My account is restricted

saadkhan268

Question

There was some problem with one of my gig titles (it had "discord whitelist" in it), and I failed to see Fiverr support's message in time, so my account got restricted. It's now been over a week since that happened and Fiverr support hasn't given me any proper answer as to when it will be unrestricted. I am fine with the repercussions but being kept in the dark about this for so long is making me anxious. Every support request is answered with "We will notify you soon."

I need to start freelancing again to take care of dues and stuff. Should I create a new account and start over, or should I wait indefinitely?

6 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, saadkhan268 said:

Should I create a new account and start over, or should I wait indefinitely?

No, you are not allowed to create new account. 

What was the reason that fiverr gave for restriction? 

I’ll be honest: if it was indeed a violation and you didn’t change it and fiverr noticed it again the you violated the same rule twice, which puts your account under restriction. And I haven’t seen anyone getting their account back if that wasn’t a mistake of the algorithm. 

2 hours ago, saadkhan268 said:

Should I create a new account and start over,

If you create a new account without the permission from Customer Support, it's just going to get permanently banned (and the same will happen to every new account you create).

Fiverr support hasn't given me any proper answer as to when it will be unrestricted

There are no guarantees that your account will ever get unrestricted.

I need to start freelancing again to take care of dues and stuff.

Perhaps you could try out other freelancing platforms?

Guest lloydsolutions

Restricted

The account is partially disabled.
The customer, either buyer or seller, can access the account, withdraw funds, complete ongoing orders, and review their order history. They cannot place or receive new orders, nor can they communicate with other customers through inbox messages.  seller's Gigs will not show on the marketplace, and buyers will not be able to place new orders. Once an account is temporarily disabled, the customer needs to wait for the trial period (which can take upwards of 90 days) to be completed—to know if the account will be restored or permanently disabled. 

Customer Support can neither influence the result of this review nor can they update the customer on the review's end date. 

The above is from the Help Centre.

You will have to wait for the outcome of the review.

10 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

What was the reason that fiverr gave for restriction?

The original title was "I will create unique and creative NFT Fan Art for discord whitelist"; and Fiverr support had told me after I contacted them that I needed to remove "Discord Whitelist" from my title. My fault here was that I never check my emails, and thus when my gig was restored, I assumed I did not have to change anything because there weren't any in-app notifications.

10 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I’ll be honest: if it was indeed a violation and you didn’t change it and fiverr noticed it again the you violated the same rule twice, which puts your account under restriction. And I haven’t seen anyone getting their account back if that wasn’t a mistake of the algorithm. 

This is rather disappointing to know given how trivial the error was. But I suppose I can't really do much of anything at this point. Thank you for your advice; but please do let me know if there is ANYTHING that might help me get my account back.

Archived