We'd love to hear how you felt about your recent delivery from XXXXXX in private - Emails

Anyone else annoyed by these emails after getting a job done? The "We'd love to hear how you felt about your recent delivery from XXXXXX in private - Emails"   I get a job done and I leave a review, this should be end of story.  I do not want to be bothered by Fiverr for a backhanded extra review and I REALLY don't like being pressured into leaving a tip. 

If they do a good job, my tip is a good review & repeat patronage.  Is Fiverr an American company? Is that why the over emphasis on tipping?    If I want to leave one, then I leave it during the payment process.  Don't push me after the fact.  I'm guessing that the company takes a cut of the tip perhaps. A financial incentive for them to annoy the people who use their website.

• Like 9

Fiverr is a global company, from the first paragraph of the Terms of Service it's primary company is from Israel: "The following terms of service (these "Terms of Service"), govern your access to and use of the Fiverr website and mobile application, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through www.fiverr.com or the Fiverr mobile application (the "Site") by Fiverr International Ltd. (8 Kaplan St. Tel Aviv 6473409, Israel) and its subsidiaries: Fiverr Inc. (38 Greene St. NY 10013, NY, USA) and Fiverr Limited (Lemesou 11, 2112 Nicosia, Cyprus), as applicable. Fiverr International Ltd. and its subsidiaries are collectively referred hereto as "Fiverr" "we" or "us" and “you” or “user” means you as an user of the Site."

Also, yes they take 20% of tips, Fiverr makes more money when Buyers transfer more money on their platform, regardless of the reason of money transfer.

You can read more about tips on Fiverr here: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011454477-Buyer-FAQs?segment=buyer

Edited by atawin
  • Like 9

49 minutes ago, beijingerbob said:

Anyone else annoyed by these emails after getting a job done?

I agree! Since buyers are asked to leave three reviews for each order (2 private and 1 public), there are over 6 notifications that may go off to complete these reviews. On top of that, we are reminded to tip, which is annoying because even after you tip, you get the reminder to tip. It erases all goodwill a buyer has when tipping. 

59 minutes ago, beijingerbob said:

I'm guessing that the company takes a cut of the tip perhaps.

Fiverr gets 20% of every tip, just like it takes out 20% from each order. This is to prevent abuses that could happen if Fiverr didn't take a cut out of the tips (e.g., sellers could circumvent Fiverr's 20% fee on the order by putting the bulk of the order amount on the tip).

1 hour ago, beijingerbob said:

A financial incentive for them to annoy the people who use their website.

Fiverr has been pushing hard on getting buyers to buy, and to buy more. As soon as an order is placed, I'm immediately notified of other services that Fiverr has hand-picked for me to order. Whenever I do something n the site as a buyer, Fiverr picks it up and immediately starts sending recommendations to me. This is all aimed at making the buying experience easier. However, the notifications and recommendations are a bit spammy, in my opinion. It would be nice to opt out of certain things like the tip reminders and recommendations.

• Like 11
  • Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe we should apologize to you on behalf of the Fiverr community.

It's understandable that you don't find the follow up emails from Fiverr so cool. However, I hope you understand that there are customers who don't mind getting those mails. As a matter of fact, some people like to be reminded. 

About the suggested or selected gigs that Fiverr sends, it is called email marketing. 

That's one of the ways that Fiverr also present sellers' gigs to prospects. Those emails are automated and they are sent to every email address registered on Fiverr. 

What you can do is to unsubscribe from receiving mails. Or just ignore and delete any mail you don't like. 

Thank you for your continuous patronage on the Fiverr market place. 

NB: I am just a seller and not a Fiverr Rep. 

Please, bear with Fiverr. Wha

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...