Price Changes Once I Publish My Gig

voiceofjordyn

Question

Hey! I'm a VO artist, and am new to offering my services on Fiverr.

So, after comparing priced of other VO artists on here I determined what I wanted to charge. After publishing my gig I saw that the price on my gig page was higher than what I had determined I wanted to charge. I am sure there is a good reason for this but I am unsure how/why Fiverr does this. Do they add a certain percentage to myt base price? Do the prices that I put in the price page go to me, and then the amounted added goes to Fiverr?

I would love a breakdown of how this works. Thank you in advance!

Cheers!

Edited by voiceofjordyn
  • Like 8

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, voiceofjordyn said:

Hey! I'm a VO artist, and am new to offering my services on Fiverr.

So, after comparing priced of other VO artists on here I determined what I wanted to charge. After publishing my gig I saw that the price on my gig page was higher than what I had determined I wanted to charge. I am sure there is a good reason for this but I am unsure how/why Fiverr does this. Do they add a certain percentage to myt base price? Do the prices that I put in the price page go to me, and then the amounted added goes to Fiverr?

I would love a breakdown of how this works. Thank you in advance!

Cheers!

fiverr will take 20% from your orders

• Like 9

If the difference is 20%, then the reason would be that fee Fiverr deducts as a buyer’s service fee, or maybe you can see what Fiverr would charge to your clients (because Fiverr also charges them a little service fee when they purchase). However, usually they take out that % from your revenue, meaning that if you put a USD 50 price to your gig, once the order is completed you’ll see a message saying that you earned USD 40 from the order - USD 10 will be the Fiverr’s fee. If none of this applies to your situation, you should contact CS.

• Like 9

Fiverr doesn't add anything to the price you set. They do charge 20% commission, but that's a different topic altogether. I don't think that's what you are asking. From what I understand, you are saying that you set a price, but when you visit the gig page, the price is higher than what you set. Are you setting the price to $10, but when you go to the gig, the price is $14.45 instead of $10? If yes, the reason is that you are setting the price in USD, but when you visit the gig page, you are seeing the price in CAD.

• Like 5