Any Van lifers/off grid people on here?

funkyfamily

Hello to everyone! Was thinking to myself, I wonder if there are any people out there using Fiverr as a source of income to live off grid? No, I don't personally have experience with this.  It is an intriguing topic to lots of people in today's world. If you do use Fiverr for this or any other avenues. You should comment and send a little info on your experience with it! I'm sure many people will chime in and find it interesting! Thanks!

• Like 11

Hey! I don't live off the grid or anything, but I wanted to comment that I didn't know onr could live off the grid and work on Fiverr if electricity and internet are required. I guess it would possible with a cell phone's hot spot and a fully charged laptop, if the phone towers reach that far. 

I have considered buying a tiny house, though, but then I realized that I like space and would go crazy if I couldn't have quiet/space time to myself. Personal time is a big deal. The only exception is my dog 🙂

• Like 12
  • Congrats! 1

21 hours ago, words_to_wow said:

I didn't know onr could live off the grid and work on Fiverr if electricity and internet are required.

Living off the grid doesn't necessarily mean you don't have electricity or internet. You can have solar panels, for example, and use a hotspot.

• Like 10
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

DSC_1278.thumb.JPG.20883defbbb8aa2ebc81ca6372dcc0f9.JPGLast year, my Fiverr business went really well and I bought a motorhome for some off-grid living. It was supposed to be a top-end model (as far as UK ones go, nothing like the big RVs in the US). 

My partner and I wanted to kill each other within a few weeks of cramped, unhygienic living and struggling to find places to shower and fill up the various supplies. Then we struggled to go off grid because everywhere we parked, someone/authority would have a problem with it. 🙂 We struggled to sleep as I work nights and he does mostly days, ha. We'd been living in a tiny home in rural Scotland prior to this, and never had a problem with any of these things.

Keeping it clean when constantly traipsing through mud was problematic, and we were often spending £20 a night ($25) just to get a parking spot in another pile of mud as the UK doesn't have plentiful stopping places, and we needed to top up with power quite a bit despite solar panels. Going to get a pint of milk and small supplies was awkward in a giant beast the supermarkets did not like in their carparks, and it was no fun having to assemble bed cushions all the time or wipe the condensation off the sleep cushions. 

Showering in communal showers where people were not particularly clean was no joy.

The toilet seemed to permanently need emptying and the water tank was always empty, ha. We had a great awning that was soon covered in yet more mud on the inside.

I bought the van in the September 2021, and sold it back to the dealer in July 2022!

The cats enjoyed it though. The three amigos are seen here! No idea why the image keeps turning upside down; I keep correcting it! No, we did not visit Australia. 🙂

Edited by anniejenkinson
Image won't stay right way up!
  • Like 12
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

@words_to_wow I guess tesla makes a pretty advanced Wi-Fi system called StarLink for off grid internet users! @catwriter definitely solar! I hate those mobile hotspots though! I don't think that would work! @newsmike You lost me, bud! @anniejenkinson Luckily for VanLifers in the PNW, people don't care about parking here! Your parking situations seems horrendous! I would not want to be living like that at all, at least you have kitties! Thanks for taking time and responding to this post!

• Like 7