Help, this buyer is also a seller, and sells the same stuff he requested me to do, is it a scam?

victorialila

Question

Hi fiverr friends, i am very suspicious about this buyer, he wanted to order from one of my gigs, but when i look at his profile, he does exactly the same stuff I do and is a level 2 seller, so I dont understand, im afraid he will cancel my order once its done and re-sell what I did. Am i beeing to paranoid? any advices?

• Like 4

3 answers to this question

Hello,

There were situations where a buyer bought the same/similar services as the one they provide for whatever reason.
For example I am a translator and I was asked to translate something by another translator, but he clearly explained why he was asking me to work on it,
and his explanation made sense to me.
I'm not sure why this person is wanting to place an order from you, what you can try is to let him/her know that you are aware that you both offer the same services, and that you are a little curious as to why he/she is interested in placing an order. Be sure to sound friendly though. You can decide what to do after the person replies. If you sense something fishy, just politely decline.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

On 2/22/2023 at 12:31 PM, victorialila said:

Hi fiverr friends, i am very suspicious about this buyer, he wanted to order from one of my gigs, but when i look at his profile, he does exactly the same stuff I do and is a level 2 seller, so I dont understand, im afraid he will cancel my order once its done and re-sell what I did. Am i beeing to paranoid? any advices?

Rather than asking us you may want to ask the potential buyer. I am a VO artist and routinely order VO's from other sellers when I need an additional voice for a project. 

• Like 7

On 2/22/2023 at 7:31 PM, victorialila said:

Hi fiverr friends, i am very suspicious about this buyer, he wanted to order from one of my gigs, but when i look at his profile, he does exactly the same stuff I do and is a level 2 seller,

I remember, when I was relatively new to the site, getting an order from a TRS who offered the same service as I did; she was working on a personal project and simply got a writer's block.

Politely ask your buyer why they want to hire you. They might have a perfectly legitimate reason.

• Like 5