After Fiverr updated no order

rs_rahaman

Question

Fiverr is my only workplace. but after Fiverr updated I don't get any job and any message from the buyer. my last delivery before 18 days (it is very painful for a seller ). I already have a post on the Fiverr community Facebook group in Bangladesh, and there are a lot of sellers who told me about the problem. why the problem and how do we fix it?

• Like 10
  • Sad 8
  • Up 1

10 answers to this question

On 10/16/2022 at 5:26 AM, rs_rahaman said:

but after Fiverr updated I don't get any job and any message from the buyer.

And what specific Fiverr update are you referring to? What time? What date? What do you think was updated?

On 10/16/2022 at 5:26 AM, rs_rahaman said:

there are a lot of sellers who told me about the problem. why the problem and how do we fix it?

You not having orders in 18 days is not a Fiverr problem. You are responsible for earning all of your orders. Fiverr does not guarantee orders, nor is it their responsibility to make sure that you have orders. YOU are the only person that can make you successful.

Perhaps you are not doing enough to appeal to your target customers, and convince them to hire you. Perhaps your many competitors are offering a better service then you. Perhaps you are expecting things to be given to you, instead of working hard to craft a gig that captures attention. 

You probably don't want to hear this, but there is no problem with Fiverr. The problem is with you. You need to be a better seller, and that includes market research, understanding the needs of your target customers, and offering a services that out-competes your competition.

• Like 6
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aspnet_dev said:

before this new feature of matching / briefs, new users had an opportunity to pitch their offer to buyer's who needed related specific task done. but now removing the feature of buyer's request creates huge opportunity for well rated and existing freelancers but what opportunity alternative does this new feature bring for new seller when they (including me) have no previous record of delivery time, response rate, project completion score etc. so how will this algorithm of fiverr work for new user. as it clearly states in description of this new feature that "buyers will be matched with high rated sellers efficiently". Please help me understand this.

You still have the same opportunity to pitch an offer to buyers who need services like yours. Now, though, the potential buyers are matched to your services -- and are strong buyer candidates -- before you decide to pitch your offer. Everyone wins.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

44 minutes ago, rs_rahaman said:

I am talking about that update on September 18/2022. winch Fiverr has notified before updating.

That was a server downtime and not an update. They didn't add any new features or anything. It was just time for maintenance. 

45 minutes ago, rs_rahaman said:

If this is not Fiverr's bug, how come hundreds of sellers' orders are closed after a specific update?

The orders close in 3 days automatically, unless you need to deliver again or the buyer completes the order on its own. The Fiverr maintenance that took place a month ago didn't change that at all. 

46 minutes ago, rs_rahaman said:

I created my gigs before Fiverr updated. And sold all these gigs many times, and got 5-star reviews and good feedback every time. And most of my buyers are repeated. and I hope, I satisfied my all seller with my sale.

Pretty sure your problem stems from the fact that you're not doing anything other than waiting for orders. You do need to promote yourself and experiment with various gigs and marketing tactics. On top of that, Fiverr promotes every seller for a little while but if you don't generate sales enough or have bad reviews (private or public), they will push you at the back end of the search results. So, performance matters on Fiverr and it doesn't have to do with any Fiverr maintenance. It just has to do with you and how you manage your Fiverr business. Because there are a ton of competitors and if you don't stay at the highest performance level, others will take your place. Just like in real life business, just because it's online that doesn't make it different. A lot of stores closed because they didn't know how to market themselves and others took their place. Same thing with Fiverr. You need to know how to adapt.

• Like 4
  • Up 2

19 hours ago, jonbaas said:

And what specific Fiverr update are you referring to? What time? What date? What do you think was updated?

You not having orders in 18 days is not a Fiverr problem. You are responsible for earning all of your orders. Fiverr does not guarantee orders, nor is it their responsibility to make sure that you have orders. YOU are the only person that can make you successful.

Perhaps you are not doing enough to appeal to your target customers, and convince them to hire you. Perhaps your many competitors are offering a better service then you. Perhaps you are expecting things to be given to you, instead of working hard to craft a gig that captures attention. 

You probably don't want to hear this, but there is no problem with Fiverr. The problem is with you. You need to be a better seller, and that includes market research, understanding the needs of your target customers, and offering a services that out-competes your competition.

I totally agree with you. but the thing is, before this new feature of matching / briefs, new users had an opportunity to pitch their offer to buyer's who needed related specific task done. but now removing the feature of buyer's request creates huge opportunity for well rated and existing freelancers but what opportunity alternative does this new feature bring for new seller when they (including me) have no previous record of delivery time, response rate, project completion score etc. so how will this algorithm of fiverr work for new user. as it clearly states in description of this new feature that "buyers will be matched with high rated sellers efficiently". Please help me understand this.

• Like 2
  • Up 4

1 hour ago, rs_rahaman said:

I'm not going to argue with you. Because you are a Fiverr official. As a result, my account may become closed.

I have no control over your account. I do not, in any way, have the power to close it.

I am talking about that update on September 18/2022. winch Fiverr has notified before updating.

A "Fiverr update" is not the reason why you have no recent orders. 

If this is not Fiverr's bug, how come hundreds of sellers' orders are closed after a specific update?

How do you know that "hundreds of seller's orders are closed"? I assume you mean "gigs"? Don't assume that everything bad that happens to you is the result of a Fiverr update. Fiverr is not out to cause you, or your business harm. That's not how Fiverr works.

I created my gigs before Fiverr updated. And sold all these gigs many times, and got 5-star reviews and good feedback every time. And most of my buyers are repeated. and I hope, I satisfied my all seller with my sale.

None of this guarantees you more orders. You are responsible for earning your own orders. It is not Fiverr's job to make sure you have work.

You're not going to earn more orders by sitting back and waiting for them to randomly appear. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rs_rahaman said:

And sold all these gigs many times,

You have only 12 reviews in 6 months 🤷‍♀️ 
mother sellers always have a problem of not selling but it doesn’t mean it’s fiverr’s fault. All it says that bunch of sellers with their gigs here don’t know how to sell their services and only relying on fiverr algorithm. 
there very well could’ve been bad private review that one of your clients left. Everything on fiverr depends on performance in any shape and form. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 10/16/2022 at 1:26 PM, rs_rahaman said:

I already have a post on the Fiverr community Facebook group in Bangladesh, and there are a lot of sellers who told me about the problem. why the problem and how do we fix it?

You need to realize that 12 reviews in 6 months is not a lot. Some people get that many reviews in a day or a few days at most, within the same niche. So it's not a problem when those people get featured because they do more good work and others get pushed away. Generate more orders, rely less on the Fiverr algorithm like Maria said and you will be fine. Rely only on Fiverr's algorithm and you will have issues.

• Like 4

On 10/17/2022 at 5:30 PM, jonbaas said:

I'm not going to argue with you. Because you are a Fiverr official. As a result, my account may become closed.

(And what specific Fiverr update are you referring to? What time? What date? What do you think was updated?)

(You not having orders in 18 days is not a Fiverr problem.)

(Perhaps you are not doing enough to appeal to your target customers, and convince them to hire you. Perhaps your many competitors are offering a better service than you. Perhaps you are expecting things to be given to you, instead of working hard to craft a gig that captures attention.)
Anyway, thank you very much.

• Like 4