two different methods came to my mind. First of all, I haven't done the tests related to my workspace yet. Doing these things, I think, will make Fiverr trust me. And this way I can increase the viewing of my gigs. Is this true?

Additionally, I'm considering temporarily increasing the price by going $5 for a few people, $15 for the next few people, $25 for the next few people. Could such a method be perceived negatively by Fiverr? Do you have an idea? Will Fiverr penalize me if I sell a site like this to people close to me who really need it? After all, they will become a customer, and I will be serving them.

Edited by joshfiverrtr
  • Like 6

If a gig doesn't receive an order within a certain time, it sends it to the background.

This happens for new accounts.

I noticed editing gig results in higher impression. May be fiverr notice activity on gig.

I'll try changing the resolution as well. Maybe I'll find a solution.

or may be create 1280x769 image containing border line (for testing) ?

The video may increase clickthrough. You are right. But does it show that there is a PDF in gig when it's in the list? If so, what should I include in the PDF and what should I not add? Do you have a sample PDF?

PDF do appears in gallery. You can explain past projects in it.

I don't have sample. Few folks use it. That's why help SEO wise being unique.

Additionally, at first, I had posted photos of the sites I made. But since it didn't look very good, I preferred such a design. Do you think it is a poor method for promotion?

See gigs for idea:

https://www.fiverr.com/categories/graphics-design/website-design

In addition to all this, two different methods came to my mind. First of all, I haven't done the tests related to my workspace yet. Doing these things, I think, will make Fiverr trust me. And this way I can increase the viewing of my gigs. Is this true?

There million of labors. Fiverr promotes unique gigs only.

Video and pdf are rare. By adding, you will become unique.

Additionally, I'm considering temporarily increasing the price by going $5 for a few people, $15 for the next few people, $25 for the next few people. Could such a method be perceived negatively by Fiverr? Do you have an idea? Will Fiverr penalize me if I sell a site like this to people close to me who really need it? After all, they will become a customer, and I will be serving them.

I used same strategy. Initially I needed reviews, so worked at lowest rate. From time to time, been saying goodbye to previous buyers and welcoming new ones who can pay me more.

When you earn, fiverr earns 45% (25% from buyer + 20% from seller).

So fiverr wants you to earn as much as possible.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, grayprogrammerz said:

Frankly, I have no idea how to do this. Creating mockups and preparing such images with Illustrator is time consuming. I think the people who prepared these images are using a ready-made program. But I don't know what program they are using. Do you have any advice for making such images?

54 minutes ago, grayprogrammerz said:

There million of labors. Fiverr promotes unique gigs only.

Video and pdf are rare. By adding, you will become unique.

So you're saying that solving test questions is useless?

57 minutes ago, grayprogrammerz said:

I used same strategy. Initially I needed reviews, so worked at lowest rate. From time to time, been saying goodbye to previous buyers and welcoming new ones who can pay me more.

So I'm going to follow such a strategy as a start. After all, one way or another, they are also customers.

59 minutes ago, grayprogrammerz said:

When you earn, fiverr earns 45% (25% from buyer + 20% from seller).

What? So, do customers see a different price for purchases instead of $5?

• Like 6

Frankly, I have no idea how to do this. Creating mockups and preparing such images with Illustrator is time consuming. I think the people who prepared these images are using a ready-made program. But I don't know what program they are using. Do you have any advice for making such images?

I use paint.net, its easier

So you're saying that solving test questions is useless?

I say opposite. Solving test questions make you unique than who didn't.

What? So, do customers see a different price for purchases instead of $5?

Yes. For $10, you get %80 i.e $8 and buyer pays extra 25% more i.e $12.5

For orders less than $50, additional transfer charged (from buyer) i.e $3.

• Like 7

On 3/30/2023 at 12:11 AM, katakatica said:

Hi, i appreciate your opinion mam/sir, you are outstanding with your explanation.

can you please check my GIGs too. i seriously don't know why there is not a single click on my gigs. Is there any reasons mam/sir? pls...here are my two gigs. what else should i change in those two gigs. Can you please help me?

https://www.fiverr.com/oniedutta36/wordpress-data-entry-virtual-assistant-product-listing-content-upload

https://www.fiverr.com/oniedutta36/b2b-lead-generation-business-leads-linkedin-leads-data-entry

• Like 4