Online status is a bit inflexible

clchick

I see that unless I completely sign out of Fiverr, I show up as being online all the time. I do sleep sometimes, and it's not usually for 24 hours. Yet, I can't tell the system I've gone to sleep. I can't set myself as offline temporarily--the shortest duration is 24 hours--and then turn my status on again. Instead of having to log myself out of Fiverr on every device I have, one or more of the following options would be helpful:

• An option to set profile to offline for 8 to 10 hours for sleep and showering time
  • Fiverr setting your profile to idle/away if you haven't touched anything on the site in X amount of time (with several options available)
  • A simple button under the profile that would allow you to change your online status at any time (best option, IMO)

Thank you.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

I agree, I often have issues with a "bad response time" because my husband works 3rd shift, prompting me to be awake longer at night and to sleep in more during the afternoon. So, when I'm done working at 3 am, people (usually spammers) message me at 5 am, and I can't respond to them until later in the afternoon. By then, I've already got a red clock warning. Not everyone runs on a 9-5 schedule.

There is an "online status" on the mobile app, but I haven't found one on the webpage. You can try using your phone's feature if you download the Fiverr app.

Does anyone know how to change the 'online status' on the website?

5 hours ago, ashleymahan217 said:

Does anyone know how to change the 'online status' on the website?

@ashleymahan217, the OP hasn't been active since March, so I don't know if the OP will see our answers. However, to answer your question, click on your profile picture and "settings" in the drop down menu:

image.thumb.png.1620c1a69b4b97b9e44ea5f3d8f0b38a.png

This won't stop people from contacting you, though. Buyers still can message you in the inbox. If you want to prevent messages, you would have to use the Out-Of-Office option (which doesn't make sense for sleeping).

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2022 at 9:29 AM, vickieito said:

@ashleymahan217, the OP hasn't been active since March, so I don't know if the OP will see our answers. However, to answer your question, click on your profile picture and "settings" in the drop down menu:

image.thumb.png.1620c1a69b4b97b9e44ea5f3d8f0b38a.png

This won't stop people from contacting you, though. Buyers still can message you in the inbox. If you want to prevent messages, you would have to use the Out-Of-Office option (which doesn't make sense for sleeping).

Thank you. See, I told you, people shouldn't get mad about the "this is already posted" aspect. This is an issue I know a lot of people struggle with and would probably do some good to be read. But it's so old that it does no good. Either way, it's done me some good. I didn't know there was a website option. Thank you!!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...