GIG help needed for orders urgently please

itwebg

• itwebg changed the title to GIG help needed for orders urgently please

You're okay building a "4 or more pages" business website for $5? Yes you did mention basic but that's below minimum wage in Australia if I assume correctly that's where you currently based/from. Even your premium package is just about minimum wage. If I'm not mistaken Fiverr has set a suggested minimum for full website services to be at least $80 or it won't be optimized in the search.

You should be consistent with the portfolio you are listing in one of your gigs its ssconsultancy.au which leads to nothing, which I think your project really is the one with ".com" -- I don't understand why your client who offers website designing still asked you to do their website. Its a basic website that they could have done themselves.

Study your competition and see how they presented themselves. 

• Like 23

Thank you, i have changed my pricing, however I was actually on the team of desiging and optimising their websites. So they actually have a lot more clients, but what i really need help is getting listed at the moment, I'm using the following tags: website design, website, website development, website designer and wordpress.

I also was looking about my competition, and what I found in their descriptions, is that they list their services. Then they use good pictures, and prices from $5 - $300.

But I'm wondering how I'm going to get orders, if I'm not listed on the Relevance filter option.

I would truly appreciate any more advice

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 2.24.15 pm.png

Edited by itwebg
  • Like 12

29 minutes ago, itwebg said:

But I'm wondering how I'm going to get orders, if I'm not listed on the Relevance filter option.

Why are you expecting Fiverr to "get you orders"? Figure out who your target customers are, learn about their needs, and get out there (wherever they are located), and market your services to them. Think like a businessman/woman, not a dependant charity.

• Like 13
  • Up 5

1 minute ago, itwebg said:

But I'm just wondering if there is any way I can improve my GIG

Of course there are, but you will only figure out those ways through trial, error, and experimentation. Only you know what appeals to your target customers. Asking us to do your work for you -- so that you don't have to experiment for success on your own -- is not how you grow as a freelancer.

What do your target customers respond to? What kind of imagery do they like? What do you think you can do to better capture their attention, so that they choose to hire you, and not one of your thousands of competitors?

• Like 10
  • Up 4

44 minutes ago, itwebg said:

There are a lot of sellers already in the vertical you are in, so it will be difficult to be in the first pages to appear in that filter and naturally get orders from buyers "searching" for your service. 

You can verify if your gig is appearing on the search results through this link -> https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/selling-on-fiverr/gigs/gig-status

Anyway, its a difficult time to easily get an order right now on Fiverr because of the competition. You will have to stand out, its natural for buyers to go with those with a lot of reviews already.

If you have clients outside of Fiverr it will help to bring them in and purchase from you here on Fiverr, Fiverr appreciates you bringing in traffic to the site (of course not the other way around - bringing clients from Fiverr to the outside).

Offer them a discount or a promo if they purchase from your gigs. When you have a couple of good feedback (public and private) already, you will be more "visible" in the search and you will hopefully get more orders organically.

But again, competition is tough and nothing is assured. Just try it out and see what works!

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 14
  • Up 3

34 minutes ago, itwebg said:

Thanks,

I lowered my prices, and added the keyword cheap, it helps a lot 

thanks guys

Ok, Here is some feedback from a fellow website designer. 

1) I can't see any of the websites you have built on your portfolio. You have just two gig images and neither have a website you have built on there.  If people can't see your standard of work then they won't buy off you.

2) Scrap the HTML, CSS, Javascript text on your images.  In my opinion, people just want a website, and they don't know, or care want any of this means

3) Take your profile link down, it's against the Fiverr TOS

4) Complete the FAQ section of your gig.  

5) Take the word cheap out of your gig title. You're devaluing the work you do. 

Good Luck! 

• Like 16
  • Up 4

I'd suggest watching YouTube videos to figure this out and extensively read through the forum as this very question, I'm sure, has been answered a thousand times over.

Price accordingly, follow the rules, and be nice and professional (or not, if that's the angle you're going for). Staying online for as much as possible also helps.

Good luck with your gigs and business! ❤️

• Like 7

2 hours ago, catwriter said:

Bad idea. People watch YouTube videos, follow the advice they see there, and get banned.

Oof! Should've worded myself better there.

They should follow CREDIBLE sources.

Avoid videos with clickbait titles and get-rich-quick tones.

There are tone of good faith, Fiverr affiliated channels with helpful advice and endless wealth of wisdom.

But with that being said, don't just blindly trust everything you hear. Also cross-check all the facts you are given with Fiverr's TOS and do your due diligence and your own research as well.

I think that covers all the bases. Surely no one can exploit and find loopholes to that...right? /s

• Like 6
  • Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so happy to find this thread because I have the same mistakes. I'm so tired of working on minimum wage and I was to develop my career. I was disappointed because of such a little count of clients, but now I understand why it's happening. I research the theme of minimum wage and its impact on others a lot (I wanted to make sure I'm not the one) and must say that all the society and the government must work on making it bigger. But that's too complicated and a long process, that's why I choose freelance...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2023 at 6:16 PM, euphemism11 said:

I'm so happy to find this thread because I have the same mistakes. I'm so tired of working on minimum wage and I was to develop my career. I was disappointed because of such a little count of clients, but now I understand why it's happening. I research the theme of the minimum wage here https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/minimum-wage/ and its impact on others a lot (I wanted to make sure I'm not the one) and must say that all the society and the government must work on making it bigger. But that's too complicated and a long process, that's why I choose freelance...

And I also manage to get 96 impressions and 15 clicks on one of my gigs, it helped

• Like 3
  • Congrats! 1

On 1/4/2023 at 11:08 PM, theratypist said:

There are a lot of sellers already in the vertical you are in, so it will be difficult to be in the first pages to appear in that filter and naturally get orders from buyers "searching" for your service. 

You can verify if your gig is appearing on the search results through this link -> https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/selling-on-fiverr/gigs/gig-status

Anyway, its a difficult time to easily get an order right now on Fiverr because of the competition. You will have to stand out, its natural for buyers to go with those with a lot of reviews already.

If you have clients outside of Fiverr it will help to bring them in and purchase from you here on Fiverr, Fiverr appreciates you bringing in traffic to the site (of course not the other way around - bringing clients from Fiverr to the outside).

Offer them a discount or a promo if they purchase from your gigs. When you have a couple of good feedback (public and private) already, you will be more "visible" in the search and you will hopefully get more orders organically.

But again, competition is tough and nothing is assured. Just try it out and see what works!

@theratypist

I'm also a new seller who hasn't gotten an order or matched with a buyer brief yet. Would u maybe take a peak at my gigs and offer any advice? I've recently shortened my gig title and added a video to try to increase the attractiveness of my gig, but nothing seems to work. I tried to be thoughtful in my descriptions, and my prices are rock bottom. I'm not sure what to do from here. I'm willing to continue to make changes but I don't know what further changes to make.

https://www.fiverr.com/share/25Rv4X

https://www.fiverr.com/share/D0vWxo

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lyricsandlogos said:

I'm also a new seller who hasn't gotten an order or matched with a buyer brief yet. Would u maybe take a peak at my gigs and offer any advice? I've recently shortened my gig title and added a video to try to increase the attractiveness of my gig, but nothing seems to work. I tried to be thoughtful in my descriptions, and my prices are rock bottom. I'm not sure what to do from here. I'm willing to continue to make changes but I don't know what further changes to make.

https://www.fiverr.com/share/25Rv4X

https://www.fiverr.com/share/D0vWxo

Hey there, I'm unfortunately not an expert on your gig vertical. I would suggest to study how your competitors are presenting themselves and you'll see what's working for them. I'm not sure about the demand about your handwritten calligraphy gig but there are definitely people who purchase custom songs for birthdays or just occasions in general. Type the words, "calligraphy" and "custom song" and you'll see a lot of those already established selling those services, understand how to position yourself better - study (don't copy) their description, their gig image, do they have a video, what exactly is their offer (and see what they might not be offering so you have a unique selling point).

From a buyer's standpoint, your custom rap might need a better example on an actual song and not just the harmony (?), question mark because I'm not sure if I'm using the right term, I just mean we need to hear the actual words because you did say "song lyrics" on the title.

With that said, its also really difficult to get an order (naturally) on Fiverr, given that a lot of people are already established in your vertical. And it makes sense to most buyers to already purchase those with a proven track record. So it will absolutely help if you promote yourself outside of Fiverr and bring traffic to your own gig. Maybe your local community has an event coming, offer your services, etc. Once you have sales, you will be more "visible" in the algorithm and get more "organic" orders. Hope this helps.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Hey there, I'm unfortunately not an expert on your gig vertical. I would suggest to study how your competitors are presenting themselves and you'll see what's working for them. I'm not sure about the demand about your handwritten calligraphy gig but there are definitely people who purchase custom songs for birthdays or just occasions in general. Type the words, "calligraphy" and "custom song" and you'll see a lot of those already established selling those services, understand how to position yourself better - study (don't copy) their description, their gig image, do they have a video, what exactly is their offer (and see what they might not be offering so you have a unique selling point).

From a buyer's standpoint, your custom rap might need a better example on an actual song and not just the harmony (?), question mark because I'm not sure if I'm using the right term, I just mean we need to hear the actual words because you did say "song lyrics" on the title.

With that said, its also really difficult to get an order (naturally) on Fiverr, given that a lot of people are already established in your vertical. And it makes sense to most buyers to already purchase those with a proven track record. So it will absolutely help if you promote yourself outside of Fiverr and bring traffic to your own gig. Maybe your local community has an event coming, offer your services, etc. Once you have sales, you will be more "visible" in the algorithm and get more "organic" orders. Hope this helps.

thank you, I will try to incorporate this advice

• Like 3