Uncertainty

Guest aysefmlk

Question

Guest aysefmlk

Recently, I took a job on Fiverr. The client had terrible communication on her end and after trying to make her understand the requirements she was still unable to convey. The reason was her lack of proficiency in English.

I wrote a statement for her and she told me that she decided to change her major and I was okay with it I wrote the statement all over again and I never charged her extra.

So, she was gone for days and she never got back with her response and the gig was automatically marked as complete. I sent her follow-up messages and wanted to know her response but she never came back.

Yesterday, she asked me to “refund” or she will “see” me “in rating”. I politely told her that if there is something we can still fix the matter. We can still revise it, whatever you don’t like. Because honestly I did not know how to refund after gig was marked complete.

I recently learned that one of my gigs have been “denied” because it was against Fiverr’s  terms of service.
My gig never violated Fiverr’s terms of service. All I did was to write a personal statements for the university.
I believe someone reported it only because they wanted a refund after they also got the order from me. They reported the gig only due to their personal grudge and dispute. I urge you to look into the matter and restore my gig because it doesn’t violates TOS in any way! Because why would I do that? I reported the matter to Fiverr Support. Do you think I stand a chance that my issue would be resolved and my gig would be restored??

4 answers to this question

45 minutes ago, aysefmlk said:

But that's pretty much everyone does on Fiverr

It means that they weren’t caught yet. 

45 minutes ago, aysefmlk said:

why would Fiverr allow my gig in the first place if its violated TOS

Because they don’t check it when you just place your gig, it’s an automated process and thousands of gigs being posted every day. 

• Like 7

Guest aysefmlk
48 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

That is TOS violation to write personal statements for the university…. 

But that's pretty much everyone does on Fiverr and why would Fiverr allow my gig in the first place if its violated TOS? Because Statements are like cover letters I write them based on the information client provides.

2 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

That is TOS violation to write personal statements for the university…. 

I did not know that writing "personal statement" for university admissions violated the Terms of Service. I had a "personal statement for refugees, asylum seekers" writing gig once... it got removed too. Perhaps all services involving writing a "personal statement" are not welcomed here.

• Like 7