How should i handle this?

sheidy_cachamba

So, I’m having a bad situation. 
A buyer came to me days ago and asked me a simple task, it was to record two audio for a commercial. Because it was just 6s for each one i recommended my basic package(that provides 15s of me singing). And then seller paid fast delivery. So i recorded three different versions of the audio because her original instrumental it wasn’t really on my vocal tone, so I edited and recorded different versions. Buyer said she likes all of them but because she needed to choose she would go with the third version. Great. I then asked if she approves so i can delivery the vocals separated from the instrumental as i always do. I always send a demo with a basic editing so my buyers can check everything and approve or disapprove and by the end I deliver my raw vocals without any editing so they can edit the way they prefer, as I am a singer and songwriter not a music producer. Then after she approves I sent her winrar folders organized cause is easier for her and for me, maybe this was one mistake from me. She then told me she would take that for her superiors and give me a feedback. I was kinda surprised cause I never knew she had this superiors and she approved the audios but this is not a big deal. She spent maybe 10 days guys. The order was completed automatically after the 3 days and It was already counting the 14 days for my payment. She came back now, 10 days later saying that her superiors needed an audio without eco and with the instrumental. First of all I couldn’t even understand the task cause i sent her my raw vocals without any type of filter. Than I understood that neither her or her superiors are people that understand something about music. So they weren’t able to put the raw vocals and the instrumental together and they were using my demo with my basic editing, that is not supposed to be used, is not what i delivered. Alright, i just needed to send other demo without my editing, is not my job to put audio and vocals together or something like this but is a simple task, she don’t understand nothing about this, so yes, I did it. I sent to her after she was all day pressing me cause she wanted this at the same time, that made me kinda angry cause I organize my things, she came 10 days later and wanted everything quick, like come on, but I was just angry inside, I never ever would disrespect my buyers. Then she said she likes the audios and will send to her superiors. Ok, now she came back and said that they like but my vocals are duplicate and they don’t want any effect. First of all i shouldn’t be mad about this cause is they taste but the problem is, I don’t have any effect on my audio but yes technically she can say that my vocals are duplicate. Quick explanation about this duplication: To sound like a chorus a made different vocals with different voice tones, i put my vocal with different tones together to give this chorus vibe that she approved previously. Remember when i sent three versions to her? One was just one vocal, with the same tone, and the other two was with this chorus vibe, and this lady chose the one with the chorus and vibe and now is coming back in forth with this. My basic package offers 1 revision and i made 2 now. How you guys would handle this situation where buyer is asking for things that you don’t provide, the modifications consists in them not understand absolutely nothing about their own task. 

2 minutes ago, sheidy_cachamba said:

So, I’m having a bad situation. 
A buyer came to me days ago and asked me a simple task, it was to record two audio for a commercial. Because it was just 6s for each one i recommended my basic package(that provides 15s of me singing). And then seller paid fast delivery. So i recorded three different versions of the audio because her original instrumental it wasn’t really on my vocal tone, so I edited and recorded different versions. Buyer said she likes all of them but because she needed to choose she would go with the third version. Great. I then asked if she approves so i can delivery the vocals separated from the instrumental as i always do. I always send a demo with a basic editing so my buyers can check everything and approve or disapprove and by the end I deliver my raw vocals without any editing so they can edit the way they prefer, as I am a singer and songwriter not a music producer. Then after she approves I sent her winrar folders organized cause is easier for her and for me, maybe this was one mistake from me. She then told me she would take that for her superiors and give me a feedback. I was kinda surprised cause I never knew she had this superiors and she approved the audios but this is not a big deal. She spent maybe 10 days guys. The order was completed automatically after the 3 days and It was already counting the 14 days for my payment. She came back now, 10 days later saying that her superiors needed an audio without eco and with the instrumental. First of all I couldn’t even understand the task cause i sent her my raw vocals without any type of filter. Than I understood that neither her or her superiors are people that understand something about music. So they weren’t able to put the raw vocals and the instrumental together and they were using my demo with my basic demo, that is not supposed to be used, is not what i delivered. Alright, i just needed to send other demo without my editing, is not my job to put audio and vocals together or something like this but is a simple task, she don’t understand nothing about this, so yes, I did it. I sent to her after she was all day pressing me cause she wanted this at the same time, that made me kinda angry cause I organize my things, she came 10 days later and wanted everything quick, like come on, but I was just angry inside, I never ever would disrespect my buyers. Then she said she likes the audios and will send to her superiors. Ok, now she came back and said that they like but my vocals are duplicate and they don’t want any effect. First of all i shouldn’t be mad about this cause is they taste but the problem is, I don’t have any effect on my audio but yes technically she can say that my vocals are duplicate. Quick explanation about this duplication: To sound like a chorus a made different vocals with different voice tones, i put my vocal with different tones together to give this chorus vibe that she approved previously. Remember when i sent three versions to her? One was just one vocal, with the same tone, and the other two was with this chorus vibe, and this lady chose the one with the chorus and vibe and now is coming back in forth with this. My basic package offers 1 revision and i made 2 now. How you guys would handle this situation where buyer is asking for things that you don’t provide, the modifications consists in them not understand absolutely nothing about their own task. 

Respond, "of course, I'd be happy to make those changes, I'll send the offer right over."  If they balk, you have to educate them on the fact that they used up the revisions included in the original order.    

3 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Respond, "of course, I'd be happy to make those changes, I'll send the offer right over."  If they balk, you have to educate them on the fact that they used up the revisions included in the original order.    

Yes, this i what I’m gonna do after she comes back. Thank you 

Archived