Need some help dealing with bad client

merohan

Just for context I'm a level 2 seller and had delivered over 200+ orders. Right now I'm stucked with a worst client I ever worked with in last 2-3 years of my journey. The project should have been finished in 5 days but today is 23rd day and I'm making changes and doing something which wasn't asked for before ordering the gig. I don't want to cancel and lose on money after working on project for so many days but client ain't got any chill. Client says she doesn't consider these edits as revisions and should be done just because she paid for it. These changes include turning the project upside down just because she doesn't like the aesthetics. 

I kinda feel getting bullied. Please do suggest what should be done.

• Like 24
  • Sad 11

the same situation was with me continuously working  4 days on his project not slept really well .  but thanks  i completed one hour ago..some buyer  are totally confused what they looking for.so you need to sort it out by questing her.ask her what the exact things she want to revise find out where is a problem area and work on it .

the problem was that with my buyer ,he was new and order first time so he was unfamiliar with the system how fiverr UI works and done above 15 modification request . he was confused ,and every revisions he made was totally  different from previous one  

thank you

Edited by design_glow
  • Like 13
  • Sad 2

On 1/12/2022 at 12:33 PM, merohan said:

Client says she doesn't consider these edits as revisions and should be done just because she paid for it.

For the future: write in your FAQs what you consider as a revision 

secondly, stand your ground and send her a custom extra for the changes as it wasn’t in the original brief and explain which parts of her revisions will be considered as revisions as they are minor changes and which ones will be completely new requirements. 
It will not be an easy conversation and she of course will resist but it’s up to you and your communication to stand your ground 

(I’m not sure if with a new order page if it’s still there but you should look around and see if there is still a disclaimer that “buyer confirmed that these are final requirements and any changes might be an extra charge”) 

• Like 14
  • Up 2

Guest freelancerjabir
On 1/12/2022 at 11:33 PM, merohan said:

Just for context I'm a level 2 seller and had delivered over 200+ orders. Right now I'm stucked with a worst client I ever worked with in last 2-3 years of my journey. The project should have been finished in 5 days but today is 23rd day and I'm making changes and doing something which wasn't asked for before ordering the gig. I don't want to cancel and lose on money after working on project for so many days but client ain't got any chill. Client says she doesn't consider these edits as revisions and should be done just because she paid for it. These changes include turning the project upside down just because she doesn't like the aesthetics. 

I kinda feel getting bullied. Please do suggest what should be done.

Same here, I also got a client who was screaming to me and also using bad words to make the task completed,but still I didn't react and just did the work ignoring his words. After that, I was patient to complete the order asap 

• 4 months later...

I having now a running order with a bad client.. ge refuses to speak english. he reads and responds with Italian.. he didn't notice that ive delivered two files instead of one.. I exactly delivered what he needed.. he called me unprofessional, he said "I sent 1000 messages explaining and at the end you did what you wanted" 🙁🙁🙁🙁

Im afraid of bad rating or order cancelation.

Can Fiverr help me against this case? what can I do?! 😥

• Like 7
  • Sad 6
  • Up 1

56 minutes ago, palebluedot_ said:

I having now a running order with a bad client.. ge refuses to speak english. he reads and responds with Italian.. he didn't notice that ive delivered two files instead of one.. I exactly delivered what he needed.. he called me unprofessional, he said "I sent 1000 messages explaining and at the end you did what you wanted" 🙁🙁🙁🙁

Im afraid of bad rating or order cancelation.

Can Fiverr help me against this case? what can I do?! 😥

As we can only know your side of the story here on the forum, it's difficult to say what you could have done differently. It sure sounds like a difficult buyer. 

If the buyer is indeed at fault here, and you have delivered what was agreed upon, you could always bring the matter to an end with a mutual cancellation of the order to avoid a bad review. In normal cases, I'd say a cancellation is preferable, particularly because it avoids the negative private feedback as well. If you had any other cancellations recently, I would actually prefer the negative review, since you at least have the option to explain your side of the story. But then again, the unhappy buyer is more likely to leave a negative hidden review as well, and that can cause great harm to your profile. 

It's not an easy descicion. 

Before doing any of these things, I would actually do the following: 

• Explain in a polite but firm way that calling you unprofessional and/or being rude to you by talking down to you is unacceptable. 
  • Move on by explaining that you want to solve this matter in the best way possible. Try to ask the buyer why they are unhappy with your work and what you can do to solve it. 
  • Never accept any form of abuse by a buyer. If the behaviour continues, report the matter to customer support, take the cancellation hit and block the buyer after you're done. There's no reason to accept this type of behaviour. Ever. 

Best of luck!

• Like 8
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, smashradio said:

In normal cases, I'd say a cancellation is preferable, particularly because it avoids the negative private feedback as well.

Are you sure that there's no option to leave private feedback after a cancellation?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Up 3

9 hours ago, miiila said:

Are you sure that there's no option to leave private feedback after a cancellation?

I've never been offered to do so after cancelling orders with sellers who didn't do their job properly. So I can only speak from experience, but I can't guarantee if that hasn't changed since then. 

• Like 4