Fiverr "Order completion" Rating Problem for sellers

smasum

Hi Everyone,
It's been 6 years of journey in Fiverr. But I have a suggestion that may be helpful for sellers. I noticed that sometimes buyers buy gigs without contacting or understanding the project details. They don't see the gig details properly so the amount of work with payment differ a lot. At that time the only way for sellers is to cancel the job. But if you cancel the rating of Order completion will be decreased a lot that affects seller level. My suggestion is to please include a facility for the seller to accept/reject the task whenever a buyer purchases without contact. So both seller and buyer can understand about the task can be complete or not.
I hope this will be very helpful for sellers to maintain level.
Thank you

Edited by smasum
  • Like 14

I speak only for myself, and I have no affiliation with Fiverr other than being a seller/buyer, but there is no way I can see that happening.  That topic is brought up on the forums fairly often, but the fact is that would likely have a very significant impact on Fiverr's revenue.  The thing so many people forget, or fail to consider, is that Fiverr is a for-profit publicly traded company, i.e., they are not here to make your life as a seller easier.  Obviously that last statement is predicated on the concept that they make money by creating a, generally speaking, great market for buyers and sellers to come together.  None-the-less, they are going to do what benefits the company most in the long-term, and that is not going to be giving the sellers an "out" every time they don't like a buyer.  Fiverr, works off of volume, and expects you to do the same.  In other words, if you are the kind of seller who manages only 1 or 2 cancellations per 100 order (or whatever the appropriate number is), then they are still going to promote your gig.  However, if they give you the ability to cancel an order without consequences, then instead of doing 98 orders with 2 cancellations, you now may be a seller who does 75 orders with 25 cancellations, which as originally stated, is money out of their pocket.  

• Like 12
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice topic. I agree with you about giving option to the sellers to confirm whether or not they're willing and/or able to accept the order. I think it'll be fair for all parties in the long run, why?

1. Sellers don't need to feel forced to do an order that's difficult or impossible for them to fulfill

2. It'll be easier for buyers too if ever a seller can't do the project and reject it right away. That way, they'll be able to find another seller sooner. And both seller and buyer don't have to go through the cancellation process which is not necessary in some cases. However, I think it'll be wise for sellers not to just rejecting it, but also giving a heads up and apologize, and also for the system to give some kind of template message or encouragement to the buyers so they don't get too disappointed

3. Why do some of you actually think it'll affect Fiverr profit/revenue negatively? Think long term, please.. This kind of system is not new on some other marketplaces (freelance or not). The purpose? If done correctly, the platform will be able to retain more satisfied sellers and buyers. This way, people will be more loyal & stay on the platform. How many potential sellers do you think have given up the platform because some of the rules are suffocating..? In effect, how many good buyers will follow the steps? And by the way, no one is using this marketplace for free, right? Rules are great, as long as they make sense and are great for all parties. And try to ask those platforms that give sellers "order confirmation" option: are they losing money? Are they going down the hill? 💸

• Like 8

I'd love to see a feature or some control over an order that was placed without talking to me first. In most cases it was fine but every negative review and cancelation I've had was due to a customer buying a service I clearly state I can't offer or won't offer for the package they bought. Getting the ability to troubleshoot and maybe not accept an order like this would be huge. Hell even a popup that shows the gig details that says like "Does your project fit this gig"? would be a huge quality of life improvement.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

There should be easy way to cancel some orders without impact on ranking (by support manually so support can see if such order is cancelled because of seller or for example "mistake" order by buyer)...  Sometimes buyers don't read rules or information about gig and service 😞

• Like 5

• 11 months later...
On 5/25/2022 at 7:28 AM, ann_model said:

There should be easy way to cancel some orders without impact on ranking (by support manually so support can see if such order is cancelled because of seller or for example "mistake" order by buyer)...  Sometimes buyers don't read rules or information about gig and service 😞

Fiverr should think about this seriouly. A good seller reputaion is ver important for them. Some buyer just order without reading or knowing about the gig.

• Like 4

• 11 months later...

Still looking that Fiverr will look about the issue to add confirmation from a seller too before starting a order. Yes , they may give few hours to take seller response. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 6:58 PM, cs_evans said:

However, if they give you the ability to cancel an order without consequences, then instead of doing 98 orders with 2 cancellations, you now may be a seller who does 75 orders with 25 cancellations, which as originally stated, is money out of their pocket.  

Why do you think seller performance would decrease by having cancellations without consequences? the seller wants to sell as much as Fiver. One thing does not remove the other.
The more money the seller makes, the better. On the contrary, having the possibility of canceling without consequences would increase the performance and effectiveness of your service, since no seller would ever cancel a job that they can do and for which they would earn money. Has no sense.
On the other hand, although Fiver is a company that profits from the massive buying and selling of services, it does not mean that it treats sellers as scum who have no right to even reject work that may not fit the characteristics of their job, simply because Mr. Fiver earns a few coins less.

Under this concept, should any employees a company hires to play a role and make money for the owner be treated as objects without rights or benefits? You are justifying that Fiver, when taking care of its money, should not consider those who generate that money, which are basically all the users who offer a service here. There is demand here because there is supply first.

So, as always, because we have to endorse nefarious behavior on the part of a mega company, when no one here does us a favor, no one here is working for a salary that Fiver gives away, here we are the ones who give 20% of our payments to Fiver. I understand your concept, but I think it is time to change certain centrist thoughts that only lead to labor involution.

Finally, Fiver wanted to take a leap in quality, but forgets that much of that quality is built with sellers.
Fiver can focus its objective on earning thousands and thousands of dollars by being the intermediary between seller and buyer, however there are different ways to achieve this, and not necessarily the best is not to consider those who make up 50% of the platform.
Multi-billion dollar companies like Google even make their employees work longer hours than normal, but the difference is that their employees are happy, because they are considered, listened to, and respond with loyalty, performance, and commitment.

Fiver can make this platform a great marketplace, it can raise the quality level of sellers, it can even improve the performance of sellers, and it can achieve this by keeping both buyers and sellers satisfied. However, they chose to implement archaic policies that not only reflect their lack of professionalism, but also their miserable interests without an iota of intelligence.

Edited by marinanp86
  • Like 2