Jump to content
  • 0

Account Demotion


ajomss
 Share

Question

So, yesterday I was given the Level 1 seller badge. And it also happens to be the day when I couldn't find my gig on top searches. For some keywords, I couldn't find it at all and for some it was deranked to like, say, page 3 or 4. When on a normal day it will be on page 1. 

I've noticed this about some level sellers. There accounts get deranked after getting the badge. I really need to hear your views on this. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
10 minutes ago, ajomss said:

So, yesterday I was given the Level 1 seller badge. And it also happens to be the day when I couldn't find my gig on top searches. For some keywords, I couldn't find it at all and for some it was deranked to like, say, page 3 or 4. When on a normal day it will be on page 1. 

I've noticed this about some level sellers. There accounts get deranked after getting the badge. I really need to hear your views on this. 

I'm pretty sure the algorithm picks out a certain number of sellers from each level based on relevancy, price, buyer satisfaction rate, etc. This is just a theory based on the fact that so many sellers notice a dip in business after getting promoted. Perhaps they even have higher demands when picking out level 1 than a new seller, meaning that page 1 results can be more challenging. 

I'd say the best solution is to make sure you impress your buyers. Get that buyer satisfaction rate rising. Perhaps increase your prices a bit now that you're no longer a new seller.

Consider updating and upgrading thumbnails and descriptions and profile pictures.

Make sure your gigs are not just worthy of that level one badge: this is the time to exceed expectations by over-delivering, showing off your best work, making your gigs shine, and perhaps even launching new gigs. 

Research your competition, find out what the TRS gang is up to in your niche, and use all of it for inspiration on how to improve your own gig. 
Hope this helps! 🙂

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1
1 minute ago, ajomss said:

Thanks so much, in short you're advising tomorrow edit may gig. I learnt that can be catastrophic. 

Here's the thing: if you edit your gigs, make sure the edits you do are well-planned and positive for your gig. I edit my gigs often, but only if I see something that can be improved. I think far too many sellers try to constantly edit their gigs, but because they don't know how to make the gig better, the edits end up hurting them. 

Making your gigs become better can never be a bad thing. 

For example, you can hire a professional video editor to make an awesome gig video. Add a professional voice-over to it, explaining your value proposition (why buyers should pick you over others). 

For your web design gig, I noticed you have a lot of text in your thumbnail. That will make it difficult to read on mobile and makes it look messy. Less is more. 

Same goes for your social media gig. 

You're a designer, so put all of your best design skills to good use. Having professional, clean and great-looking thumbnails can really help. 

Improve your gig descriptions by using a native US or UK proofreader. Having a top-notch gig description will help you land more sales. 

The whole point is to improve your gig. If you do it, it won't be catastrophic at all. But if you just make random edits for the sake of editing, it won't help you. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1
1 hour ago, ajomss said:

Thank you so much. 

Here is the last question, which one is more advisable; pausing the gig before editing or just editing it straight up? 

No need to pause your gig before editing. But try to make the changes you plan on in one round. That's because your gig might disappear from search results for a little while after making some edits. That's normal, and can happen while the algorithm works to re-learn your gig to decide where it belongs in search results. 

That's why you should plan everything up front and have the material you need ready. I try to not make many small edits in a row. 

I like to make my gig edits on weekends at night, when there's no buyers online anyway. That way, I don't miss out on any potential order because my gig was in limbo after edits. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 minute ago, smashradio said:

I'm pretty sure the algorithm picks out a certain number of sellers from each level based on relevancy, price, buyer satisfaction rate, etc. This is just a theory based on the fact that so many sellers notice a dip in business after getting promoted. Perhaps they even have higher demands when picking out level 1 than a new seller, meaning that page 1 results can be more challenging. 

I'd say the best solution to this is to make sure you impress your buyers. Get that buyer satisfaction rate rising. Perhaps increase your rates a bit now that you're no longer a new seller. Consider updating and upgrading thumbnails and descriptions and profile pictures. Make sure your gigs are not just worthy of that level one badge: this is the time to exceed expectations by over-delivering, showing off your best work, making your gigs shine, and perhaps even launching new gigs. 

Research your competition, find out what the TRS gang is up to in your niche, and use all of it for inspiration on how to improve your own gig. 
Hope this helps! 🙂

Thanks so much, in short you're advising tomorrow edit may gig. I learnt that can be catastrophic. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Here's the thing: if you edit your gigs, make sure the edits you do are well-planned and positive for your gig. I edit my gigs often, but only if I see something that can be improved. I think far too many sellers try to constantly edit their gigs, but because they don't know how to make the gig better, the edits end up hurting them. 

Making your gigs become better can never be a bad thing. 

For example, you can hire a professional video editor to make an awesome gig video. Add a professional voice-over to it, explaining your value proposition (why buyers should pick you over others). 

For your web design gig, I noticed you have a lot of text in your thumbnail. That will make it difficult to read on mobile and makes it look messy. Less is more. 

Same goes for your social media gig. 

You're a designer, so put all of your best design skills to good use. Having professional, clean and great-looking thumbnails can really help. 

Improve your gig descriptions by using a native US or UK proofreader. Having a top-notch gig description will help you land more sales. 

The whole point is to improve your gig. If you do it, it won't be catastrophic at all. But if you just make random edits for the sake of editing, it won't help you. 

Thank you so much. 

Here is the last question, which one is more advisable; pausing the gig before editing or just editing it straight up? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -1
6 hours ago, smashradio said:

No need to pause your gig before editing. But try to make the changes you plan on in one round. That's because your gig might disappear from search results for a little while after making some edits. That's normal, and can happen while the algorithm works to re-learn your gig to decide where it belongs in search results. 

That's why you should plan everything up front and have the material you need ready. I try to not make many small edits in a row. 

I like to make my gig edits on weekends at night, when there's no buyers online anyway. That way, I don't miss out on any potential order because my gig was in limbo after edits.

Thanks so much. Your insights were helpful. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...