I'm really worried about this. Fiverr, please i need help on how i can come out of this.

lancodwini

I really don't know what's up with the algorithm or maybe it's a deliberate act.

I've changed my images, changed descriptions, tweaked my tags, monitored my impressions and analytics, and still nothing. Like i do this every 2-3 weeks. I get my clicks only when i bid for jobs daily. I've had over 130+ positive reviews, and became a level 2 seller for almost 4 months now but still, no order. I was at the blink of being demoted back to a lower level until i had to sound so desperately to a colleague to please order my service through fiverr. Had to reduce my price because i was desperate just so that i don't loose my level ranking.

Also, for 2 years now, i haven't being able to reapply for PRO Selling. I complained to Fiverr on their Instagram page, but i was asked to send a mail, which i did. Till date, no single thing has being done about why i can't reapply for position of PRO selling. I last applied AUGUST 2020.

Also, the gigs that were eligible for running ads, all of a sudden they became non eligible. I wrote to Fiverr but they said due to some low ratings and some other things that non of my gigs even had at all till date. But i just let that pass, cos i didn't see it as too pressing.

Just recently, i referred 4 of my friends recently  to open an account and sell on Fiverr because i believe in Fiverr, but tell me how i'm meant to be motivated when experiencing things like this on a platform that people think they can look u[p to me to encourage them?

Just said i should air my opinion.

10 minutes ago, lancodwini said:

I really don't know what's up with the algorithm or maybe it's a deliberate act.

I've changed my images, changed descriptions, tweaked my tags, monitored my impressions and analytics, and still nothing. Like i do this every 2-3 weeks. I get my clicks only when i bid for jobs daily. I've had over 130+ positive reviews, and became a level 2 seller for almost 4 months now but still, no order. I was at the blink of being demoted back to a lower level until i had to sound so desperately to a colleague to please order my service through fiverr. Had to reduce my price because i was desperate just so that i don't loose my level ranking.

Also, for 2 years now, i haven't being able to reapply for PRO Selling. I complained to Fiverr on their Instagram page, but i was asked to send a mail, which i did. Till date, no single thing has being done about why i can't reapply for position of PRO selling. I last applied AUGUST 2020.

Also, the gigs that were eligible for running ads, all of a sudden they became non eligible. I wrote to Fiverr but they said due to some low ratings and some other things that non of my gigs even had at all till date. But i just let that pass, cos i didn't see it as too pressing.

Just recently, i referred 4 of my friends recently  to open an account and sell on Fiverr because i believe in Fiverr, but tell me how i'm meant to be motivated when experiencing things like this on a platform that people think they can look u[p to me to encourage them?

Just said i should air my opinion.

I am also very interested to know the answer to your question...My appeal to the experts, you come up with a solution.

Thanks @lloydsolutions for sending this but considering the level of work i put into this and hours, i'm afraid i can't lower my prices. I'm working to be able to sustain myself. Not doing so, so as to start feeding from hand to mouth. God knows i've tried lowering my gigs but for how long. One of my past clients came back after 3 years and said he wanted a 3D architectural model rendering project i did for him for $5 when i was quite desperate at making a trusted name on Fiverr. The same dude came recently and said he wanted another bigger residential building design and rendering for that same $5. Like....come on. Even after thanking him for remembering me and trying to explain to him, he didn't listen he just left and said he can't pay that. So permit me if i say lowering one's prices doesn't favor all countries. Maybe some.

I know i offer way more value and professional service than most sellers here on fiverr. I even have a professional online portfolio to back that claim. I'm not trying to brag. But most of the times, you get some of those high paying clients ONLY when you bid for a job through buyer's request, which is a 50/50 win, except for now, it's more like they don't even look at my side since i clocked the level 2 rank.

Talking about lowering prices, it's not that i don't still offer $5 service,...I still do. Even those also, have stopped getting requests, and no....it's not because i don't tweak them. I guess probably Fiverr isn't more about quality, It's more about who offers it cheaper, or maybe not for the pro sellers anyways, which is why i've been trying to apply for it a second time, but to no avail. I can't find the application button any longer on my account. Because i've seen some gigs having repeat buyers and when i go through the type of service they give out, majority don't tally with the gig images they display, which makes me wonder if Fiverr is actually thorough about finding out people that are actually lifting jobs to post as theirs.

No offences but i'll be needing more conviction, that's if there is any anyways. But still, thanks for your suggestion

4 hours ago, lancodwini said:

I was at the blink of being demoted back to a lower level until i had to sound so desperately to a colleague to please order my service through fiverr.

You do know that having friends place fake orders to either bolster or otherwise manipulate your metrics is one of the worst TOS violations there is, it generally leads to the account being banned. 

12 hours ago, lancodwini said:

I was at the blink of being demoted back to a lower level until i had to sound so desperately to a colleague to please order my service through fiverr.

You better hope that Fiverr staff doesn't see this, because the consequences of such a ToS violation might be worse than a demotion.

@newsmikeIt wasn't a fake order. I charge way higher outside fiverr. I run a private branding business where i charge premium, which was why i was aiming to enroll as a PRO SELLER here on fiverr. Not everyone here is out to be offering cheap services for something they charge way more outside because, referring a customer to fiverr is actually helping them also. I don't see the offence there. If you check my business page on IG, i'm sure you'll definitely agree that the level of jobs there weren't done for $5 or $10.

Please, don't get me wrong.

@catwriterI said they should PLEASE ORDER MY SERVICE "THROUGH FIVERR", not outside Fiverr. How's that a violation, or am i missing something☹️? I brought my client into fiverr. That for me is more like a win for Fiverr. Because they'll definitely come here and see that i'm charging way lower than what i charge outside, and if you think of it, it's for certain that they might never want to work with me at my premium rate, and would definitely come through Fiverr. So who's at loss here, me or Fiverr?

Because i believe i'm offering that same service here on fiverr, at a way discounted rate, something that can't fetch me a day's meal here in my country here, because few days ago, a community member sent a write up on how you can start getting orders and one of them was to "reduce your rate, because it was probably way to high". So i probably might not be understanding the whole scenario properly. Kindly refer to the response i gave to @newsmike. And like i said some days back, i can't still re-apply for the position of PROSELLER here on fiverr. Last time i did was August 2020. I hope you get the point of where i'm coming from?

Thanks

38 minutes ago, lancodwini said:

I said they should PLEASE ORDER MY SERVICE "THROUGH FIVERR", not outside Fiverr. How's that a violation, or am i missing something☹️?

What you described in your first post can easily be seen as a way to manipulate the system so you wouldn't lose your level. It's not like you promoted your service and brought someone to Fiverr that way; you said you asked a colleague, so it's a person you already know, possibly a friend. It's similar to some sellers bringing their friends and family so they'd order from them and give them a 5 star review.

I understand that you don't see it that way, but I'm not sure that the Trust & Safety team would see it the same way that you do.

Fiverr has its own algorithm and own planning. They do not like to discuss their policy outside. 

If they feel something is going wrong they use to update that portion without notice. We need to do experiment and win its algorithm. Fiverr never changes their policy according to our comment. We have to follow them, they do not follow us. 

Thanks, best of luck. 

Wow really? Didn't see it that way. Because most of my clients i get are from my friends who offer my service. They know i offer graphic design services, so they reach out to me. Also, people only order from people they know most of the time, not a total stranger. Which is why people on fiverr message you because they believe, since you're on fiverr,....they know they stand a chance of getting good services and value for their money because of the trust they have of Fiverr.

So, i don't know what other way clients can come to you, if fiverr hasn't gotten you any for the meantime, you've ran social media ads and for a while no one had been forthcoming. The next option is for people or friends who know you to purchase your service. You're not forcing them. They require your service but the only thing is to bring them into fiverr and offer it there. I think that's definitely a win for Fiverr. All i said was rather than order it outside, they should order it through here.

But all the same, i get the point of what you're trying to say. Thanks @catwriter🙏 & also thank you @positivezahid

Some of my colleague has done long long experiment with gig creation. They have created their own gig, they helped other people to open gig. They edited their gig until they get result. They discovered the algorithm by doing experiment. I can say i have not done it. I do not have much  time to do that. I have to survive. If i do not get a job from fiverr at least to have to manage outside. 

My suggestion, go and do some research on gig creation. You will definitely understand the key point.  

What you described in your first post can easily be seen as a way to manipulate the system so you wouldn't lose your level. It's not like you promoted your service and brought someone to Fiverr that way; you said you asked a colleague, so it's a person you already know, possibly a friend. It's similar to some sellers bringing their friends and family so they'd order from them and give them a 5 star review.

I understand that you don't see it that way, but I'm not sure that the Trust & Safety team would see it the same way that you do

Archived