Urgent Help! Buyer asking for a refund

rizwanrasool506

Question

Hi fiverr community!

The buyer was not satisfied with my work and now asking for a refund. I have no balance in my fiverr account as I have withdrawn the money. The order was of $280. I said I can refund only $100. She says she will file a complaint to fiverr support about refund. As I have no money in my fiverr, what possibly will customer support do? I mean I have no balance so how will they refund it back to the buyer? 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 answers to this question

If you have withdrawn your funds, it means the order was marked as completed by the buyer, so why is she complaining now?

And how would you return $100 to her? Contact outside of Fiverr, including financial transactions outside of Fiverr, is strictly forbidden.

Anyway, if the Customer Support agrees with her and refunds her, your Fiverr balance will become -$280.

• Like 7
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rizwanrasool506 said:

But when she insisted I agreed to pay $100.

But how would you do it? The order is closed, you have no way of refunding it. If you contact her outside of Fiverr to send her money, that's a huge violation of Fiverr's Terms of Service, and you could get permanently banned for it.

1 hour ago, rizwanrasool506 said:

What will happen now?

If she contacts Customer Support and convinces them that she's unsatisfied with your work, they might agree with her (especially since you state that all you care about is customer satisfaction and offer a satisfaction guarantee) and refund her. It would be a full refund. Partial refunds don't exist on Fiverr. And if that happens, your balance will be in the negative (-$280). Your new earnings (once you get new orders, if you get them) will go to pay off that negative balance.

• Like 8
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1