I have a huge problem with a seller, please help me

vfuturedj

Question

Hi, long story short: I tried to make a 3d model with this person and when the project it's delivered, I thought everything was ok and I rated it 5 stars. But when I send the blender project to another 3d artist to animate the model, he told me this is poorly done and he can't work with it because of this:

1. The peak is wrong, it does not finish being pointed how it should be.
2. The body is wrong, it does not have a separation in geometry in the yellow part that it should have, in addition to not having the shape it should.
3. The feathers are bad because of their lack of amplitude, it seems as if they had super short wings.
4. The face is wrong because of the enormous lack of similarity between the model and the reference image, the part where the eyelid cuts the eye does not exist, the curves of the same eyelid are rare, and they have a poor flow of geometry.
5. There are no UVS, if you wanted to paint and give details to the textures it would be impossible.

So... Can I get a refund? This is basically a scam because he's not qualified for this job.

Here I have the reference draw I designed and what he delivered to me. This was yesterday, what a disappointment.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17zR72ZDxiwLbNdtouZSLeQ0alK5vmCaG/view?usp=share_link

pollito.jpg

• Like 17
  • Up 1

11 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, vfuturedj said:

Hi, long story short: I tried to make a 3d model with this person and when the project it's delivered, I thought everything was ok and I rated it 5 stars. But when I send the blender project to another 3d artist to animate the model, he told me this is poorly done and he can't work with it because of this:

1. The peak is wrong, it does not finish being pointed how it should be.
2. The body is wrong, it does not have a separation in geometry in the yellow part that it should have, in addition to not having the shape it should.
3. The feathers are bad because of their lack of amplitude, it seems as if they had super short wings.
4. The face is wrong because of the enormous lack of similarity between the model and the reference image, the part where the eyelid cuts the eye does not exist, the curves of the same eyelid are rare, and they have a poor flow of geometry.
5. There are no UVS, if you wanted to paint and give details to the textures it would be impossible.

So... Can I get a refund? This is basically a scam because he's not qualified for this job.

Here I have the reference draw I designed and what he delivered to me. This was yesterday, what a disappointment.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17zR72ZDxiwLbNdtouZSLeQ0alK5vmCaG/view?usp=share_link

pollito.jpg

why is it scam? you accepted the job because you liked it, you haven't been scammed.

My opinion? you should contact the seller and ask if under payment he can make the changes you need for 3D animate.

• Like 13
  • Up 1

The problem is this is not what I paid for, the other artist told me he can't work with this because of these reasons. So it would be even more expensive to correct something that is worse than make it from scratch. It's like you don't know anything about carpentry, then you ask to make a bed. You pay for the bed and when you are in your house and go to sleep, it breaks. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vfuturedj said:

The problem is this is not what I paid for, the other artist told me he can't work with this because of these reasons. So it would be even more expensive to correct something that is worse than make it from scratch. It's like you don't know anything about carpentry, then you ask to make a bed. You pay for the bed and when you are in your house and go to sleep, it breaks. 

Ok, ask to second seller to cancel your order and you can search a new seller that is doing what you need, maybe contact the seller first before buy the service.

• Like 12
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Always check the 3d model in your preferred software before marking an order as complete, Here's what you can do.

1. You can ask the seller to do the modifications as complimentary.

2. It seems like a very simple/basic project, you can ask your animation artist to make it work.

3. You can hire another artist to uv unwrap and to retopo the model.

I have been working in the cg industry for 4 yrs now, feel free to get in touch if you have further doubts.

https://www.fiverr.com/cgpros?public_mode=true

• Like 12

2 hours ago, cgpros said:

Always check the 3d model in your preferred software before marking an order as complete, Here's what you can do.

1. You can ask the seller to do the modifications as complimentary.

2. It seems like a very simple/basic project, you can ask your animation artist to make it work.

3. You can hire another artist to uv unwrap and to retopo the model.

I have been working in the cg industry for 4 yrs now, feel free to get in touch if you have further doubts.

https://www.fiverr.com/cgpros?public_mode=true

Can you make me the model and do the rigging for 3d vtuber avatar?

• Like 9

14 hours ago, vfuturedj said:

On the order page did you tell the Seller that you needed the model for an animation or rigging? 3D models are not all the same, some people print them, some people use them in games and simulations and some people want to animate them or rig them. (There's probably even more scenarios)

• Like 9
  • Up 2

52 minutes ago, maxtpf said:

On the order page did you tell the Seller that you needed the model for an animation or rigging? 3D models are not all the same, some people print them, some people use them in games and simulations and some people want to animate them or rig them. (There's probably even more scenarios)

I wanna ask the same. I am not on the seller side but it seems like there are a lack of details. That's why this result. In my opinion it is not a scam but you might ask a 3D model but forget to mention that you will rig it after that. 

• Like 10

1. First negotiate with seller about issue

(if seller doesn't respond or cooperate, go to next step)

2. If confident seller sent incomplete according to details you provided and also aren't willing to revise

then file case on fiverr customer service against seller (ask to make seller revise or refund money)

they will disable their withdrawals and may refund from it

• Like 9

Communicate with the seller: Start by reaching out to the seller through the Fiverr messaging system. Clearly explain the problem you're facing and try to work towards a resolution through open and constructive communication. Give the seller an opportunity to understand your concerns and provide a satisfactory solution.

• Like 6