Does Fiverr allow Websites or Google Sites links in Messenger/Description?

iamattique

Question

Hey Everybody!

I know the basic rule that we aren't allow to share any personal information neither in description nor in messenger. However, can we share the link of our portfolio website especially, the Google Sites link?

Any information regarding this query is appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

• Like 6

4 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, iamattique said:

Quick question: Do we get any forum question/topic where we can check which domains are allowed?

The following URLs are allowed by Fiverr in the gig description. I assume they are also ok in messages. However, I see no reason why a different, custom URL, should be a problem in a private message, as long as it's to a website that contains no contact information or payment options etc. So if you set up "thisismyfiverrportfolio.com" for instance, or "iamattiqueseller.com" and you only include information about your Fiverr gig and previous work, you should be ok. 

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011421218-Gig-Policies

Approved URLs

• ammyy.com
  • blogspot.com
  • flickr.com
  • mixcloud.com
  • reverbnation.com
  • soundcloud.com
  • spotify.com
  • teamviewer.com
  • tumblr.com
  • vimeo.com
  • wetransfer.com
  • wikipedia.org
  • youtube.com
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, iamattique said:

Hey Everybody!

I know the basic rule that we aren't allow to share any personal information neither in description nor in messenger. However, can we share the link of our portfolio website especially, the Google Sites link?

Any information regarding this query is appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

You can share portfolios as long as they don't contain any contact information. I recommend setting up a dedicated portfolio page on a dedicated domain, that you only use for Fiverr. On the portfolio page, you can even link back to your gigs, meaning you can use that portfolio to market your gig, and for sharing with potential buyers in the Inbox as needed. 

The clue here is,  like you said, that we aren't allowerd to share any personal information. 

• Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, smashradio said:

You can share portfolios as long as they don't contain any contact information. I recommend setting up a dedicated portfolio page on a dedicated domain, that you only use for Fiverr. On the portfolio page, you can even link back to your gigs, meaning you can use that portfolio to market your gig, and for sharing with potential buyers in the Inbox as needed. 

The clue here is,  like you said, that we aren't allowerd to share any personal information. 

Quick question: Do we get any forum question/topic where we can check which domains are allowed?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, smashradio said:

The following URLs are allowed by Fiverr in the gig description. I assume they are also ok in messages. However, I see no reason why a different, custom URL, should be a problem in a private message, as long as it's to a website that contains no contact information or payment options etc. So if you set up "thisismyfiverrportfolio.com" for instance, or "iamattiqueseller.com" and you only include information about your Fiverr gig and previous work, you should be ok. 

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011421218-Gig-Policies

Approved URLs

• ammyy.com
  • blogspot.com
  • flickr.com
  • mixcloud.com
  • reverbnation.com
  • soundcloud.com
  • spotify.com
  • teamviewer.com
  • tumblr.com
  • vimeo.com
  • wetransfer.com
  • wikipedia.org
  • youtube.com

That's very useful information! I am very much thankful for your time. Thanks a million sir!

• Like 3