Gigs gone yet again

dianeofmusgrave

Question

Hi

My gigs are gone again. This is the third time in a month, last time they were gone for a week. They were just starting to come right and I woke up and checked search and they are gone again. I searched all my keywords and filtered by South Africa my country. I was on the first page of the keyword search "midjourney" and "teach midjourney" and I am just gone. I was plagiarized and reported it yesterday.  Please explain to me why someone who plagiarized me hasn't even budged in ranking but I am gone for the third time in a month? I have had no negative reviews only 5 star positive reviews,  no non-reviews either. I have been getting gigs and everything has been on time. Please tell me why this has happened. Last time I was told there could be internal reasons, can someone please tell me what they could be?. Do you think I am being targeted and reported by someone? If someone doesn't tell me what is wrong how can I fix it? I did have a canceled gig but that was sorted and I was told by support that it wouldn't affect my score because the situation was out of my control and due to the client being out of the country.

Any advice would be appreciated, I have written to support asking for help as well. I just don't understand, it's almost cruel.

Thanks

• Like 15

13 answers to this question

57 minutes ago, dianeofmusgrave said:

Any advice would be appreciated, I have written to support asking for help as well. I just don't understand, it's almost cruel.

Thanks

Hi @dianeofmusgrave, this last one might have been due to a negative private review. This can affect your account for 90 days or more. Buyers can give you 5-star public reviews and then choose to score you really low in the private ones. These do affect your visibility in search. I saw that you have awesome reviews and the only slightly negative comment was really based on the limitations of Midjourney itself (and wondered if that led to a negative private review since that buyer also didn't leave a perfect 5-star public review).

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Hi @dianeofmusgrave, this last one might have been due to a negative private review. This can affect your account for 90 days or more. Buyers can give you 5-star public reviews and then choose to score you really low in the private ones. These do affect your visibility in search. I saw that you have awesome reviews and the only slightly negative comment was really based on the limitations of Midjourney itself (and wondered if that led to a negative private review since that buyer also didn't leave a perfect 5-star public review).

Thank you so much for replying. I remember that order it was a nightmare. That was quite a while ago though it's possible I got a bad private review in the last 90 days I guess. I am 99% sure all the clients since my gigs came back were happy though and my performance was going up and up, so I am very confused. There was that canceled gig but support said it wouldn't impact because it wasn't my fault. The canceled gig and the reported plagiarism are the only things that I can think of. I

This yoyo is just torture. With no one to say why. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, dianeofmusgrave said:

This yoyo is just torture. With no one to say why. 

I actually never look for myself in search because search is so dynamic - what you see in search isn't what your buyers will see and the search results change for each search that you do.

It's better to just look at the impressions, clicks, and orders on your dashboard to see how you are doing over time. Impressions are related to how relevant the system thinks you are when buyers search for your services. This is affected by your seller performance, appearance quality, and delivery quality, as well as your gig tags, titles, and gig descriptions. The clicks are related to how attractive your gig card is to buyers when you do show up in search. And the number of orders compared to the clicks will show how good you are at converting buyers into orders (i.e., how compelling your gigs and profile are to your buyers).

Another thing to remember is, search results are not just based on what you do, it's also based on how your competition is doing. So if someone has more orders, is delivering faster, is responding quicker, or is doing better than you in any of the seller quality metrics, they will be shown higher up in search than you are.

• Like 11
  • Up 4

I just clicked through the categories (no searching) and filtered for south africa and none of my gigs are there either. This happened last time too everything just wiped out. This started this morning. so I won't see the effect on impressions in my analytics yet. I have also created a new gig hoping it will trigger something.

• Like 10

15 hours ago, dianeofmusgrave said:

My gigs are gone again.

I was plagiarized and reported it yesterday. 

13 hours ago, dianeofmusgrave said:

and the reported plagiarism are the only things that I can think of.

Hi, @dianeofmusgrave. Yes, having been plagiarised might be the reason why your gig disappeared. It happened to me not long ago. 

From time to time, I check to see if there are any sellers plagiarising any of my gigs and there was when I found that not only had one of my gig descriptions been stolen, but my gig had also disappeared. I didn't notice until then.

I reported the seller for plagiarism, letting CS know about my gig not showing up on search and kindly asking them to please look into it. The next day, everything was solved! The seller's gig was taken down (hopefully, with the seller getting a warning) and mine was back on search!

Edited by maitasun
  • Like 9
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi

My gigs are gone again. This is the third time in a month, last time they were gone for a week. They were just starting to come right and I woke up and checked search and they are gone again. I searched all my keywords and filtered by South Africa my country. I was on the first page of the keyword search "midjourney" and "teach midjourney" and I am just gone. I was plagiarized and reported it yesterday.  Please explain to me why someone who plagiarized me hasn't even budged in ranking but I am gone for the third time in a month? I have had no negative reviews only 5 star positive reviews,  no non-reviews either. I have been getting gigs and everything has been on time. Please tell me why this has happened. Last time I was told there could be internal reasons, can someone please tell me what they could be?. Do you think I am being targeted and reported by someone? If someone doesn't tell me what is wrong how can I fix it? I did have a canceled gig but that was sorted and I was told by support that it wouldn't affect my score because the situation was out of my control and due to the client being out of the country.

Thanks

maybe one or some of your clients left private negative feedback and it is going to destroy your performance

• Like 9

7 hours ago, venonusa said:

maybe one or some of your clients left private negative feedback and it is going to destroy your performance

7 hours ago, maitasun said:

Hi, @dianeofmusgrave. Yes, having been plagiarised might be the reason why your gig disappeared. It happened to me not long ago. 

From time to time, I check to see if there are any sellers plagiarising any of my gigs and there was when I found that not only had one of my gig descriptions been stolen, but my gig had also disappeared. I didn't notice until then.

I reported the seller for plagiarism, letting CS know about my gig not showing up on search and kindly asking them to please look into it. The next day, everything was solved! The seller's gig was taken down (hopefully, with the seller getting a warning) and mine was back on search!

So I checked today and as I thought impressions fallen to zero.

I checked the four gigs I had since my gigs reappeared in search. 3 of them left tips and the fourth has been in contact with positive questions since. 

I did report the plagiarism, once in support and nothing happened for a few days so I reported on the actual gig and my gig was removed shortly after. 

Meanwhile in search the guy who plagiarized me is ranking at the top of the page. 

My stats have only risen not fallen. 

Support are saying there is nothing they can do and they Dont guarantee anything. I have asked for confirmation that the canceled gig (that they told me would not be a problem) has not affected my gigs and that the duplication/ report of  the plagiarised gig is not the problem. 

The person I reported is a level 2 seller. His gig title is very similar to mine too. 

Mine is teach you to use midjourney like a pro

His is teach you to use midjourney like a professional 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, dianeofmusgrave said:

The person I reported is a level 2 seller. His gig title is very similar to mine too. 

Mine is teach you to use midjourney like a pro

His is teach you to use midjourney like a professional 

he took your gig image? because plagiarized only for the title is not enough

• Like 8

5 hours ago, venonusa said:

he took your gig image? because plagiarized only for the title is not enough

He used my title and copied my opening paragraph in the description of the gig. I have just changed my description but I have screenshots. I know specifically that he copied and pasted because he copied an unusual spelling mistake. He hasn't copied my images. 

At this point I will be happy to change my title if it will mean I get my gigs back.

• Like 8

And here is the response from support

Hi again,

This process is facilitated by our algorithm and we are not familiar with the metrics it uses to calculate and decide whether certain gigs will be removed from the search or not.

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about this as gigs' visibility can't be manually altered.

At this point, I would suggest doing some changes to your gigs, such as descriptions, updated cover photos, and SEO work. Try taking Skill tests in order to show off your skills and share your Gig on social media by clicking on the social media buttons on the right-hand side of your Gig.

So there you have it.

I guess you just live in fear.....

I have changed all my photos and descriptions. I even altered some tags and titles. I will try doing some skills tests. I already share on social media with my linktree

I think I will also just change the title of the teaching Gig.

• Like 7

Now a days most of the sellers had this issue. 

I will explain you how to avoid it. 

1. Provide the quality work.
  2. Try to provide work with in time(as fast as you can).
  3. Revisions its most important for us because when buyer want a revision then most of seller's provide the revisions after 12 to 24h. it's affect our seller profile because if we provide revisions late then seller's give us negative rating on private review page. (For example we provide basic plan in 2 days and we provide our order at last two or three hours then buyer comeback after two days and ask for revisions and we did revisions after 16 to 24 hours then the private review page show buyer that the actual order time was two days but it's delivered in 5 days. When it's happened try to extend the delivery time)
  4. Respect your buyer because it's increases their trust on us and fiverr.

Bonus Tip;

If your gig is d-ranked then try to share your gig and get more order's and provide quality work. If you share your gig and get more than 5 to 10 order's then you are automatically get your gig at same spot.

Most of people asked they get their gig back at top spot after 60 to 90 days its because of that they get 5 to 10 order's in this time period from their returning buyers. 

I hope it's helps you.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Seemgraph 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, seemgraph said:

Now a days most of the sellers had this issue. 

I will explain you how to avoid it. 

1. Provide the quality work.
  2. Try to provide work with in time(as fast as you can).
  3. Revisions its most important for us because when buyer want a revision then most of seller's provide the revisions after 12 to 24h. it's affect our seller profile because if we provide revisions late then seller's give us negative rating on private review page. (For example we provide basic plan in 2 days and we provide our order at last two or three hours then buyer comeback after two days and ask for revisions and we did revisions after 16 to 24 hours then the private review page show buyer that the actual order time was two days but it's delivered in 5 days. When it's happened try to extend the delivery time)
  4. Respect your buyer because it's increases their trust on us and fiverr.

Bonus Tip;

If your gig is d-ranked then try to share your gig and get more order's and provide quality work. If you share your gig and get more than 5 to 10 order's then you are automatically get your gig at same spot.

Most of people asked they get their gig back at top spot after 60 to 90 days its because of that they get 5 to 10 order's in this time period from their returning buyers. 

I hope it's helps you.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Seemgraph 

Thank you so much for the feedback 

In the time between my gigs reappearing and disappearing I had 4 gigs, they all left positive 5 star reviews and 3 of them tipped me. The one gig was extended but hadn't become late. I'm unsure how these could have led to a bad private review. Can you leave a positive review and still leave a bad private review? 

My delivery score was low previously because of a scheduling issue with a student but it had climbed from 70 to 74 so it has only been improving in the days leading up to this. This low score may have led to the initial disappearance of the gigs but why the most recent disappearance when it was improving so nicely? 

I did add a video to one gig (which as you know they encourage) which was approved but I have now deleted it just in case that was the issue. I used my own images, audio available on canva and my own voice talking on the video. 

I haven't just lost ranking, I am completely wiped off of Fiverr. All I have is a link to a gig page. 

The fact that I can’t get an answer why is both maddening and worrying. According to support, from what I understand of their reply, they dont know why themselves and even if they did they couldn't do anything about it. 

• Like 7

Hi I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all their help.

My gigs have snapped back into place and are ranking better than they were before. I know it may sound like my gigs just didn't appear to me in search in particular but They were also all gone in the listed categories. 

I drastically changed the gigs and created a new one. I can only think this helped. Why this happened to me I still don't know.. I have feeling without an answer as to way it is all too easy for it to happen again.

And I want to confirm that I definitely did not get a bad private review because I was tipped by 3 of the orders and the fourth reached out to me this morning and told me how happy they are.

Anyway, thank you again to everyone who commented and tried to help

• Like 5