Buyer asked to email project manager for more information

susanmeow

20 minutes ago, susanmeow said:

Hi. I am new to fiverr. There's a buyer asking me to email the project manager when i asked him to place order. 

Is this allowed or normal procedure?

Pls enligthen.

Thank you

No. First of all, that's not allowed and not OK. It's a violation of the Terms on Fiverr and could get you in trouble. 

Secondly, it's a big red flag for me when a buyer wishes to talk outside of the platform. There's no reason to do so, and they might be attempting to scam you. Even so, the buyer has already shown a willingness to break the rules, and that in and of itself is a red flag. 

I've already written a post about red flags on Fiverr, this being one of them. 

• Like 5
  • Up 5

Is there any integration with Monday.com or some type of 3rd party project management app? As a buyer managing multiple projects this would be great feature. Without the exchange of contact information between parties there would need to be some type of partnership with a vendor. 

Is anything out there can facilitate this without the exchange of email / contact info by either party?

Cheers

Sean

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, s_murphycassia said:

or some type of 3rd party project management app?

Down in the footer, there's this:

image.png.bf3ca729bbd8a7d844fa9a7f72cd843f.png

Not sure if that's close, as I've never looked into it myself, but feel free to investigate. (There's also a section here in the forums for discussion on that, but it's kinda abandoned. Still, you might find something interesting there. https://community.fiverr.com/forums/?forumId=35) 

• Like 4
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, s_murphycassia said:

Is there any integration with Monday.com or some type of 3rd party project management app? As a buyer managing multiple projects this would be great feature. Without the exchange of contact information between parties there would need to be some type of partnership with a vendor. 

Is anything out there can facilitate this without the exchange of email / contact info by either party?

Cheers

Sean

Here's the thing about sharing contact information on Fiverr. If it's strictly needed to perform the service you've bought, the info can be shared on the order page after the order has been placed. 

The following is from Fiverr's Terms of Service: 

• To protect our users' privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.
  • Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.

In short, you can share contact information but not in order to circumvent the Fiverr messaging system, or payment system and so on. Fiverr will say that this is because of privacy, but it's just as much about keeping the business on Fiverr. After all, Fiverr is a business and they want their profit. I don't blame them. 

But let's say you and me are working on a project with your team. I need access to Monday to do my part in the project. That would be a good reason for sharing some information inside the order. 

Another example is if a developer would need my e-mail to set up an account for me when developing an app or website. Stuff like that. But it has to happen inside the order, not before or in the regular inbox. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1