Buyer request to do academic work.

venushka_r

Question

I got an inquiry for create some posters for a commercial brand from a new buyer. But the brief he sent me looks like it's some kind of university assignment. I aware that doing academic works on Fiverr is a terms and condition violation. So, I directly asked buyer is that a university assignment.

He has not responded yet. If he'll said yes, I'll explain him and will get rid of doing that project. but my question is,

- What if he said No? If he fraudulently told me that it was not a university assignment and I completed the project, would I have a copyright problem in any way?

Need expert advice on this.

Thank You

Edited by venushka_r
  • Like 6
  • Up 1

2 answers to this question

6 hours ago, venushka_r said:

But the brief he sent me looks like it's some kind of university assignment. I aware that doing academic works on Fiverr is a terms and condition violation.

At that point, I decline the project saying it's not something I do. If there's something suspicious, no matter what the buyer says, I stay away from it. Trust your instincts. As the saying goes -  "It's better to be safe, than sorry."

It won't hurt you to decline the project. It will hurt if you get a warning for doing student work. Your account may even be shut down.

• Like 7