Jump to content

New to Fiverr but an industry professional for 8+ years


Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm new to selling on Fiverr but have been an industry professional for 8+ years in the fields of Design and Animation. Have also been a buyer on Fiverr and worked with freelancers for various projects. I want to understand how can I establish and promote my experience here on Fiverr and grow my Seller profile.

Would love to hear out your experience here and discuss any ideas on Fiverr Marketing.

Cheers!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, teamslimpanda said:

I'm new to selling on Fiverr but have been an industry professional for 8+ years in the fields of Design and Animation.

9 minutes ago, teamslimpanda said:

Would love to hear out your experience here and discuss any ideas on Fiverr Marketing.

If you've been an industry professional for 8+ years -- successfully, I would assume, perhaps you can pursue the same marketing techniques that you used for the eight years before you joined Fiverr. I don't see why marketing would change, just because you host your services here, on Fiverr.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

If you've been an industry professional for 8+ years -- successfully, I would assume, perhaps you can pursue the same marketing techniques that you used for the eight years before you joined Fiverr. I don't see why marketing would change, just because you host your services here, on Fiverr.

Hi @jonbaas, thanks for taking the time to comment here. Apologies, I didn't realize it wasn't obvious in my post that I meant I wanted to discuss on any Fiverr specific marketing features that the platform might have, not general marketing.

I've been working with a fixed set of clients on retainers for years now, so not well acquainted with selling "gigs". Feels like I'm starting afresh, but I'm keen to learn any methods or tips that are specific to Fiverr Gigs or seller profile.

Thanks for sharing your views here, and I'll make sure to keep this in mind while posting on Forums next time.

Cheers! 😄

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, teamslimpanda said:

I meant I wanted to discuss on any Fiverr specific marketing features that the platform might have

Marketing is marketing. There are no secret/specific marketing techniques here on Fiverr. Once you have a great gig, that captures the attention of buyers in the Fiverr marketplace, then how you choose to market your services elsewhere, is entirely up to you and the market to which you are seeking to appeal.

18 minutes ago, teamslimpanda said:

I'm keen to learn any methods or tips that are specific to Fiverr Gigs or seller profile.

If you are looking for gig-specific methods and tips, then I encourage you to visit (and explore) the "Help & Support" section, linked from the bottom of any Fiverr site page.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you have some new clients to bring in and purchase your gig here that will help you get a better start than others. Its more challenging to just wait out your first (organic) order. Organic in the sense that people just purchase your gig directly after searching for the service, since there are already a lot of other sellers with more good feedback and sales. With a couple of initial orders on your belt, it will help you become more "visible" and will lead to what I described as "organic" orders earlier. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...