How to price yourself for blog writing

katiecontentseo

I have so much experience 5+years plus in this. But only 6 reviews, all 5 stars. I upped my price from $5 to $50 per words because I was tired of being undervalued and now I've lost my starting clients. I've dropped back to $10 per 500 words as realised it was too much of a jump but I'm getting no messages or anything? Is this going to impact the algorithm? It's so so competitive, when would you change prices if you still want to be valued properly 

• Like 2

Hi Katie! 

Once your Gig has been edited, it will undergo a second review and the search position will be affected temporarily. [Fiverr Help: Editing a Gig]

No one can value us more than ourself: find your niche, develop a good plan and keep your business on the run.
We may or may not edit the gig(s) often but when we're enjoying our work and sharing our unique expertise every single click will be valuable.

There is a huge library of successful tips for strengthening our services available in this Forum: enjoy! ✌️

• Like 2

First of all, your portfolio link is not in the approved gig description platforms (https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011421218-Gig-policies), so I would change that asap. 

If I had to start my time at Fiverr now when things are much more competitive, I would probably keep my prices quite low for a while and gradually increase over time. However, if you have an existing client base off-Fiverr and an established presence as a writer, you could direct them here (There's a BYOB -- bring your own buyer -- system that reduces fees to them, I believe) for a discount off your regular prices. That could help establish you name here. Of course, you may not want to do that if you're making more off-platform.

This probably isn't very helpful. The only thing I would definitively suggest is to not price yourself too low. $5 prices will attract bad buyers and scammers more.

Edited by melanielm
  • Like 2