Promoted Gig Glitch

schuylerhale1

Don't know why I'm posting but I suppose hoping for some reassurance or direction yet again. Today is Day 47 of Promotion feature being disabled due to "possible quality issues" on my top performing gig. As I've said before, this happens cyclically and must be due to the "other quality metrics" required to promote a gig because I meet the listed needs. I wouldn't mind not being able to Promote - but when this happens - my organic reach plummets by 95%. Usually the feature comes back after 1-2 weeks, but I'm now approaching Day 50 and may have to leave the platform all together as my business can't sustain this. I've tried the following:

-Worked to enhance my gig from a messaging and visual perspective

-Shared my gig consistently across social media and forum sites

-Responded to buyer requests regularly

-Reached out to old clients

Anyone have any other ideas? Appreciate any insight.

Are you in the seller plus program?  If so, reach out to your success manager. 

Also, read the endless posts on how posting on social media is a complete waste of time if it isn't a very targeted post to your core audience, and we all know the buyer requests are basically garbage, so I wouldn't hang your hat on either of those. 

I tried finding your name as a seller but you must be using a different one so I can't see your gigs to be able to give anymore insight. 

On 4/15/2022 at 7:28 PM, schuylerhale1 said:

Don't know why I'm posting but I suppose hoping for some reassurance or direction yet again. Today is Day 47 of Promotion feature being disabled due to "possible quality issues" on my top performing gig. As I've said before, this happens cyclically and must be due to the "other quality metrics" required to promote a gig because I meet the listed needs. I wouldn't mind not being able to Promote - but when this happens - my organic reach plummets by 95%. Usually the feature comes back after 1-2 weeks, but I'm now approaching Day 50 and may have to leave the platform all together as my business can't sustain this. I've tried the following:

-Worked to enhance my gig from a messaging and visual perspective

-Shared my gig consistently across social media and forum sites

-Responded to buyer requests regularly

-Reached out to old clients

Anyone have any other ideas? Appreciate any insight.

this is happening to me and it's still running, Its has been 16days and  I have contact with customer support they said the same to all like keep doing good work and it will active again, but honestly, there is hidden criteria for this feature they won't disclose  

On 4/16/2022 at 5:32 PM, cs_evans said:

Are you in the seller plus program?  If so, reach out to your success manager. 

Also, read the endless posts on how posting on social media is a complete waste of time if it isn't a very targeted post to your core audience, and we all know the buyer requests are basically garbage, so I wouldn't hang your hat on either of those. 

I tried finding your name as a seller but you must be using a different one so I can't see your gigs to be able to give anymore insight. 

Thanks for your tips. I've tried countless times to join Seller Plus but have been told I'm on a waitlist. My username is @schuylerhale as a Fiverr Seller. For some reason, the name was taken on Fiverr forum. 

I looked at your profile and gig and only two things jump out at me at first glance.

1. You have a 3-hour response time.  Probably best to get that down to one.
  2. You might consider updating your tags.  
    1. you are allowed five and you only have four.
    2. The four you do have are repetitive to your gig title, which Fiverr recommends against.  They say to have different keywords in your tags because doubling up on them does no good, and that the tags are the 2nd most important search criteria.

21 minutes ago, cs_evans said:

I looked at your profile and gig and only two things jump out at me at first glance.

1. You have a 3-hour response time.  Probably best to get that down to one.
  2. You might consider updating your tags.  
    1. you are allowed five and you only have four.
    2. The four you do have are repetitive to your gig title, which Fiverr recommends against.  They say to have different keywords in your tags because doubling up on them does no good, and that the tags are the 2nd most important search criteria.

Thank you! This is super helpful. 

7 hours ago, timir69 said:

but honestly, there is hidden criteria for this feature they won't disclose

And they're not going to tell sellers what these hidden criteria are, because then sellers would be able to manipulate those criteria in their favor.

15 hours ago, jonbaas said:

It's not an issue. It's how Fiverr works.

It is an issue that there is a direct correlation between not being able to promote one's gig and your organic reach plummeting simultaneously for a prolonged period of time, with no direction on how to course correct. Of course the algorithm can vary and Sellers don't need to know exactly how that works but in my opinion, this specific issue is a glitch due to sloppy development that they are not sure how to fix.

Separately, when you run a FB campaign or Google Adwords campaign and your ad is taken down for "quality issues," as a paying customer, you are informed on what needs to be addressed so you can tweak and adjust as necessary. It makes no sense to "punish" Sellers regularly without giving them any insight as to why, pushing them to the point where they leave the platform all together.

2 hours ago, schuylerhale1 said:

It makes no sense to "punish" Sellers regularly without giving them any insight as to why

Why are you equating this to punishment? Not qualifying for the ad program is not punishment, it is merely metrics that determine qualification (metrics that we largely do not know, so that we cannot manipulate qualification). Fiverr is not out to punish and hurt their sellers. Yes, the AI is still learning, perhaps even working out kinks in the design, but it does not exist to punish sellers. 

And, for the record, Fiverr DOES provide insight. A short note exists next to all previously qualifying gigs in your Promoted Gigs list, indicating why that gig does not qualify at any given time. Quality issues usually, as far as I can tell, refer to gig or seller performance. Improve your performance, and that will likely correct the ad block. Remember, performance covers everything from efficiency, to buyer satisfaction.

5 hours ago, schuylerhale1 said:

It is an issue that there is a direct correlation between not being able to promote one's gig and your organic reach plummeting

It’s not a correlation, it’s “indication”. 
If your performance drops down your gig organic search is getting lower. And loosing promoted feature is basically an indication/notification that your performance dropped down because criteria of having that feature is also based on your and your gig performance. 

It’s not loosing the feature causing the organic reach to drop, it’s your performance that dropped and caused lower organic reach and therefore loss of promoted feature 

Agree to disagree. Totally understand that if "private" performance has dropped that my gig performance would drop - but it wouldn't drop off completely to the point where your gig goes from Page 1 for years to completely lost on the last page of your category for now nearly 60 days. A gig with 550+ reviews (4.9 overall) that is on Page 10-12 when filtering within my Category by "Best Selling" - sitting behind gigs with 4.4 or 3.5 overall ratings. To me, that's a glitch. 

Also, I don't understand the low-key hostility here from some. Not one of us understand the backend design or algorithm anymore than the rest of us - just looking for support and any guidance. 

Archived