Profile Picture Confusion

guardianofcrete

Question

Okay, so I am a commissioned writer of erotic works who has been going for quite some time elsewhere. I am not new to this game by any means and I was thinking of moving to  Fiverr. However, it seems that I require a profile picture? I've done some looking around and there appears to be some disagreement. 

Some people say that it HAS to be a picture of you. A photo of good quality. Nothing else is acceptable. 

Some people say that it can be art or a representation of yourself, but still needs to show you.

Others say that you can  use a self-made logo which does not show your face but does reflect the services that you offer. 

I have spent the last hour or so trying to figure out which of these is actually true. To be blunt, as someone who makes erotic content i am not totally comfortable showing my face. I feel that's opening myself to problems down the road and even possible harassment (Yes, that happens. it sucks.) 

So  have come to ask this question officially, so to speak. What exactly is the requirement for a profile picture? 

• Like 6

3 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, guardianofcrete said:

What exactly is the requirement for a profile picture? 

Hi @guardianofcrete,

The Help Center states:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/4416325224977-Perfect-your-profile-picture?segment=seller

This can be an original image of you, your company's logo, or an image that represents your service. Make sure that you own the picture you upload. For more information, see Fiverr’s Community Standards.

Don't:

• Add an image of someone else, a celebrity, or an image that misrepresents your service
  • Use a GIF as your profile picture  

Please review the Community Standards as well as the Non-Original/Intellectual Property Standards to make sure you comply with those terms, too. You can find them here:

https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/intellectual-property

In short - the picture must be appropriate for all audiences, not misrepresent your services, and be your own design (not copyrighted). Please note that if you have previously posted your original image online elsewhere, it may be flagged for investigation due to possible copyright infringement (even it if is your own image).

• Like 6
  • Up 1

How about if you find your answer by reading this,
Perfect your profile picture

Your profile picture has the power to establish a sense of trust in you before starting a project. The image you choose as your profile photo is essential in helping you to attract clients, and stand out in Fiverr's large and competitive marketplace. 

Selecting your profile picture

Add an image of yourself

Show yourself clearly and face the front. This can be an original image of you, your company's logo, or an image that represents your service. Make sure that you own the picture you upload. For more information, see Fiverr’s Community Standards.

Don't:

• Add an image of someone else, a celebrity, or an image that misrepresents your service
  • Use a GIF as your profile picture  

Creating your profile picture

Show your actual face

We all want to exactly who we're working and communicating with. A profile picture, that clearly shows your face, gives clients a sense of your professionalism and shows buyers who you really are.

Don't: Partially cover your face. 

Focus on your face

Look directly at the camera. Only include your head and the top of your shoulders—crop your image If needed. Be sure to dress in a professional and respectful manner—and to smile! 

Use the best lighting

Natural light is best. Direct sunlight or cloudy conditions are the most ideal settings.

Avoid: Overhead light as it can cause harsh shadows to appear in your profile picture. 

Choose a simple background

A plain, solid, and lightly-colored background is ideal. 

Don't: Use a bright background color. 

Be authentic

Being professional is important, but you should also express your personality through your profile picture. Whether this dressing in your own unique style or fashioning your hair in a way that's uniquely you, there are always ways to show that special something you bring to the table.

Take your photo

If you take a photo of yourself, set up a tripod or balance your camera/phone on a flat surface. Alternatively, ask someone to take your photo. Take a few photos in different locations with various poses so that you have options to choose from. Choose the photo with the highest resolution.

Don't: Use a blurry or pixelated photo.

The above is from Fiverr Help. https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/4416325224977-Perfect-your-profile-picture?segment=seller.
Thank you.

• Like 5